All accepted new registrations through 11:59p ET on October 3 have been activated. Accepted new registrations in the queue are activated on a weekly basis each Saturday. Terms of use are available here: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/ucp.php?mode=terms

Thank you!

OMG...the new TV5 promo..

Discussion pertaining to Flint, Saginaw, Bay City, Midland, Mt. Pleasant, and Michigan's thumb region.
Firstandlastpost
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:27 pm

OMG...the new TV5 promo..

Unread post by Firstandlastpost »

The new TV5, WNEM promo looks like a NCIS commercial...
I think it’s terrible.
Realist
Posts: 1476
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:36 pm
Location: Northern Michigan

Re: OMG...the new TV5 promo..

Unread post by Realist »

I initially wondered WTF you were talking about.

But I just saw it at the beginning of the halftime of the Super Bowl.

A “Count on me” song in the background as all their anchors turn / swivel like the beginning of some whacky TV show intro. What the hell is this trying to say?

Completely embarrassing and horrible. Whoever green lighted this horrible promo should change jobs as they aren’t suited for TV broadcasting
RELEASE THE EPSTEIN FILES!!!

Everything else from the felon is a distraction
Firstandlastpost
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:27 pm

Re: OMG...the new TV5 promo..

Unread post by Firstandlastpost »

Realist wrote: ↑Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:29 pm I initially wondered WTF you were talking about.

But I just saw it at the beginning of the halftime of the Super Bowl.

A “Count on me” song in the background as all their anchors turn / swivel like the beginning of some whacky TV show intro. What the hell is this trying to say?

Completely embarrassing and horrible. Whoever green lighted this horrible promo should change jobs as they aren’t suited for TV broadcasting
Thank you. My thoughts exactly.
GossipGirlXOXO
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:37 pm

Re: OMG...the new TV5 promo..

Unread post by GossipGirlXOXO »

Oddly enough, I liked it. 🤷‍♀️ I can’t remember ever noticing a news commercial, let alone one during a Super Bowl. Good or bad it did its job because we are talking about it.
JRBlitz
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 2:32 am
Contact:

Re: OMG...the new TV5 promo..

Unread post by JRBlitz »

You can't blame Mike Terry on this one. Does anyone know what this was promoting? Custer did demand to be the last one featured, so now he loves it. Unfortunately, there will be more like this coming from Phoenix. It does easily hide how sub-par the newscast has become. Sports is still considered expendable.
Realist
Posts: 1476
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:36 pm
Location: Northern Michigan

Re: OMG...the new TV5 promo..

Unread post by Realist »

JRBlitz wrote: ↑Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:56 am You can't blame Mike Terry on this one. Does anyone know what this was promoting? Custer did demand to be the last one featured, so now he loves it. Unfortunately, there will be more like this coming from Phoenix. It does easily hide how sub-par the newscast has become. Sports is still considered expendable.
Not surprising that this apparent egotistical narcissist demanded this. When is Custer’s contract up? Sure hope the soon to be new owners get rid of him
RELEASE THE EPSTEIN FILES!!!

Everything else from the felon is a distraction
Realist
Posts: 1476
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:36 pm
Location: Northern Michigan

Re: OMG...the new TV5 promo..

Unread post by Realist »

And now they’re using brief snippets of this new promo I.e. Meg McLeod, weeknights on TV5 for their top of the hour station ID.

It feels like a sci-fi movie promo. Really creepy
RELEASE THE EPSTEIN FILES!!!

Everything else from the felon is a distraction
User avatar
Lester The Nightfly
Posts: 1956
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:19 pm

Re: OMG...the new TV5 promo..

Unread post by Lester The Nightfly »

Firstandlastpost wrote: ↑Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:00 pm The new TV5, WNEM promo looks like a NCIS commercial...
I think it’s terrible.
I may be wrong but I believe this is a Meredith Broadcasting corporate package rolled out across all of their holdings. KPHO-Phoenix unveiled an odd, to say the least, news promo piece during Super Bowl as well. What y'all are seeing sounds a lot like what we were been subjected to as well. Artsy & Creepy all at once.
Firstandlastpost
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:27 pm

Re: OMG...the new TV5 promo..

Unread post by Firstandlastpost »

Lester The Nightfly wrote: ↑Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:54 pm
Firstandlastpost wrote: ↑Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:00 pm The new TV5, WNEM promo looks like a NCIS commercial...
I think it’s terrible.
I may be wrong but I believe this is a Meredith Broadcasting corporate package rolled out across all of their holdings. KPHO-Phoenix unveiled an odd, to say the least, news promo piece during Super Bowl as well. What y'all are seeing sounds a lot like what we were been subjected to as well. Artsy & Creepy all at once.
Ya, I figured it was a Meredith thing. It still really bugs me to no end.

I have sent an email to both WNEM and Meredith.
I don’t expect a reply. WNEM never answers my emails... :?
MasterB
Posts: 1599
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:59 pm
Location: Kalamazoo

Re: OMG...the new TV5 promo..

Unread post by MasterB »

I saw one of those promos on FTVLive a few hours ago that was money wasted by Meredith when they have been laying off 200+ nationwide surprised it never came to WNEM in Flint.
Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.
matt1
Posts: 3983
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:53 pm

Re: OMG...the new TV5 promo..

Unread post by matt1 »

A glimpse of the WNEM anchors!!
bobhuge
Posts: 110
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:03 pm
Location: The Thumb
Contact:

Re: OMG...the new TV5 promo..

Unread post by bobhuge »

Any links to view it? Or will it just fade?
Realist
Posts: 1476
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:36 pm
Location: Northern Michigan

Re: OMG...the new TV5 promo..

Unread post by Realist »

bobhuge wrote: ↑Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:46 pm Any links to view it? Or will it just fade?
You really don’t want to see it as it’s such a farce.
RELEASE THE EPSTEIN FILES!!!

Everything else from the felon is a distraction
bobhuge
Posts: 110
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:03 pm
Location: The Thumb
Contact:

Re: OMG...the new TV5 promo..

Unread post by bobhuge »

Realist wrote: ↑Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:48 pm
bobhuge wrote: ↑Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:46 pm Any links to view it? Or will it just fade?
You really don’t want to see it as it’s such a farce.
Lol....I saw it that night and couldn't believe it, so I wasn't really sure 100% what I saw 😆
User avatar
Bryce
Posts: 7178
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:04 pm

Re: OMG...the new TV5 promo..

Unread post by Bryce »

Firstandlastpost wrote: ↑Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:12 pm [
WNEM never answers my emails... :?
But they may have filed a PPO.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.
Post Reply