Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Whitmer leads Dixon 28 to 1

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Re: Whitmer leads Dixon 28 to 1

Post by TC Talks » Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:48 am

Say what you will Matt but she balanced our budget managed to get our roads back on track and handled covid despite Betsy DeVos

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:50 am

TC Talks wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:48 am
Say what you will Matt but she balanced our budget managed to get our roads back on track and handled covid despite Betsy DeVos
Rick Snyder addressed the structural deficit in his first cycle in FY12. The state budget is constitutionally required to be balanced, so ANOTHER hollow claim. Her covid response was an unmitigated, unconstitutional disaster.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:27 pm

Her covid plan was the same plan as most States. You know who had a shitty covid plan? The Republican state of Tennessee. They have had more people per capita die of covid than any other state. They simply let things go and leave it in the hands of Jesus.

Our plan was less strict than Illinois and New York, and about equal to California so I would dump on your whole premise that are covid plan was irresponsible.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:09 pm

marsbar wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:06 pm

Oh, yeah, the plan that put COVID patients into nursing homes of the vulnerable and elderly, killing thousands of them? 1/3 of Covid deaths were in nursing homes.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/ ... 723259001/

“Same plan as most states” right?

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

lidoshuffle

Post by lidoshuffle » Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:12 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:48 am
She didn't handle Covid,
She locked down the state
She shutdown businesses
rendered many out of work and no income
businesses were lost and went bankrupt
You couldn't go down the paint, gardening isles at major big box stores
Had to talk to Gramma thru a window at her "home"
Basically declared war on the service/restaurant business here in Michigan
Only she and her husband were allowed to travel and go power boating while she told us all to stay home stay scared
Holiday gatherings cancelled, except hers
HS kids on zoom, then forced to play sports with masks on
2020 Grads in their cars or on zoom accepting diplomas
her Covid response and policies were a disaster, more harm than good, how quickly Libs/Dems forget the misery and just plain foolish policies she instituted during "the pandemic"
Doling out Executive Orders like she was passing out Halloween candy...
Dixon won't win, that is a shame, more due to the GOP here in Michigan not able to put together a solid campaign and candidate
Remember the FIRST act Gretch wanted to do right after she won election in 2018
Raise your gas tax by .45 cents/gal
Wonder what FIRST act she'll pull when she wins in Nov, knowing she's immune from any political fallout as she enters her 2nd and final term...
Hide your wallets and bank accounts citizens of MI
I await stupid replies...

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:36 pm

lidoshuffle wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:12 pm
She didn't handle Covid,
She locked down the state
She shutdown businesses
rendered many out of work and no income
businesses were lost and went bankrupt
You couldn't go down the paint, gardening isles at major big box stores
Had to talk to Gramma thru a window at her "home"
Basically declared war on the service/restaurant business here in Michigan
Only she and her husband were allowed to travel and go power boating while she told us all to stay home stay scared
Holiday gatherings cancelled, except hers
HS kids on zoom, then forced to play sports with masks on
2020 Grads in their cars or on zoom accepting diplomas
her Covid response and policies were a disaster, more harm than good, how quickly Libs/Dems forget the misery and just plain foolish policies she instituted during "the pandemic"
Doling out Executive Orders like she was passing out Halloween candy...
This. All of this.

And the fact that she (and many other authoritarians around the country) won't be held accountable sickens me. We as a nation obsess over how January 6th was supposedly a "threat to our democracy." No. The people who breached the Capitol (who should be prosecuted) posed no actual threat to our democracy. However, authoritarian leaders such as Whitmer have already demonstrated that they really are a threat to our democracy. Republican politicians need to figure out a way to turn this into persistent messaging.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:09 pm

With the exception of deniers like yourself most of the state is happy with the fact that no one is dying from covid any longer.

We've watched your whole Covid Arc so I don't know if your opinion really matters anymore as it's kind of bat shit crazy.
― Noam Chomsky

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Sep 11, 2022 12:20 am

TC Talks wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:09 pm
the fact that no one is dying from covid any longer...
That's a lie. 15 to 20 Michiganders are still dying every day from Covid, at least according to your favorite rag the New York Times. In fact, at least in Michigan, this is deadliest summer Covid has seen.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Sep 11, 2022 1:10 am

The Michigan Dems need to start helping Carl Marlinga over here. John James is spending hundreds of thousands on false attack ads and cheerful ads about his football coach. They would sooner have Macomb County rot away. In the words of Jim Fouts, "fuck that shit."
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:16 am

Marlinga is going to lose, and lose badly. That's my prediction. The Dems are going to spend on races that are more closely contested or deemed more important. Spending high $$$ on that race would be a poor use of funds.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:49 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:16 am
Marlinga is going to lose, and lose badly. That's my prediction. The Dems are going to spend on races that are more closely contested or deemed more important. Spending high $$$ on that race would be a poor use of funds.
John James apparently VERY BADLY wants to be in congress. Maybe he’ll get a better health plan?

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:28 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:16 am
Nope. I say James win but only by 2%, and it's for the reasons that they aren't putting money in the race.

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:32 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:27 pm
You know who had a shitty covid plan? The Republican state of Tennessee. They have had more people per capita die of covid than any other state.
I guess I missed this claim earlier - but as usual, TC Talks makes another factually incorrect statement. There are actually 6 states that were worse. Deaths per 100k lifetime:

432 - Mississippi
429 - Arizona
414 - Alabama
410 - West Virginia
405 - New Mexico
399 - Tennessee
397 - Arkansas
390 - New Jersey
386 - Louisiana
384 - Michigan

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/202 ... cases.html

Oh...what a surprise. Michigan is in the top 10 for deaths. And compared to Tennessee? 96.2% of the deaths per capita.
so I would dump on your whole premise that [our] covid plan was irresponsible.
Pretty low bar you're setting there TCT. We're in the top 20% of deadliest states for Covid. If you think Tennessee was awful, and Michigan was not even 4% better, what does that say about Michigan?

Take your anti-Republican BS elsewhere. Or at least back it up with factually correct statements.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:33 am

Thank you for proving a point.... Republicans kill citizens.

432 - Mississippi Republican Governor
429 - Arizona Republican Governor
414 - Alabama Republican Governor
410 - West Virginia Republican Governor

405 - New Mexico Democratic Governor
399 - Tennessee Republican Governor
397 - Arkansas Republican Governor

390 - New Jersey Democratic Governor
386 - Louisiana Republican Governor
384 - Michigan Democratic Governor

You are forgetting this detail, Betsy lead the charge to kill Michigan citizens.
A political group heavily funded by the family of Education Secretary Betsy DeVos organized a raucous rally against Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer's stay-at-home order on Wednesday. Roughly 3,000 conservatives, including members of the Proud Boys hate group and Confederate flag-waving right-wingers, descended on the state Capitol. Most participants did not wear protective masks or observe social distancing recommendations.

The protest was organized by the DeVos-funded nonprofit Michigan Freedom Fund (MFF) and a far-right organization called the Michigan Conservative Coalition.
Bridge
― Noam Chomsky

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:34 am

TC Talks wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:33 am
Thank you for proving a point.... Republicans kill citizens.

432 - Mississippi Republican Governor
429 - Arizona Republican Governor
414 - Alabama Republican Governor
410 - West Virginia Republican Governor

405 - New Mexico Democratic Governor
399 - Tennessee Republican Governor
397 - Arkansas Republican Governor

390 - New Jersey Democratic Governor
386 - Louisiana Republican Governor
384 - Michigan Democratic Governor

You are forgetting this detail, Betsy lead the charge to kill Michigan citizens.
A political group heavily funded by the family of Education Secretary Betsy DeVos organized a raucous rally against Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer's stay-at-home order on Wednesday. Roughly 3,000 conservatives, including members of the Proud Boys hate group and Confederate flag-waving right-wingers, descended on the state Capitol. Most participants did not wear protective masks or observe social distancing recommendations.

The protest was organized by the DeVos-funded nonprofit Michigan Freedom Fund (MFF) and a far-right organization called the Michigan Conservative Coalition.
Bridge
Did you come down to meet the Prez last night? My friend me him at the Auto presser. Meanwhile, I was getting yelled at by some ingrate at a condo association meeting.

Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic