Nicely put John Doremus!audiophile wrote: ↑Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:05 am Why didn't they drop a microphone next the metal lathe of the local machine shop...they might have more listeners.
All accepted new registrations through 11:00p ET on September 26 have been activated. Accepted new registrations in the queue are activated on a weekly basis each Saturday. Terms of use are available here: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/ucp.php?mode=terms
Thank you!
Thank you!
WGER flips to 106.3 The Core
Re: WGER flips to 106.3 The Core
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.
-
audiophile
- Posts: 9549
- Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 9:21 pm
- Location: Between 88 and 108 MHz.
Re: WGER flips to 106.3 The Core
Psalm 139:13 ~ For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb.
Jeremiah 1:5 ~ "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you;
Exodus 20:13 ~ “You shall not murder."
Jeremiah 1:5 ~ "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you;
Exodus 20:13 ~ “You shall not murder."
Re: WGER flips to 106.3 The Core
I agree re: Matchbox 20. Not so much Nickelback. They had 11 Top 10 hits on the mainstream rock chart prior to 2005. Some of their older stuff would fit fine on this station, like Leader of Men, Brathe, Too Bad, and Never Again.MWmetalhead wrote: ↑Sat Sep 24, 2022 6:58 am WGER needs to remove the Matchbox 20 and Nickelback cuts from its playlist. That crap should've been tossed in the garbage can with the rest of Mix 106.3's music & formatics.
Side-note: I see a 2017 song by Gretta Van Fleet on their playlist. That song sticks out like a sore thumb given its release year.
-
audiophile
- Posts: 9549
- Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 9:21 pm
- Location: Between 88 and 108 MHz.
Re: WGER flips to 106.3 The Core
Matchbox 20 back-to-back with Sublime...LOL
Psalm 139:13 ~ For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb.
Jeremiah 1:5 ~ "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you;
Exodus 20:13 ~ “You shall not murder."
Jeremiah 1:5 ~ "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you;
Exodus 20:13 ~ “You shall not murder."
Re: WGER flips to 106.3 The Core
My gripe with a station like this is that most of the artists they're playing have sizeable libraries to pull from, so don't play only the songs that are burnt to a crisp, like "How you Remind me."
Take the band Live for example - for me they rank right up there with Incubus for being underrated in my book. So far I've only seen 4 songs in the playlist (Lightning Crashes, Selling the Drama, I Alone, and All Over you), and maybe I've missed a song or two. And those are all good sons, but come on - they had 17 songs between 1991 and 2003 chart on the Alternative Airplay chart, probably 14 or 15 of which would fit the station fine. Collective Soul is another example - they're playing 5 or 6 of their songs when there's 15 to 20 to pick from.
One last gripe from me for a while - The Gorillaz. Ok, so Feel Good Inc is a song that barely fits the format, and they're playing the crap out of it. If you're going to play this song, how is the song Clint Eastwood not also in the rotation?
Take the band Live for example - for me they rank right up there with Incubus for being underrated in my book. So far I've only seen 4 songs in the playlist (Lightning Crashes, Selling the Drama, I Alone, and All Over you), and maybe I've missed a song or two. And those are all good sons, but come on - they had 17 songs between 1991 and 2003 chart on the Alternative Airplay chart, probably 14 or 15 of which would fit the station fine. Collective Soul is another example - they're playing 5 or 6 of their songs when there's 15 to 20 to pick from.
One last gripe from me for a while - The Gorillaz. Ok, so Feel Good Inc is a song that barely fits the format, and they're playing the crap out of it. If you're going to play this song, how is the song Clint Eastwood not also in the rotation?
Re: WGER flips to 106.3 The Core
Hmmm, I see not much has changed since 2005 on that score.
To tell you the truth, I had to look up how that song even fared at Alternative radio at the time, and was surprised to see it reached #3 there. I'd wager that the massive shadow cast by Feel Good Inc. has banished Clint to be completely forgotten.
- rugratsonline
- Posts: 501
- Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 1:20 pm
Re: WGER flips to 106.3 The Core
Damn Good? Impressive? Good work? To quote JB, "come on, man."MWmetalhead wrote: ↑Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:18 pm Playlist so far today looks damn good. Downright impressive. I hope they keep up the good work.
I love this music, but not this much.
The Unforgiven – 9/20 2:20pm
The Unforgiven – 9/21 2:39am
The Unforgiven – 9/22 8:26am
The Unforgiven – 9/23 11:06am
The Unforgiven – 9/24 4:21am
The Unforgiven – 9/26 6:22am
The Unforgiven – 9/27 10:50am
The Unforgiven – 9/28 12:54ma
Firewoman – 9/20 4:49pm
Firewoman – 9/21 3:54am
Firewoman – 9/22 8:13am
Firewoman – 9/23 3:16pm
Firewoman – 9/24 5:55pm
Firewoman – 9/25 12:18pm
Firewoman – 9/26 4:05am
Firewoman – 9/26 10:16pm
Been Caught Stealing: 9/20 12:32pm
Been Caught Stealing: 9/21 6:34pm
Been Caught Stealing: 9/22 7:43am
Been Caught Stealing: 9/23 6:16am
Been Caught Stealing: 9/23 10:17pm
Been Caught Stealing: 9/24 8:02pm
Been Caught Stealing: 9/25 9:10am
Been Caught Stealing: 9/26 1:08am
Been Caught Stealing: 9/27 7:36am
Re: WGER flips to 106.3 The Core
MWmetalhead wrote: ↑Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:39 am I have no issue with either of those three songs being played once per day, especially since this is a newly launched station. All three are worthy of regular airplay. It's good to see the play times vary.
-
radionightmare
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2005 7:17 pm
Re: WGER flips to 106.3 The Core
Those are the 4 songs from Live that matter.bmw wrote: ↑Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:48 am
Take the band Live for example - for me they rank right up there with Incubus for being underrated in my book. So far I've only seen 4 songs in the playlist (Lightning Crashes, Selling the Drama, I Alone, and All Over you), and maybe I've missed a song or two. And those are all good sons, but come on - they had 17 songs between 1991 and 2003 chart on the Alternative Airplay chart, probably 14 or 15 of which would fit the station fine.
- Colonel Flagg
- Posts: 1542
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:54 pm
Re: WGER flips to 106.3 The Core
While I like the Modern Rock concept, what I am seeing here are the same potential missteps that were made by Infinity Broadcasting, with the failed experiment known as "Extreme Radio". Not successful, but fondly remembered by many, even though it was barely around for a minute.
"Nobody can get the truth out of me, because even I don't know what it is"