Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Frank Turner

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
Deleted User 15555

Re: Frank Turner

Post by Deleted User 15555 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:19 pm

smallwonder wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:13 pm
The bigger question is which employee ratted him out to Ken and Jayne?
Frank was not shy about not wanting to share a studio. There was no ratting him out. If you watched the noon newscast the weather department did weather from the alternate studio so he could be alone and he anchored separately in the evening, so his coworkers seemed to have handled it fine.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:36 am

Realist wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:38 pm
I’m guessing that’s why, in part. Lia Kimona left this week. The rats are bailing from your rudderless ship…
You make it a chore to see what these women look like 😉.
It's Karmana, not Kimona.
And it's Hardmon, not Hartman.

Luke

Post by Luke » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:16 pm

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:36 am
Realist wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:38 pm
I’m guessing that’s why, in part. Lia Kimona left this week. The rats are bailing from your rudderless ship…
You make it a chore to see what these women look like 😉.
It's Karmana, not Kimona.
And it's Hardmon, not Hartman.
Try again. It's "Kamana," not "Karmana."

smallwonder

Post by smallwonder » Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:20 am

Are they hoping that he is coming back or is it pure laziness? They're still showing him in all of the promotional materials.

turn up the radio! mighty in might!

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:18 am

Luke wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:16 pm
Try again. It's "Kamana," not "Karmana."
Doggone. I checked twice to make sure I was spelling Hardmon right.

DAC

Post by DAC » Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:16 am

TC Shuts Up wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:55 am
I personally find Ms. Ciccone calling herself "Madonna" to be sacrilegious. People now associate the Mother of Jesus with this woman given to "Histrionic Personality Disorder". Look it up.

I distinctly remember that it was 1983 when Madonna Ciccone emerged. I had a client in Rochester who had come in to the business I worked at at the time, early in 1983. No one knew who Ms. Ciccone was. I asked Anthony if he was related to another rocker, the now late Don Ciccone, who formed The Critters. He kind of hesitated, and denied it, but some say it's a second cousin. So I knew it was after that, or I would probably have asked about "Madge". I called his name as "Tony Ciccone", and he corrected me that I should only call him Anthony, and that I had mispronounced his last name. We all know his story. We had the address and phone number on file, and the newspapers soon reported some of the identifiable details later that year. He called the business a few times after that and one of the staff asked if he was related to "Madge". He denied it, even though he had the same address and phone number as "Madge". I prefer Madge to calling her a sacrilegious name.
Is this as "sacrilegious" as naming girls "Mary?" The nerve of such people.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic