Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

A GOP blueprint emerges - time to tell Trump to pound sand

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Bryce

Re: A GOP blueprint emerges - time to tell Trump to pound sand

Post by Bryce » Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:26 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:13 pm

How's life rooting for second place?
I'm not worried or rooting for anything but the health and wellbeing of our Country. A few more months of Biden, Pelosi and Schumer policy and we'll all be wishing we had a Dr. with the last name of Anderson. At least we'd be prepared for the ass fucking we're about to get.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:28 pm

Bryce wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:26 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:13 pm

How's life rooting for second place?
I'm not worried or rooting for anything but the health and wellbeing of our Country. A few more months of Biden, Pelosi and Schumer policy and we'll all be wishing we had a Dr. with the last name of Anderson. At least we'd be prepared for the ass fucking we're about to get.
If you think Trump it's going to save America I wish you luck.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:31 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:28 pm

If you think Trump it's going to save America I wish you luck.
I'm not as certain Donald John Trump can save America at this point as I am that Biden and company can destroy it.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:37 am

I know one thing - it isn't good for our country that over half of all Republicans genuinely believe that Trump won the election and had it stolen from him.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:43 am

bmw wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:37 am
I know one thing - it isn't good for our country that over half of all Republicans genuinely believe that Trump won the election and had it stolen from him.
100%.
The censorship king from out of state.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:26 am

I would love a third party to form populated by the likes of Ben Sasse, Paul Mitchell, Pete Meijer, John Bolton, John Cornyn, Fred Upton. Jeff Flake, Mitt Romney, and Liz Cheney.

If that were to occur - I'd renounce my GOP affiliation in a heartbeat.

A bunch of mouth breathing Trump worshippers are ruining the Republican party. Maybe if Trump didn't act like a total ass in the first debate, he'd still be President today.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:00 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:26 am
I would love a third party to form populated by the likes of Ben Sasse, Paul Mitchell, Pete Meijer, John Bolton, John Cornyn, Fred Upton. Jeff Flake, Mitt Romney, and Liz Cheney.

If that were to occur - I'd renounce my GOP affiliation in a heartbeat.

A bunch of mouth breathing Trump worshippers are ruining the Republican party. Maybe if Trump didn't act like a total ass in the first debate, he'd still be President today.
John Bolton? Jeff Flake? HARD pass. The others are fine.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:03 am

I can understand your dislike of Mr. Bolton. Your antipathy toward Mr. Flake is a little surprising, however.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:08 am

Great Moments in Presidentship:
In 2019 Donald Trump becomes the first sitting US President to visit the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (North Korea).
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:25 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:03 am
I can understand your dislike of Mr. Bolton. Your antipathy toward Mr. Flake is a little surprising, however.
Flake's actions in the Kavanaugh FBI matter are disqualifying.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:21 am

Under your own logic, your dissent of Donald Trump disqualifies your opinion here.

This is where blind faith in an idiot leads to failure in the "lockstep" GOP. None of the names being floated have enough brand strength to beat an incumbent with no significant leadership failures.
― Noam Chomsky

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:54 am

The republicans splitting into 2 parties would seal the fate of our country - that of one run exclusively by Democrats for decades to come.

No thanks.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:08 am

bmw wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:54 am
The republicans splitting into 2 parties would seal the fate of our country - that of one run exclusively by Democrats for decades to come.

No thanks.
I agree with beemer completely again. Republicans have to somehow phase Trump out, with out him creating a firestorm while he exits.....and therein lies the rub. Unless he goes to the great beyond, the GOP is in a heap of trouble. I can see the Republicans regaining the House and Senate in 2022, but unless Trump is out of the picture, they won't get the White House back soon.

However, do not underestimate the possibility of the Democrats doing the work to sabotage themselves. Some of the fools in the progressive wing, the uncertainty of Biden's health, etc. Seems like no party really wins elections any more, one of them loses it.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:16 am

Trump is going to have to leave on his own terms - it may simply be a matter of deciding not to run in 2024 (which I personally am NOT convinced that he intends to run). If his followers feel he was forced out, that will have nearly the same outcome as would splitting the party in half. Or if Trump does decide to run in 2024, he needs to figure out a way to get past 2020 and not make that a focal point of his rallies.

At the end of the day though, this isn't really about Trump. It is about all of his voters, and in particular, the 50 million or so Americans who believe the election was stolen. I don't know how you convince those people otherwise. I have a few of them in my family, and there's just no convincing them through logic or reason that Biden won fair and square. Believe me, I've tried. And these are people who are generally rational on other things. But they've convinced themselves as a factual matter that voter fraud was so widespread as to affect the outcome of the election.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:38 am

bmw wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:16 am
Trump is going to have to leave on his own terms - it may simply be a matter of deciding not to run in 2024 (which I personally am NOT convinced that he intends to run). If his followers feel he was forced out, that will have nearly the same outcome as would splitting the party in half. Or if Trump does decide to run in 2024, he needs to figure out a way to get past 2020 and not make that a focal point of his rallies.

At the end of the day though, this isn't really about Trump. It is about all of his voters, and in particular, the 50 million or so Americans who believe the election was stolen. I don't know how you convince those people otherwise. I have a few of them in my family, and there's just no convincing them through logic or reason that Biden won fair and square. Believe me, I've tried. And these are people who are generally rational on other things. But they've convinced themselves as a factual matter that voter fraud was so widespread as to affect the outcome of the election.
The fact that the number is that high is what is so disconcerting about this. It's not just a small offshoot of conspiracy driven Q-Anon loons.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic