Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Lawn sign

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Deleted User 15783

Lawn sign

Post by Deleted User 15783 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:09 am

Holey Moley.
I put a lawn sign up for the my choice of candidate for state rep. It's the lone democrat in the primary.
There are four people vying for the Republican nomination this August.
In my 'hood, I've seen a couple of signs for one of those four. None on my block.
It looks like I am the only one in my 'hood having a sign for the Democratic candidate.

My neighbors have quit talking to me. Total 180 attitude towards me. Not just one.
I'm talking at least six different neighbors have quit waving at me when they drive by.
I have become invisible when I wave at them. Eerie. I just may take it down.
I'd rather have my neighbors like me, than have the sign on my lawn.

audiophile

Re: Lawn sign

Post by audiophile » Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:42 pm

New way to conduct polls, LOL.

Not many democrats are cogent right now.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:39 pm

I'll never put up a yard sign for any candidate for any office on my lawn...ever.

It's none of my neighbors' business whom I support.

Deleted User 15783

Post by Deleted User 15783 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:56 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:39 pm
I'll never put up a yard sign for any candidate for any office on my lawn...ever.

It's none of my neighbors' business whom I support.
I think I'll agree with you. Right now it's laying on my lawn. I don't care how strongly I feel about a candidate. I'd rather have my neighbors watching out for me while I'm gone.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:07 pm

Unfortunately, it's too late. Once the CON neighbors know you're an independent or a Dem, they discriminate against you.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:09 am

Yeah, I wouldn't put a yard sign up either I don't care if anyone does put up a yard sign I'll wave to them.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Realist

Post by Realist » Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:10 pm

I unfortunately live in a county that has turned red in the 25 years, as we used to have a Democrat State Rep until gerrymandering after the 2010 census. 2 years ago, next to my Biden yard sign, I put up a sign for one of the three Republican sheriff candidates (no Democrats ran). Within a week, that candidate got harassed by one of his supporters who took a picture of my signs and asked him when he became a Democrat. Too many uneducated idiot hillbillies living here

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic