Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Ron Cameron

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
radiofan1974

Re: Ron Cameron

Post by radiofan1974 » Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:29 pm

Majik wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:11 pm
I am surprised with periods of caller drought, that yesterday being Easter Sunday, Ronald did not hear from the insurance company.
Yeah he was using the line of “bail me out” to call. First time I had heard him use that line

radiofan1974

Post by radiofan1974 » Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:29 pm

We also had about a minute of the phone screener chiming in, that was new as he added his thoughts on things, but that did not last to long

Momo

Post by Momo » Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:54 pm

Majik wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:11 pm
I am surprised with periods of caller drought, that yesterday being Easter Sunday, Ronald did not hear from the insurance company.
All my dreams would come true if this fictional crew from what I called the “Scrooge Insurance Company” would come back to life. I joined the Buzzboard shortly after Ron’s WPON morning show ended, so I never got to comment on this artifice in real time. And once I joined & started recalling this practice, this rotating cast of new “callers” were forever silenced, along with their most anodyne questions. Coincidence?!

radiofan1974

Post by radiofan1974 » Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:29 pm

Received a email back from Mr Rubin from
The free press, basically a thanks for the email.

Willie108

Post by Willie108 » Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:23 pm

OUR HERO IS AT IT AGAIN:

Ron to Business Owner: Hi, I'm back!!!

Business Owner: Oh no, not you again!!

Ron: Did I mention to you that I AM A LEGEND???

Business Owner: Yes, at least 10 times Mack. I thru you out thru the plate glass window the other day. Now I'm stuck paying for a new window because Flo turned down my claim.

Ron: I've got a deal for you....I'll sell you advertising on my vastly popular radio show on a little known Detroit radio station for a dollar-a-hollar. By the way, what do you sell here??

Business Owner: Television sets and Banquet Frozen TV Dinners.

Ron: I'll tell you what, I'll offer the dollar-a-hollar ads, but I want comps on the TV's and frozen dinners. By the way...what kind of TV's do you carry???

Business Owner: Well, I have a nice Muntz over there, and against the wall, I've got a good Philco set.

Ron: Look Bub...I WANT A JUMBOTRON...AFTER ALL...I AM A LEGEND. I HAVE THE LONGEST RUNNING SPORTS RADIO TALK SHOW IN HISTORY!!!!!

Business Owner: You know what those cost???

Ron: Yeah, but the business you'll get from the 4 callers that call in every week....that I don't have time to get to....you'll
make millions.

Business Owner: All right Mack.....I've had it with you. I'm calling the SWAT team!!!!

Ron: Oh goodie!!!! What does a SWAT team do, swat flies and mosquitoes??????

uncleb67

Post by uncleb67 » Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:54 am

Waiting on Easter Sunday show to get posted.

windsorjoe

Post by windsorjoe » Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:01 pm

uncleb67 wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:54 am
Maybe Ron forgot to pay his airtime bill and they are holding the podcast upload as ransom.

Kidcat

Post by Kidcat » Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:35 pm

uncleb67 wrote:
It is worth waiting for.The absolute worst show in sports talk history.I could only listen to the first two hours before I couldn't take it any more.Save yourself some time listen until Mr Positive is done and stop listening.Mr P was the only good part of the show.

uncleb67

Post by uncleb67 » Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:57 pm

Kidcat wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:35 pm
uncleb67 wrote:
It is worth waiting for.The absolute worst show in sports talk history.I could only listen to the first two hours before I couldn't take it any more.Save yourself some time listen until Mr Positive is done and stop listening.Mr P was the only good part of the show.
Hey, Mr. P is always a highlight and the podcast is up, so here we go.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Wed Apr 20, 2022 3:34 pm

The truth is out about Al Sobotka's firing from the Red Wings: public urination

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sport ... 384098001/

If this comes up next Sunday, we can expect a long story from Ron about his similar problems with his prostate.

windsorjoe

Post by windsorjoe » Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:31 pm

Bobbert wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 3:34 pm
The truth is out about Al Sobotka's firing from the Red Wings: public urination

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sport ... 384098001/

If this comes up next Sunday, we can expect a long story from Ron about his similar problems with his prostate.
The whole story seems a little odd to me.

Momo

Post by Momo » Thu Apr 21, 2022 1:51 pm

In this alternatively very funny & emotional funeral service for Gilbert Gottfried, the references to the comedian's reliance on senior citizens as guests (on his podcast), his cheapness & his reliance on old material brought to mind the galaxy's longest-running radio talk show host:

https://www.legacycelebrated.com/gilbert-gottfried/

Momo

Post by Momo » Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:06 pm

In service of my continuing mission to, ahem, get Ron's goat, I offer up Shawn Windsor's take on Gordie Howe:

"But then sizing up an athlete’s place in a city’s pantheon isn’t merely about skill, right?

It’s about stories. And probably numbers.

Like how many times an athlete helped bring a title. Which explains Howe’s victory in the Free Press’ Tournament of G.O.A.T. in the summer of 2018: everyone loved Howe; he won every year, or so it seemed.

Never mind that those titles came when six teams played in the NHL. I know, that isn’t fair, we’re supposed to consider the greatness of an athlete in the context of their time. From that gauge, Howe wins, sure, even though we have to acknowledge he wasn’t as skilled as Steve Yzerman or Sergei Fedorov or probably Niklas Lidstrom."

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/colu ... 404672001/

radiofan1974

Post by radiofan1974 » Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:54 pm

Momo wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:06 pm
In service of my continuing mission to, ahem, get Ron's goat, I offer up Shawn Windsor's take on Gordie Howe:

"But then sizing up an athlete’s place in a city’s pantheon isn’t merely about skill, right?

It’s about stories. And probably numbers.

Like how many times an athlete helped bring a title. Which explains Howe’s victory in the Free Press’ Tournament of G.O.A.T. in the summer of 2018: everyone loved Howe; he won every year, or so it seemed.

Never mind that those titles came when six teams played in the NHL. I know, that isn’t fair, we’re supposed to consider the greatness of an athlete in the context of their time. From that gauge, Howe wins, sure, even though we have to acknowledge he wasn’t as skilled as Steve Yzerman or Sergei Fedorov or probably Niklas Lidstrom."

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/colu ... 404672001/
And in reading the article he has miggy up there would get R-sizzle going for sure.

I believe this is another guest list Sunday, then after this Sunday all guests coming rolling in

Willie108

Post by Willie108 » Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:25 am

OUR HERO JUST WON'T STOP:

Ron to Business Owner: Hi, I'm back!!!

Business Owner: Oh no, not you again!!!

Ron: You STILL haven't bought air time on my show!! What is your problem??? I AM A LEGEND!!!! I should be in every hall of fame there is. I INVENTED RADIO. Marconi was just my assistant.

Business Owner: Look Mack, I listened to your show last week. All I heard was a bunch of hacking and coughing. And you say you're popular??? Well, you had the same 4 callers calling in for the first 2 hours. Then the last hour, I heard nothing but play-by-play, with about 15 seconds of silence in between. I thought you had died. And you want me to buy commercials???

Ron: You betcha pal, I AM A LEGEND!!! They thru me off WXYZ back in the 70's because I didn't appeal to women. What did they know??? I had the highest ratings in the history of the station. I had better numbers than The Lone Ranger!!! I taught Dick Purtan and J.P. McCarthy everything they know.

Business Owner: Wait a minute...J.P. has been gone almost 27 years. Did you know Bill Bonds???

Ron: Yeah. He was over on the TV station. I was on the radio side. Bill was another no talent bum...next to me. Wait, huh...J.P. is gone??? No...he can't be!!!

Business Owner: Yep...he is!!!

Ron: And they didn't call me to do the eulogy??? I am insulted!!! I'll have to get hold of his family and give them what's for. After all...I AM A LEGEND!!!!

Business Owner: Hey...they're towing out your 1964 Pontiac. You'd better get out there!!!

Ron: I'll be back...and I'll be with my 4 callers. They'll be picketing your business....because I AM A LEGEND!!!!! And don't you forget it!!!!!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic