Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Boston Market Restaurants in the Detroit Area

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
kager

Re: Boston Market Restaurants in the Detroit Area

Post by kager » Sat Aug 20, 2022 7:46 am

Matt wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:06 am
How do the chickens take care of their insurance claims though?
One peck on a smartphone.

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:56 am

On the subject of chickens...and closed restaurants...Denny's has also been closing locations, in spite of the big boost provided by this classic commercial:

matt1

Post by matt1 » Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:00 pm

I was at Dairy Queen at Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario CA back in October of 2017 & I tasted their chicken strips BUT it tasted different than the U.S. Dairy Queen. I wonder what was in the oil or butter??

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:29 pm

matt1 wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:00 pm
I was at Dairy Queen at Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario CA back in October of 2017 & I tasted their chicken strips BUT it tasted different than the U.S. Dairy Queen. I wonder what was in the oil or butter??
Maybe now is the time to make a return trip and report back!

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

CurlyHoward

Post by CurlyHoward » Sat Aug 20, 2022 11:12 pm

Bobbert wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:56 am
On the subject of chickens...and closed restaurants...Denny's has also been closing locations, in spite of the big boost provided by this classic commercial:

Denny's is struggling because their gimmick was "no our food's not great but at least we're open 24 hours". In the pandemic world restaurants are struggling to find good workers for any shift and it's impossible overnights so they simply can't stay open. Even Waffle House which has a cult following struggled to get locations open 24 hours again.

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:39 am

There is one in the area of Schoenherr and M-59. The one that used to be at 15 mile and Ryan is something else now.

Deleted User 15835

Post by Deleted User 15835 » Sat Sep 24, 2022 12:06 pm

I couldn't tell you the last time I saw a Boston Market, I get there TV dinners all the time. Not bad for what they are.

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:14 pm

Riff Raff wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 12:06 pm
I couldn't tell you the last time I saw a Boston Market, I get there TV dinners all the time. Not bad for what they are.
There's still the one not too far from where you live at Alexis and Lewis.

Deleted User 15835

Post by Deleted User 15835 » Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:29 pm

I thought they had closed that one for some reason, there is one on Secor near Monroe come to think of it. It's just been years since I've actually been in one.

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:40 pm

Riff Raff wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:29 pm
I thought they had closed that one for some reason, there is one on Secor near Monroe come to think of it. It's just been years since I've actually been in one.
Despite being open for years, it's never excessively busy.

CurlyHoward

Post by CurlyHoward » Sat Sep 24, 2022 3:22 pm

There's a third one in metro Toledo on Airport Hwy. near Spring Meadows as well. I haven't had anything of theirs besides the frozen dinners in forever, though.

Moe's Southwest Grill closed both of their Toledo locations, guess Chipotle had the market for mediocre gringoized Mexican food covered here

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:14 am

matt1 wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:00 pm
Canada has higher standards for their poultry.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Deleted User 15835

Post by Deleted User 15835 » Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:15 am

radioandtventhusiast wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:40 pm
Riff Raff wrote:
I went by The Alexis/Lewis location today, didn't look too busy. As I say, it's been years since I have been in a Boston Market, enough people still must go there as it's still open. A little while back, I attempted to go to KFC out on Central AVE near the car dealers, as I had just had my car serviced and needed a quick bite

It's like 4:30-5pm and I was told they weren't making any more chicken sandwich's, really? plus the women was rude and sounded like trailer trash. I left a negative review on google reviews.

So.. I went down the road to Chick-Fil-A, had to wait but it's always worth it. Now that's a well run place, they have that coordinated down to a science. Clearly, they are more choosy in who they hire and as a customer I appreciate that. It's easy to see why they are always busy. Give people quality food and treat them well, they will come back.

On the other hand, you run your place like crap and hire people with bad attitudes well... you get what you put in.

DQ, I have only had ice cream from them but never the food.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:50 am

Riff Raff wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:15 am
radioandtventhusiast wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:40 pm
Riff Raff wrote:
I went by The Alexis/Lewis location today, didn't look too busy. As I say, it's been years since I have been in a Boston Market, enough people still must go there as it's still open. A little while back, I attempted to go to KFC out on Central AVE near the car dealers, as I had just had my car serviced and needed a quick bite

It's like 4:30-5pm and I was told they weren't making any more chicken sandwich's, really? plus the women was rude and sounded like trailer trash. I left a negative review on google reviews.

So.. I went down the road to Chick-Fil-A, had to wait but it's always worth it. Now that's a well run place, they have that coordinated down to a science. Clearly, they are more choosy in who they hire and as a customer I appreciate that. It's easy to see why they are always busy. Give people quality food and treat them well, they will come back.

On the other hand, you run your place like crap and hire people with bad attitudes well... you get what you put in.

DQ, I have only had ice cream from them but never the food.
Could say the same exact thing about RALLY's burger places. Loved their food but couldn't stand the help, nor how they quite literally slapped the burgers together and threw them in a bag.

Used to get Chick-Fil-A when I went down south a LOT. Always caught me off guard when they welcomed me into the building with a greeting and nice smile, like they actually MEANT it. Went to the local one here for the first time last week, and they were SLAMMED with business, but treated each customer like they were the only one in the building, not the 'next sucker' in the production line.

Deleted User 15835

Post by Deleted User 15835 » Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:45 am

Exactly, unlike at Burger King or a couple other places, where it's some little brat with an attitude. I wish we had Zaxby's in SE MI, I've gone to them in TN and KY before. Love there food.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic