Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Jeopardy

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
rugratsonline

Re: Jeopardy

Post by rugratsonline » Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:50 pm

The audience space for Jeopardy back in Hollywood is in much, much smaller quarters than this.

blizzard

Post by blizzard » Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:13 am

km1125 wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:53 pm
Is this a normal audience on Jeopardy?? I would have guessed maybe only a couple hundred!! This is pretty impressive!!

Could be NYC
:hat

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:55 pm

I think It's Washington D.C. They've done "Power Players" Week, before where journalists and politicians play.

sfpcc

Post by sfpcc » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:14 am

Did anyone see Ken Jennings makes his debut a guest host tonight? I thought he did a pretty good job. He''ll improve as he does more shows.

(I wonder if Wonder Woman, Hair, and Isotopes are going to be a thing?)

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:48 am

sfpcc wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:14 am
Did anyone see Ken Jennings makes his debut a guest host tonight? I thought he did a pretty good job. He''ll improve as he does more shows.
I also thought he did a fine job. I hope they stay with him.

Does anyone know if they are going to rotate thru some guest hosts before deciding who gets the gig? I've not yet seen anything official saying that. (I may of missed it of course). Just it being said on blogs like this.

sfpcc

Post by sfpcc » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:04 am

I also thought he did a fine job. I hope they stay with him.

Does anyone know if they are going to rotate thru some guest hosts before deciding who gets the gig? I've not yet seen anything official saying that. (I may of missed it of course). Just it being said on blogs like this.
[/quote]

I heard they taped some episodes with Katie Couric. At the beginning of last night's show Ken Jennings was announced as "Special Guest Host."

km1125

Post by km1125 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:29 am

I did see an article or an interview where they discussed "multiple guest hosts" for the first few weeks. No other names than Ken were mentioned though.

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:43 pm

Ken did a great job as host last night. He was very calm and collected, and did a great job during the contestant interviews. He talks slightly faster than Alex, but I didn't mind it at all.

JLesinski

Post by JLesinski » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:13 pm

Hes decent. Just slow it down a tad, relax and he'll be fine. One of the things that made Trebek so great was how smooth he was.

thekman

Post by thekman » Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:11 pm

radioandtventhusiast wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:43 pm
Ken did a great job as host last night. He was very calm and collected, and did a great job during the contestant interviews. He talks slightly faster than Alex, but I didn't mind it at all.
I agree, I thought he did quite well for his first time out the gate. I felt, at times, it sounded like he was trying to mimic Trebek’s cadence while reading clues. His monologue at the beginning, the tribute to Alex, was heartfelt and genuine. I know he’s been on TV a lot through the years now, but he still was never a formally trained broadcaster. Taking all that into consideration, I thought he was excellent. Just slow it down a little bit.

It has been announced that Katie Couric will guest host at some point. And today, of all people, Green Bay QB Aaron Rodgers announced he is guest-hosting.

I think most Jeopardy fans want KJ to take over. Not an outsider coming in and taking over. As long as he doesn’t shit the bed (which certainly does not appear likely), I figure it’ll be his job to lose.

WOHO

Post by WOHO » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:17 am

If you think about it, Ken Jennings already has about 50 hours of actual 'on-air' experience that others wouldn't yet have except Katie Couric. I hope that they give about 6 people each one week at the job. I'm still thinking LeVar Burton, Bob Costas and another sports play by play announcer would be good for the one-week tryouts.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:37 am

Since we no longer have Sean Connery around, perhaps they should also give a shot to Darrell Hammond or Will Ferrell!

sirrealone

Post by sirrealone » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:40 pm

WOHO wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:17 am
If you think about it, Ken Jennings already has about 50 hours of actual 'on-air' experience that others wouldn't yet have except Katie Couric. I hope that they give about 6 people each one week at the job. I'm still thinking LeVar Burton, Bob Costas and another sports play by play announcer would be good for the one-week tryouts.
I read somewhere that Ken Jennings filmed six weeks worth of episodes.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:16 pm

Jeopar who?

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

MichMash

Post by MichMash » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:22 pm

radioandtventhusiast wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:43 pm
You might think Ken talks fast, but I would submit that Ken's pace of speech is more similar to Alex's pace prior to his cancer diagnosis. Alex really slowed down in the last year due to age and his cancer treatments, which he stated publicly took a toll on his throat and voice. Compare older Alex episodes to his shows over the last year, and you'll notice in the recent shows that the players frequently don't "clear the board" of all the answers in each round. That's directly due to Alex slowing down.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic