Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Ron Cameron

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
edj

Re: Ron Cameron

Post by edj » Sun Feb 26, 2023 6:50 pm

Looks like I missed another masterpiece. Some thoughts based solely on what I read here:

Could Ron be asking Mr. Positive to manage his restaurant? That could actually be a draw, at least if the food is decent. I know all of us would stop by.

My understanding of PBP is there is a point where it is against the FCC rules or the contracts of the actual teams and broadcasters. This has been mentioned on those Sunday NFL scoreboard radio shows (some of which are actually pretty good). I don’t know exactly what that line is.

Ron thinks his screener is beneath him. The exceptions are Luke and Brian because they fill management roles at WDTK and WLQV. He doesn’t want to piss them off (again).

How many callers total? How many fake emailers?

Did Kurt come up with a new game?

Besides Jim Kaat who else is on in “2-3 weeks”?

Momo

Post by Momo » Sun Feb 26, 2023 7:15 pm

Bobbert wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 5:29 pm
I'd love to see that Associated Press picture of Jack Nicholson (did he mean Jack Nicklaus?) reading Sports Fans' Journal with his mouth hanging open. The photo was probably used for its comic effect.
I thought Ron was confusing the two Jacks, too, but the story continued with a Lakers reference, so I don't think Ron was confused.

Momo

Post by Momo » Sun Feb 26, 2023 7:42 pm

edj wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 6:50 pm
Looks like I missed another masterpiece. Some thoughts based solely on what I read here:

Could Ron be asking Mr. Positive to manage his restaurant? That could actually be a draw, at least if the food is decent. I know all of us would stop by.

My understanding of PBP is there is a point where it is against the FCC rules or the contracts of the actual teams and broadcasters. This has been mentioned on those Sunday NFL scoreboard radio shows (some of which are actually pretty good). I don’t know exactly what that line is.

Ron thinks his screener is beneath him. The exceptions are Luke and Brian because they fill management roles at WDTK and WLQV. He doesn’t want to piss them off (again).

How many callers total? How many fake emailers?

Did Kurt come up with a new game?

Besides Jim Kaat who else is on in “2-3 weeks”?
I think we've seen the end of Ron as a restaurant owner. It's been several years now since his last, brief, foray in the business. That noted, I have no clue as to what he wants from Mr. Positive.

My caller count - not counting duplicates - is eight (take that, Martin). Mr. Positive, Kurt, Cowboy, Chuck, Warren Dave & Greg, Rob & a new (?) caller whose name escapes me who asked a quick question about Don Shane & then disappeared.

As for the emailers, Chris from Livonia was real, but most of the rest were not. There were a couple, one asking about the NBA GOAT & the other asking about the Michigan Sports HOF, that left me in doubt. Were they from internet miscreants or were they faux ones to give Ron the chance to sound off on some of his favorite subjects?

We're likely stuck with Kurt's new game for months to come.

Other than the promise of a triumphal return of "New Zealand's" own Jim Kaat, the only definite scheduled guest I recall being mentioned was Bruce Fields, next Saturday.

radiofan1974

Post by radiofan1974 » Sun Feb 26, 2023 7:53 pm

In regards to “future” guests, Ron mentioned today that George Blaha insisted on being a guest during the playoffs and not now

Mark wilson-Due to show time, does not work for Mark?

Was Larry a emailer or caller towards the end?

I hope for all of us Jake Rogers is healthy and makes the team

Kurt’s new game will hold us over for a few months

And yes wondering what Mr P and Ron are discussing?

Majik

Post by Majik » Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:09 am

Momo wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:13 pm
Ron was about to say, "Who cares?", when Mr. Positive asked the name of his screener. What an absolute joy Ron must be to work with.
Yeah, Ronnie doesn’t know or want to know the screeners name

Kidcat

Post by Kidcat » Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:38 am

Majik wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:09 am
Momo wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:13 pm
Ron was about to say, "Who cares?", when Mr. Positive asked the name of his screener. What an absolute joy Ron must be to work with.
Yeah, Ronnie doesn’t know or want to know the screeners name
I have to give Ron a pass on this one.Don't forget for the longest time when Ron was on wpon his screener was Martin. Having to work with Martin would sour even a saint on screeners.

Momo

Post by Momo » Wed Mar 01, 2023 2:07 pm

Ron needs to know that, whatever bitterness he was holding over the Avila firing, Jim Leyland seems to now be in a good place with the Tigers. “I've really been impressed with [Scott Harris],” Leyland said. So, notwithstanding the Phil Regan litigation, he should be available to do Ron's show again.

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/colu ... 948502007/

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:11 am

Momo wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 2:07 pm
Ron needs to know that, whatever bitterness he was holding over the Avila firing, Jim Leyland seems to now be in a good place with the Tigers. “I've really been impressed with [Scott Harris],” Leyland said. So, notwithstanding the Phil Regan litigation, he should be available to do Ron's show again.

Ron can also let go of his bitterness towards Tyler Bertuzzi, now that he's been traded to the Boston Bruins.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:15 am

Midweek Memories

Saturday, April 8, 2017 (Hour 2)

Interview with Denny McLain.

https://www.detroitmoviepalaces.com/ima ... McLain.mp3

Denny gets his own radio show!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denny_McL ... gue_career ("From 2017 to 2018, McLain hosted a Sunday radio show...")

sparty89

Post by sparty89 » Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:43 am

Bobbert wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:11 am
Momo wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 2:07 pm

Ron can also let go of his bitterness towards Tyler Bertuzzi, now that he's been traded to the Boston Bruins.

he just refuses to get tested.

Momo

Post by Momo » Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:56 am

Bobbert wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:15 am
Midweek Memories

Saturday, April 8, 2017 (Hour 2)

Interview with Denny McLain.

https://www.detroitmoviepalaces.com/ima ... McLain.mp3

Denny gets his own radio show!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denny_McL ... gue_career ("From 2017 to 2018, McLain hosted a Sunday radio show...")
As noted, Denny's Wikipedia page has him working at the Superstation from '17-'18, but my memory is that that gig didn't last nearly that long. Denny was very quick to dismiss any suggestion that he & Ron's sullied history with the Superstation's owner - on a WADL (TV) show in the early '10s for which they claimed not to have been paid (such a highlight in Denny's life that Ron had to remind him of it) - should call into question this new association. In light of how quickly his stint at the Superstation ended, perhaps the impulsive Denny should have been a bit more skeptical.

"What about me?!" Ron's constant refrain. This time in response to Denny's failure to mention him among his scheduled guests when his new show at the Superstation launched the next day.

Denny's take that Michael Fulmer was better than Justin Verlander didn't age well. Nor did his opinion that Verlander's best days were behind him.

Ron can be heard to say, "What's velcro?" in the Yadier Molina story.

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Fri Mar 03, 2023 2:56 pm

Denny has a lot of takes that go sideways on him. One example is when the Astros cheating scandal came out. Denny, had said no big deal that stuff happens all the time, if you're not cheating, you're not trying sort of thing. Now he refers to AJ all the time as a cheater, players should've been suspended mantra. Huh, where did that come from?
Sure hope Ron does his usual pre show prep in case a guest no shows in him. The pre show prep has proven to be quite helpful to Ron's shows over the last month😂

radiofan1974

Post by radiofan1974 » Fri Mar 03, 2023 7:06 pm

I wonder if Ron has been in touch with Boston medical boards to let them know bertuzzi has not been “tested” I am guessing that comes up in the rationale for the trade

sparty89

Post by sparty89 » Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:51 am

Mr.Transistor wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 2:56 pm
Denny has a lot of takes that go sideways on him. One example is when the Astros cheating scandal came out. Denny, had said no big deal that stuff happens all the time, if you're not cheating, you're not trying sort of thing. Now he refers to AJ all the time as a cheater, players should've been suspended mantra. Huh, where did that come from?
Sure hope Ron does his usual pre show prep in case a guest no shows in him. The pre show prep has proven to be quite helpful to Ron's shows over the last month😂
If all else fails, Ron can always recite the USA Today MLB preview. Also, Kurt is always at the ready with scintillating trivia.

edj

Post by edj » Sat Mar 04, 2023 1:07 pm

Was Ron's time moved or did his check bounce?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic