Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Detroit Lions 2021

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Honeyman

Re: Detroit Lions 2021

Post by Honeyman » Sun Dec 26, 2021 4:18 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Dec 26, 2021 4:07 pm
"Hey, let's throw into triple coverage on 2nd down!"

WTF was Boyle thinking???
I think it was first, wasn't it? How does a guy that had 12 TDs and 26 INTs in college between football powerhouses such as UConn and Eastern Kentucky get in the NFL?

The censorship king from out of state.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Mon Dec 27, 2021 7:10 am

Honeyman wrote:
Sun Dec 26, 2021 4:18 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Dec 26, 2021 4:07 pm
"Hey, let's throw into triple coverage on 2nd down!"

WTF was Boyle thinking???
I think it was first, wasn't it? How does a guy that had 12 TDs and 26 INTs in college between football powerhouses such as UConn and Eastern Kentucky get in the NFL?
Well, it was only his second career start, (he said in his usual rationalizing fashion). Not accounting for those underneath linebackers is a typical rookie mistake. I remember the same thing happening to Greg Landry. Yeah, I know, Boyle isn't a rookie, but his NFL game experience suggests otherwise. It should have been drilled into his head -- if the pass isn't there, throw it away!

FWIW, he did lead the Ohio Valley Conference in passing yards his senior year at EKU, but he's still the same player -- a quarterback with a big arm and major accuracy issues.

It should make all the tankniks happy that the Lions are now guaranteed a top 5 draft pick with an excellent shot at top 2. I tend to agree with what this one commenter says:
I was impressed by Boyle's performance (although that last pass was a real woofer) but it said more to me about the coaching than it said about Boyle, whose fate I don't really care about. Having watched Boyle sling it all over the field at random in preseason and in his prior opportunity, watching him have a poised, competent game felt like a continuation of what we saw last week against Arizona: long weeks of preparation and practicing hard finally coming to fruition and yielding tangible improvement. I think the team overall has grown a lot and it bodes well for the future no matter how many of these players ultimately stick around.

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Dec 27, 2021 8:27 am

Let's not forget the Falcons were 0-5 at home coming into yesterday's game.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:01 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Mon Dec 27, 2021 8:27 am
Let's not forget the Falcons were 0-5 at home coming into yesterday's game.
There's a first time for everything. :razz

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Dec 27, 2021 2:39 pm

Here's a scary thought - the Pistons might wind up with a lower winning percentage than the Lions for the full season.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:29 am

<crickets>

:lol

Rejoice, tankniks, we're now guaranteed a top 2 draft pick.

- Sydney J. Harris

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:30 pm

I'm happy about that. :)

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Jan 04, 2022 1:57 am

Boyle is a recent version of Ty Detmer.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:05 pm

They can't even lose when we want them to.

The censorship king from out of state.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:55 pm

They got the #2 pick and it's hard not to be at least a little happy when the Lions defeat the Packers.

Besides, who woulda thought the Colts would lay a giant turd of a game against Jax? Colts might've just cost themselves a playoff berth!

In the NFL, usually the top few available players in the draft (sometimes deeper) are of similar quality.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:00 pm

My early expectation for next season:
7 or 8 regular season wins.

Realist

Post by Realist » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:13 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:55 pm
They got the #2 pick and it's hard not to be at least a little happy when the Lions defeat the Packers.

Besides, who woulda thought the Colts would lay a giant turd of a game against Jax? Colts might've just cost themselves a playoff berth!

In the NFL, usually the top few available players in the draft (sometimes deeper) are of similar quality.
Friends of mine that are Packer fans are just tripping over themselves with excuses about the Packers loss to Lions - “you beat our 3rd string”, “you can’t be serious that you’re happy about your season and this win”, “we have 13 championships”! Etc. Whiners 🤣🤣🤣….

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:42 am

Let the Jags worry about who's better, Hutchinson or Thibodeaux. Either way we'll be getting a "player". Jax may even opt for OT Evan Neal of Alabama leaving that choice up to us; that's becoming a popular scenario among current mock drafts. Hell, depending on if they re-sign Tracy Walker, we may even try to trade down for a shot at the Notre Dame 6'-4" safety Kyle Hamilton who is supposed to be a superior athlete. Many possibilities here.

Just win, baby! :hat

In other NFL news:
Will the real Matt Stafford please stand up? :razz

- Sydney J. Harris

SoutheastMIViewer

Post by SoutheastMIViewer » Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:21 pm

Another last place finish in the division for the Lions. Looks like somethings never change.
I predict next season Lions are in same position in the division.

If you don’t have a mask covering your exhaust pipe on the car, you are not trying to stop global warming by preventing the harmful emission particles from spraying out!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:07 am

The coach of the L.A. Chargers is the biggest moron in the NFL. WTH was he thinking calling that timeout in OT as the clock was winding down? Looked like the Raiders were possibly going to allow the clock to expire without running another play.

Campbell expectedly - and wisely - fired his OC yesterday. Lions offense has shown signs of life since Campbell took over play calling. Smart move on his part.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic