Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Petty, sore loser Donald Trump is trying to cost Republicans a Senate seat in Arizona

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Re: Petty, sore loser Donald Trump is trying to cost Republicans a Senate seat in Arizona

Post by bmw » Sat Feb 19, 2022 10:45 am

For someone who would otherwise vote Republican, voting 3rd party is equal to a half of a vote for the Democrat (ie, it is equal to not voting at all).

Honeyman

Re: Petty, sore loser Donald Trump is trying to cost Republicans a Senate seat in Arizona

Post by Honeyman » Sat Feb 19, 2022 11:01 am

bmw wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 10:45 am
For someone who would otherwise vote Republican, voting 3rd party is equal to a half of a vote for the Democrat (ie, it is equal to not voting at all).
Ridiculous statement. Maybe if enough "otherwise Republicans" vote third party, the GOP would finally realize what a cancer this candidate is and will actually run someone with true Republican values.

But considering he lost them the house and senate, it's doubtful.
The censorship king from out of state.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Feb 19, 2022 11:05 am

Donald Trump isn't a Democrat or Republican. He's a self-absorbed asshole who proved on 1/6 that he's unfit to serve as POTUS.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Feb 19, 2022 1:21 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 11:01 am
bmw wrote:
Ridiculous statement.
Until if and when there's a viable 3rd party, it is a factually accurate statement that it is the same as not voting at all. Same applies to Democrats who vote 3rd party.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Feb 19, 2022 1:41 pm

bmw wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 1:21 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 11:01 am
bmw wrote:
Ridiculous statement.
Until if and when there's a viable 3rd party, it is a factually accurate statement that it is the same as not voting at all. Same applies to Democrats who vote 3rd party.
I agree 100%. Voting third party is a copout. Only 2 people have a chance to win - pick one.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sat Feb 19, 2022 2:35 pm

The 2 party system gave us the choice of Joe Biden and Donald Trump. I believe there has to be a better way.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Feb 19, 2022 3:12 pm

And what would you propose? We may have a 2 party system, but we have far more than 2 viable candidates every 4 years. Each party has primaries with many people to choose from.

The primaries are the time to voice your opinion that you don't like the top candidate in your party.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sat Feb 19, 2022 3:28 pm

A viable 3rd party candidate can make a difference is my point.

George Wallace won 5 states in 68. Had over 10 percent of the popular vote. Ralph Nader and Ross Perot might have swayed the presidency when they ran.

I live in a state that is already decided, but I rarely vote for anyone but a third party candidate simply because I won't vote for the lesser of 2 evils.

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Sun Feb 20, 2022 1:24 am

Honeyman, why not just form a third party?

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:17 am

Trump's comments regarding Putin's invasion of Ukraine are disgusting.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Feb 23, 2022 11:02 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:17 am
Disgusting is the correct word.

The amazing thing is the Trumpers on this board actually consider themselves "conservatives". Ronald Reagan is turning over in his grave hearing these remarks by a former US president.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Feb 23, 2022 11:43 am

janessa wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 11:24 am
Matt wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:01 pm
https://www.cnn.com/2022/02/17/politics ... index.html

Why some in the right are still carrying this loser's water is something I'll never understand. To them, good: trying to steal an election that you lost that you had NO BUSINESS LOSING and bad: the opponent you beat in 2016 trying to steal that election.
Trump has been out of office for more than a year, and he's still all you talk about.

I'm sure he's thankful for all the free rent you're giving him in your head.

My suggestion? Follow what the buffoon in that office is doing, or in his case, not doing now.
You've been registered since 2/7. Longtime reader, first time poster? Do you really think we're all that fucking stupid?
Honeyman wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 11:02 am
MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:17 am
Disgusting is the correct word.

The amazing thing is the Trumpers on this board actually consider themselves "conservatives". Ronald Reagan is turning over in his grave hearing these remarks by a former US president.
Some on here absolutely adore Trump still. What an example for future generations of Americans...

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:55 am

100% agreed!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:57 am

Sorry, but I'm not a "sheep" and do not use partisan affiliation as a litmus test. I will vote for whichever candidate I feel is the best to serve in the office for which I am voting.
And what would you propose? We may have a 2 party system, but we have far more than 2 viable candidates every 4 years. Each party has primaries with many people to choose from.

The primaries are the time to voice your opinion that you don't like the top candidate in your party.
While I agree generally with your remarks regarding the importance of primaries, I think America is long overdue to have at least three parties hold seats in state & federal legislative bodies.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Feb 24, 2022 8:11 am

Focusing on partisan affiliation as some sort of litmus test isn't the point. As it stands now (and will stand for the foreseeable future), the Republican nominee and the Democrat nominee are the only 2 viable candidates in a Presidential election, and as such, voting for anybody else in the general election is literally the equivalent of throwing your vote away (ie, not voting). It is hard to come up with an analogy, but I'll try: It is the day before a family gathering. You're stuck eating what ever gets voted for by the group. Your choices are hamburgers, hot dogs, and steak. You want steak. You don't much care for hamburgers (though find them at least edible), but you can't stand hot dogs. You know everybody is poor so nobody can afford steak. What do you vote for? In this (admittedly ridiculous scenario), voting for steak is throwing your vote away and increases your risk of getting stuck with hot dogs.

And my point hold especially true in swing states. If you live somewhere like California or New York - fine, vote 3rd party, as the outcome is already pre-determined. But somewhere like Michigan? Your vote here actually counts as was demonstrated in 2016.

As far as having 3rd parties hold seats in legislative bodies, that is an entirely different subject. Occasionally 3rd party candidates can and do win those seats. Just depends on the race.

As to parties specifically, 3rd parties have a much better chance of trying to get one of their own elected President by having one of their own run in one of the 2 major party primaries. Bernie Sanders, for example, isn't a Democrat, but ran for that party's nomination. Rand Paul, while affiliated as a Republican, is really much closer to a Libertarian.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic