Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 3 at 6:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Do they realize what they've done?

Hey, some of us like to talk about happenings in other areas of the country, too. Here's the place to do it.
Mark Schirripa
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:26 pm

Do they realize what they've done?

Post by Mark Schirripa » Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:51 pm

I was just wondering if I'm the only one who wonders if certain members of the national news media wonder what their bias reporting has done to the journalism business.



User avatar
mars
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:35 am
Location: Traverse City

Re: Do they realize what they've done?

Post by mars » Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:48 pm

Of course they don't know, otherwise they wouldn't do it. Also think of how they perpetuate race problems. They report that black people did this or that, yet they preach to us that we should be color blind. We could be done with racism by now if they would let it go. I'll skip comments on politics, or we will be here all day.



Mark Schirripa
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:26 pm

Re: Do they realize what they've done?

Post by Mark Schirripa » Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:37 pm

"They report that black people did this or that,..." Can you develop that?



n8fnr
Posts: 43
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:38 am

Re: Do they realize what they've done?

Post by n8fnr » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:51 pm

You mean like Fox saying that Obama is going to confiscate every ones guns? Or that Covis-19 is a Democratic hoax?



User avatar
TeddyBear
Posts: 578
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:40 pm

Re: Do they realize what they've done?

Post by TeddyBear » Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:59 pm

They flat out don't care. It's a numbers game only. Numbers makes another kind of numbers. Currently, nobody sticks out. Everyone is left or right, no matter what they claim. Even the pre-recorded Newsy slants left.

News production and broadcast is a moral-less fruit. Morals and thinking about effects on society, much less ACTUAL accuracy (example: 6 people... or is it 8 people dies of Covid per minute in LA County) are not even a thought. Nobody actually showed us proof of any statistic. The actual number is not the issue. The not knowing and not showing the official stats is.

Short answer: Has not crossed anyone's mind. Money had.


Something to think about- Just because I point out that you cannot do your job properly and appropriately, does not mean that anyone is calling you a bad person. However, you tell the world that you are a bad person by denying that you cannot do your job.

User avatar
TC Talks
Posts: 5022
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:41 am

Re: Do they realize what they've done?

Post by TC Talks » Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:34 pm

So what's the perfect news operation? It's easy to criticize what exists. What are you actually looking for?


© 2021 TC Talks Global Inc. All Rights Reserved. By reading my content you agree to my privacy policy and except my terms of usage.

User avatar
TeddyBear
Posts: 578
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:40 pm

Re: Do they realize what they've done?

Post by TeddyBear » Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:56 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:34 pm
So what's the perfect news operation? It's easy to criticize what exists. What are you actually looking for?
If you are asking me... Fact only news, backed up with duplicative proof, from credible sources. All persons should be able to duplicate the facts as they are. No guests spouting any opinions. Being the actual "No Spin Zone," and not just saying it. Like I said, Newsy still influences, yet says they don't. News also needs to cut off what is termed as "breaking news" that is 4-12 hrs old. And news needs to be live 24 hrs, without soap operas, cartoons, game shows, infomercials, movies and documentaries. A news station/network should be fresh news only, 24 hrs a day/7 days a week- even holidays.


Something to think about- Just because I point out that you cannot do your job properly and appropriately, does not mean that anyone is calling you a bad person. However, you tell the world that you are a bad person by denying that you cannot do your job.

User avatar
TC Talks
Posts: 5022
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:41 am

Re: Do they realize what they've done?

Post by TC Talks » Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:03 pm

TeddyBear wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:56 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:34 pm
So what's the perfect news operation? It's easy to criticize what exists. What are you actually looking for?
If you are asking me... Fact only news, backed up with duplicative proof, from credible sources. All persons should be able to duplicate the facts as they are. No guests spouting any opinions. Being the actual "No Spin Zone," and not just saying it. Like I said, Newsy still influences, yet says they don't. News also needs to cut off what is termed as "breaking news" that is 4-12 hrs old. And news needs to be live 24 hrs, without soap operas, cartoons, game shows, infomercials, movies and documentaries. A news station/network should be fresh news only, 24 hrs a day/7 days a week- even holidays.
NPR and The New York Times do this all the time. They are smeared constantly.

How would you find such an operation?

Fox, CNN and other define themselves as entertainment not news organizations.


© 2021 TC Talks Global Inc. All Rights Reserved. By reading my content you agree to my privacy policy and except my terms of usage.

User avatar
TeddyBear
Posts: 578
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:40 pm

Re: Do they realize what they've done?

Post by TeddyBear » Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:54 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:03 pm
TeddyBear wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:56 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:34 pm
So what's the perfect news operation? It's easy to criticize what exists. What are you actually looking for?
If you are asking me... Fact only news, backed up with duplicative proof, from credible sources. All persons should be able to duplicate the facts as they are. No guests spouting any opinions. Being the actual "No Spin Zone," and not just saying it. Like I said, Newsy still influences, yet says they don't. News also needs to cut off what is termed as "breaking news" that is 4-12 hrs old. And news needs to be live 24 hrs, without soap operas, cartoons, game shows, infomercials, movies and documentaries. A news station/network should be fresh news only, 24 hrs a day/7 days a week- even holidays.
NPR and The New York Times do this all the time. They are smeared constantly.

How would you find such an operation?

Fox, CNN and other define themselves as entertainment...
NPR and the Times are both left. I can see why they are smeared. Let me decide what and how to believe.

And my point stands about duplicative facts and research. One network (entertainment or not) and other 1-sided channels kept telling us "Q" stood for "Antifa" at the Capitol. Not duplicative.

How to find?: Observe what is around you. Observe what everyone reports, within and outside of the country, who shows actual papers, interviews of persons directly involved, press conferences from involved people, shows ACTUAL press releases, direct links to the exact proof online, and is completely transparent. Only trash believes everything they see and hear from others. That is also the definition of gossip. Gossip, influence and opinion are even at the most local level- TV and newspaper. Now that you see it happening, turn away from it. Only get words from the horse's mouth- NOBODY ELSE. If your news media does not prove something was done or said (ie., "a source close says" is not proof), or they get opinions, you clearly are being influenced or tricked. Perhaps the easiest way to find it is to avoid what others don't prove, as it is an awful standard and current practice. You look at the sources, not the presenters, since nobody is willing to give the CREDIBLE sources with names, dates, positions, qualifications, videos, audio, and the like.

As for "entertainment," gossip and drama were always entertainment. Hell, there are even awards for that. But notice how none of the opinion networks ever win an Emmy (daytime or general) in any category?


Something to think about- Just because I point out that you cannot do your job properly and appropriately, does not mean that anyone is calling you a bad person. However, you tell the world that you are a bad person by denying that you cannot do your job.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic