Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Major snowstorm brewing

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: Major snowstorm brewing

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:33 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:00 pm
Let's all just go outside with giant fans and push the air away from us. Worth a try? Right? I'm willing to try anything at this point.
Better than shooting the moon like the movie Moonfall.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Tue Feb 01, 2022 3:28 am

Mega Hertz wrote:
Let's all just go outside with giant fans and push the air away from us. Worth a try? Right? I'm willing to try anything at this point.
"Ice Station Siegfried" was an episode of Get Smart from 1969. KAOS has a giant fan at the North Pole which blows cold air South and plunges the whole world into an Ice Age.

Good luck finding even a decent trailer for this episode online for free.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0587526/
"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Feb 01, 2022 6:39 am

My updated thoughts:
-WDIV and AccuWeather are too aggressive in totals. I disagree with their prediction of a widespread 12 to 18 inches.
-The Weather Channel with its prediction of 5 to 8 inches (with less than that north of M-59) across the 696 corridor is too light.
-WXYZ's prediction of 10 to 12 inches through the heart of the Metro is close. Fox 2 is calling for 8 to 14 inches with highest numbers near the border; I more or less agree.
-In terms of snowfall, Wednesday should be worse than Thursday in most areas. Wednesday's snow should also be of denser consistency.
-A lull in the snow Wednesday night looks increasingly likely.
-Heaviest totals look to be along the I-80 corridor.

My storm total projections:
-5 to 8 inches Flint and Lansing areas. Heaviest south of Lansing. Northern Genesee might not even see 5 inches of total snow.
-7 to 10 inches Howell, Pontiac, Sterling Heights, Pt. Huron, Mt. Clemens.
-8 to 12 inches Ann Arbor, DTW, Detroit.
-10 to 14 inches Adrian, Monroe, Toledo. Some Wednesday icy precip is possible. Snow totals evenly divided between Wednesday and Thursday.
-12 to 16 inches Bowling Green, Fremont, Defiance, Fort Wayne. Some significant Wednesday icy precip is also possible here but is looking less likely than yesterday. More snow Thursday than Wednesday.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:39 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 6:39 am
-In terms of snowfall, Wednesday should be worse than Thursday in most areas. Wednesday's snow should also be of denser consistency.
The good news here is that the 2nd wave appears to be mostly confined to south of the border. That is what is cutting down on these snowfall total projections. Originally it looked like Michigan wasn't going to get quite as much Wednesday but then get piled on Thursday.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:40 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 6:39 am
My updated thoughts:
-WDIV and AccuWeather are too aggressive in totals. I disagree with their prediction of a widespread 12 to 18 inches.
-The Weather Channel with its prediction of 5 to 8 inches (with less than that north of M-59) across the 696 corridor is too light.
-WXYZ's prediction of 10 to 12 inches through the heart of the Metro is close. Fox 2 is calling for 8 to 14 inches with highest numbers near the border; I more or less agree.
-Heaviest totals look to be along the I-80 corridor.

My storm total projections:
-5 to 8 inches Flint and Lansing areas. Heaviest south of Lansing. Northern Genesee might not even see 5 inches of total snow.
-7 to 10 inches Howell, Pontiac, Sterling Heights, Pt. Huron, Mt. Clemens.
-8 to 12 inches Ann Arbor, DTW, Detroit.
-10 to 14 inches Adrian, Monroe, Toledo. Some Wednesday icy precip is possible. Snow totals evenly divided between Wednesday and Thursday.
-12 to 16 inches Bowling Green, Fremont, Defiance, Fort Wayne. Some significant Wednesday icy precip is also possible here but is looking less likely than yesterday. More snow Thursday than Wednesday.
Looks about right… 350am update to the watch stuck with 8-14.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:44 pm

Sunny all week here in Traverse City.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:36 pm

It's actually a beautiful day in my neck of the woods right now. Partly sunny and mid 40s.

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Tue Feb 01, 2022 3:04 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:44 pm
Hard to imagine. Better mark the calendar on that one. Of all the places I've lived, that was probably the coldest, wettest, and gloomiest.
"Don't you knock when you enter a room?"

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Feb 01, 2022 3:14 pm

The models are all over the place. I'm keeping my predictions from early this morning intact.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Feb 01, 2022 3:20 pm

Colonel Flagg wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 3:04 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Hard to imagine. Better mark the calendar on that one. Of all the places I've lived, that was probably the coldest, wettest, and gloomiest.
I am celebrating in the irony.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Tue Feb 01, 2022 3:33 pm

Ben Zonia wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 3:28 am
Mega Hertz wrote:
"Ice Station Siegfried" was an episode of Get Smart from 1969. KAOS has a giant fan at the North Pole which blows cold air South and plunges the whole world into an Ice Age.

Good luck finding even a decent trailer for this episode online for free.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0587526/
You just know at some point those folks in Ontario are going to try to use all those wind turbines to do the same thing!! :lol

I think MW's predictions are the closest to reality I've seen and the comments on the various weather broadcasts are accurate.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:48 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 3:20 pm
Colonel Flagg wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 3:04 pm
TC Talks wrote:
I am celebrating in the irony.
Climate change stands to help you all up there.

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Tue Feb 01, 2022 6:17 pm

I was so happy. SO happy at work today. Sun was shining, got 11 hours in, nothing freezing, money maker day. Came home and took my dog for her longest walk in weeks. She LOVES walks. Went outside and played tug of war on the patio.

And now we're gonna be back to "Nope, can't do this job. Too cold." Getting home at noon. "Sorry, pup, too cold for a walk. Too much snow".

I wish I could have the hubris of Valenti who thinks we won't get anything but maybe 3 inches. Jesus how happy would I be.

Oh, Brighton schools just closed. Looks like I'm losing a day's pay tomorrow. Awesome. Between snow, cold and covid, I'm gonna burn all my vacation/PTO days before March.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:04 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 3:14 pm
The models are all over the place. I'm keeping my predictions from early this morning intact.
Weather service is going with 11-15 for the southern 4 counties… Washtenaw-Wayne-Lenawee-Monroe. I live by the airport and the auto-forecast machine says 12 by Thursday night. Surveying ALL of the individual winter storm warning we have the highest totals predicted of anybody from Texas to Cleveland. Hooray us.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:39 pm

As of this morning, greater Cleveland was 16-18 inches. So, the bullseye appears to be northern Ohio.

Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic