Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

The Zone is back

A place to go for those of you who wish to discuss happenings in OH, IN, IL, WI, and Ontario. OSU sucks, by the way.
fuzzpower

Re: The Zone is back

Post by fuzzpower » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:20 am

Audio doesn’t sound right. It was odd hearing a short news commentary on a rock station.

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:58 am

fuzzpower wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:20 am
Audio doesn’t sound right. It was odd hearing a short news commentary on a rock station.
Was it maybe because of a contracted element? Those must run the duration of a contract, no matter the format. And besides.... Toledo is definitely more right wing, so it almost fits. As a double minority, I can say that I do not fit in there. Been shown that, even within radio station walls. It's pretty MAGA there.

Guys, the solution is to call Engineer Rick at 419-725-5730. It does not forward to his cell phone, like Keith's, Dave's and Kevin's did. Leave him a message. Kvetching isn't solving the audio problem.

By the way, if it still is not solved, call Keith Bosworth at WJR. I hear he is very good with audio issues. But call Rick first.

CurlyHoward

Post by CurlyHoward » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:33 pm

Yeah everywhere that isn't Castro St. in San Francisco is MAGAville.

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:13 pm

CurlyHoward wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:33 pm
Yeah everywhere that isn't Castro St. in San Francisco is MAGAville.
I disagree. Columbus, OH is a great example. Cincinnati, Cleveland, Ann Arbor/Ypsi... lots of places are not MAGA, like Toiletto, OH is.

Myron Falwell

Post by Myron Falwell » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:25 am

TeddyBear wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:51 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:58 am
As I'm typing this - the station is airing a Polka music show. Brokered time - obviously. Funny stuff!!!
I'm not in the area to hear it myself, but am told Polka Party's Sharon Zablocki is not there too often anymore and RJ is doing the show most times. Shocked that's still on. When I'm back in T-Town, I'll have to take a listen, since I could not get a stream of 100.7. That show used to be a nice attempt to be local. Now it's gotten too cheap to air, and the demo is too small for any ratings. Then add in the historical host's not being on anymore, for various reasons.

FYI... Sharon must sell her own show slots. If she is too Ill to go to Toledo from Techumpseh, maybe that's the time to declare the show's time of death.
I doubt that Sharon has to physically go out and sell spots for the show, especially if the vast majority of her existing clients have committed to Polka Party for decades.

There used to be a German hour on WDLW/1380 Lorain whose host lived near Chardon and commuted to their Oberlin studios every Sunday, even at his advanced age (he was in his early-mid 80s at that time). Eventually his ailing health and the ridiculously long commute doomed the show. But he had a decent list of ads that ran every week, regardless.

I have no need for Boring McGraphics, tyvm

Deleted User 14990

Post by Deleted User 14990 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:46 pm

Audio sounds much better. I see they had a live broadcast out at Yark Nissan, people are probably just starting to notice the zone is back.

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:46 pm

Myron Falwell wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:25 am
TeddyBear wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:51 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:58 am
As I'm typing this - the station is airing a Polka music show. Brokered time - obviously. Funny stuff!!!
I'm not in the area to hear it myself, but am told Polka Party's Sharon Zablocki is not there too often anymore and RJ is doing the show most times. Shocked that's still on. When I'm back in T-Town, I'll have to take a listen, since I could not get a stream of 100.7. That show used to be a nice attempt to be local. Now it's gotten too cheap to air, and the demo is too small for any ratings. Then add in the historical host's not being on anymore, for various reasons.

FYI... Sharon must sell her own show slots. If she is too Ill to go to Toledo from Techumpseh, maybe that's the time to declare the show's time of death.
I doubt that Sharon has to physically go out and sell spots for the show, especially if the vast majority of her existing clients have committed to Polka Party for decades.

There used to be a German hour on WDLW/1380 Lorain whose host lived near Chardon and commuted to their Oberlin studios every Sunday, even at his advanced age (he was in his early-mid 80s at that time). Eventually his ailing health and the ridiculously long commute doomed the show. But he had a decent list of ads that ran every week, regardless.
Cumulus only does 1 year contracts, maximum. Debbie C told her she needs to sell every year, in October.

Deleted User 15502

Post by Deleted User 15502 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:08 am

Is Peapod out? I see he's not listed on the website anymore.

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:08 pm

Heathcliff wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:08 am
This could be a sign that the station may be flipping soon, so they're just having Pyke do mornings until the station finally flips.

WOHO

Post by WOHO » Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:36 am

Your listen at work station Star/Magic 1055. WWWM-FM 3WM? Mellow stuff we stopped playing on 93.5 but want to squash iHeart and Piss-off (in?) the River 1015?
Or is everyone at Cumulus running so scared that they are afraid to take any leaps of faith with a JACK-FM station or anything that bold, short of a 6th country format?

CurlyHoward

Post by CurlyHoward » Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:06 am

WOHO wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:36 am
Your listen at work station Star/Magic 1055. WWWM-FM 3WM? Mellow stuff we stopped playing on 93.5 but want to squash iHeart and Piss-off (in?) the River 1015?
Or is everyone at Cumulus running so scared that they are afraid to take any leaps of faith with a JACK-FM station or anything that bold, short of a 6th country format?
I'm not sure what exactly this brain stew is supposed to mean regarding 100.7, but we've pretty much concluded that if 100.7 flips it'll be the Ticket switching to 100.7 once 106.5 transitions to being the 419's 7000th Christian station.

WOHO

Post by WOHO » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:22 am

Interesting that Christian radio stations are sucking-up most radio stations, translators, and allotments these days when I just read a recent poll showing that less than half the country affiliates itself with religion anymore; strange and almost conflicting statistics.

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:37 am

Not only that... Why is any entity buying frequencies, when FM is being overtaken by other media venues, ie., Streaming and satellite radio? Plus with MP3 and even records coming back, it does not male sense to buy amy frequency. But- Christian/religious (so called "educational") groups are 50 yrs behind. Ask the pope.

CurlyHoward

Post by CurlyHoward » Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:45 pm

Hell, the God squad still uses shortwave and that was pretty much dead when the Cold War ended and cremated when internet connections became fast enough for audio streaming.

Chrocket87

Post by Chrocket87 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:40 pm

Heathcliff wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:08 am
He left radio. Last show was this past Friday.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic