Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

36.x subchannels all Scripps diginets

A place to go for those of you who wish to discuss happenings in OH, IN, IL, WI, and Ontario. OSU sucks, by the way.
Deleted User 15062

36.x subchannels all Scripps diginets

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:38 am

In Toiletto DMA tonight watching the antenna. Has anyone ever wondered why WUPW had ALL Katz/E. W. Scripps subchannels? This strikes me as odd. Could there soon be a Scripps station in the DMA? Remember 13abc did a "friendly" deal with ABC before the O&O agreement.

Just a thought. Could be nothing. However, it is strange.

WOHO

Re: 36.x subchannels all Scripps diginets

Post by WOHO » Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:41 pm

Teddy, you thinking WTOL could spin-off WUPW to the Scripps boys for some quick cash? IF they could have sold the WUPW tower for big bucks, I would have figured WTOL would have taken the FCC's cash to dump the WUPW RF signal and relocated the WUPW FOX programming as a subchannel of WTOL?

Also, if you ate some 3 day old chicken and need to induce vomiting, tune into WNWO. Those jacktards have a 'billboard' slide that states that "We are stupid and got hit by ransomware. We are giving the ransomware people free publicity with this notice. We also can't air any local commercials or most syndicated programming...we suck...and we know it, Love, Sinclair Broadcasting". I should post a frame of it. Also there is no audio for 90 seconds, so my fricken automatic soundbar speaker shuts down due to lack of audio. At least when WNWO f's-up SNL, they show the Peacock and there's an NBC ding every 30 seconds or less so I don't lose my audio.

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:01 am

WOHO wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:41 pm
Teddy, you thinking WTOL could spin-off WUPW to the Scripps boys for some quick cash? IF they could have sold the WUPW tower for big bucks, I would have figured WTOL would have taken the FCC's cash to dump the WUPW RF signal and relocated the WUPW FOX programming as a subchannel of WTOL?

Also, if you ate some 3 day old chicken and need to induce vomiting, tune into WNWO. Those jacktards have a 'billboard' slide that states that "We are stupid and got hit by ransomware. We are giving the ransomware people free publicity with this notice. We also can't air any local commercials or most syndicated programming...we suck...and we know it, Love, Sinclair Broadcasting". I should post a frame of it. Also there is no audio for 90 seconds, so my fricken automatic soundbar speaker shuts down due to lack of audio. At least when WNWO f's-up SNL, they show the Peacock and there's an NBC ding every 30 seconds or less so I don't lose my audio.
When did Tegna buy WUPW? Did not see anything on it. Last I saw, it was still American Spirit. Tegna Toiletto only runs the mechanics, with WUPW having it's own separate GM at Tegna Toiletto.

But I am wondering if the station is being looked at by Scripps.

rugratsonline

Post by rugratsonline » Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:43 pm

TeddyBear wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:01 am
WOHO wrote:
Teddy, you thinking WTOL could spin-off WUPW to the Scripps boys for some quick cash?

Also... tune into WNWO. Those jacktards have a 'billboard' slide that states that "We are stupid and got hit by ransomware. We are giving the ransomware people free publicity with this notice. We also can't air any local commercials or most syndicated programming...we suck...and we know it, Love, Sinclair Broadcasting".
But I am wondering if [WUPW] is being looked at by Scripps.
Any bets that by the 2022-2023 TV season that the major networks in Toledo will once again be concentrated on two stations -- WTOL and WTVG? (The last time was in 1966, prior to the sign-on of WDHO (WNWO).) Based on speculation, this is if Scripps acquires WUPW, as well as Sinclair's ransomware shenannigans (which is almost a month old by this point) costing WNWO its NBC affiliation, its syndication contracts and ad revenue.

CurlyHoward

Post by CurlyHoward » Wed Nov 03, 2021 4:54 am

rugratsonline wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:43 pm
TeddyBear wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:01 am
WOHO wrote:
Teddy, you thinking WTOL could spin-off WUPW to the Scripps boys for some quick cash?

Also... tune into WNWO. Those jacktards have a 'billboard' slide that states that "We are stupid and got hit by ransomware. We are giving the ransomware people free publicity with this notice. We also can't air any local commercials or most syndicated programming...we suck...and we know it, Love, Sinclair Broadcasting".
But I am wondering if [WUPW] is being looked at by Scripps.
Any bets that by the 2022-2023 TV season that the major networks in Toledo will once again be concentrated on two stations -- WTOL and WTVG? (The last time was in 1966, prior to the sign-on of WDHO (WNWO).) Based on speculation, this is if Scripps acquires WUPW, as well as Sinclair's ransomware shenannigans (which is almost a month old by this point) costing WNWO its NBC affiliation, its syndication contracts and ad revenue.
Sure, I'll gladly take that action. WUPW would be worthless without either Fox or its own local news. Not a lot of money in showing Steve Wilkos and Young Sheldon reruns to the Hill and Nebraska avenue trailer park trash. also, why would they jerk the affiliation away just because of Scripps buying it even assuming that happens? Scripps owns the Fox station in Salt Lake City.

and as I've stated before I doubt NBC gives a shit about a market this small, in fact they might welcome driving more subscriptions to Peacock because of SSinclair's follies.

Death, taxes and posters here playing fantasy radio and TV with the Toledo market.

innate-in-you

Post by innate-in-you » Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:23 am

WOHO wrote:

Perhaps they're a station of "Out of synclair?"

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:11 am

From what I am seeing... they are run by WTOL, not owned... LMA. However, they are not nearly as bad as "WNWO Toiletto (Activate Windows. To activate windows go to settings)." Fox 36 at least runs spots, not a 2:00 local billboard graphic saying the show will return. WNWO is as much of a joke as 48.

CurlyHoward

Post by CurlyHoward » Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:28 pm

Speaking of that, 24 seems to have retired the "sorry we got hacked, technical difficulties" slide every commercial break, but last night they missed the outro of SNL by playing the same commercials twice. Baby steps, SSinclair, baby steps..

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:35 am

CurlyHoward wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:28 pm
Speaking of that, 24 seems to have retired the "sorry we got hacked, technical difficulties" slide every commercial break, but last night they missed the outro of SNL by playing the same commercials twice. Baby steps, SSinclair, baby steps..
Let this be a lesson... ALWAYS have parallel/backup servers on standby. Never connect them, under any circumstances. Make sure they both have separate update modems. Paying for separate lines will pay off. Update the backup, then keep it offline!

Not 1 Toiletto company took heed to this sage advice.

You can only cut 4 corners. WNWO appears to have cut 3 of them already. Last corner to cut is recorded AI news anchors and reporters... kinda like "nude news" does.

At least WUPW switches in Toiletto. We cannot say that Elkart (WNWO) is Toiletto.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic