Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Report: Rick Snyder to be indicted

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Report: Rick Snyder to be indicted

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:14 pm

Just reported by both the News and the Freep. In connection with Flint water.

Details are very limited right now.

Rich Baird and Nick Lyons will also reportedly be indicted. Recall that Lyons was previously indicted by Bill Schuette's office.

Bryce

Re: Report: Rick Snyder to be indicted

Post by Bryce » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:18 pm

...Attorney General Dana Nessel's office...
Politics much?

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:20 pm

I am going to withhold judgment until I am able to learn more.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:23 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:20 pm
I am going to withhold judgment until I am able to learn more.
Prudent. Unfortunately, my nose doesn't look like it does because I can keep my mouth shut.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:27 pm

Bryce wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:18 pm
...Attorney General Dana Nessel's office...
Politics much?
This.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:55 pm

I don't know about the politics part but I know prosecutors have ego's, they don't like to lose and aren't likely to bring a case they don't think they can win, as in convince 12 people to say guilty. Especially knowing the guy they are going to prosecute can afford a high priced top tier legal team.

I no longer directly engage trolls

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:29 pm

I am disappointed that Dennis Muchmore isn't on the list. More than Snyder, he was the person behind the entire plan.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:13 pm

I don't see Rick Snyder going to jail I always thought that Bill Schuette would've charged Snyder if there was a smoking gun just my opinion, Nick Lyons is the big fish I don't who this Dennis Muchmore is.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:01 pm

He's the slimey guy behind the curtain.
Dennis Muchmore is an experienced public policy professional with more than 40 years of experience in the legislative and regulatory process. He most recently served as chief of staff for the State of Michigan's Governor Rick Snyder.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:43 pm

I support this, but the timing is piss poor.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

ftballfan

Post by ftballfan » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:01 am

If anyone were to be indicted, it would be some of the Flint city officials that may or may not have diverted $$$ intended for replacing the water pipes to other uses

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:25 am

ftballfan wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:01 am
If anyone were to be indicted, it would be some of the Flint city officials that may or may not have diverted $$$ intended for replacing the water pipes to other uses
Well that, and the former FLINT administrations that failed to provide a useful and financial stable water program so they could have stayed on the DWSD system until the new system was built.

I don't doubt that Snyder and some of the other Lansing folks heard grumblings about problems long before they were made public, but you ALWAYS hear grumblings from cities like FLINT, so it's not unlike the old tale of the boy who cried wolf.

This move by Nessel is just more proof that the democrats are on a war path intent on destroying their opposition via "by any means necessary" and it won't bode good for the country or the state.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:29 pm

km1125 wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:25 am
ftballfan wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:01 am
Well that, and the former FLINT administrations that failed to provide a useful and financial stable water program so they could have stayed on the DWSD system until the new system was built.

I don't doubt that Snyder and some of the other Lansing folks heard grumblings about problems long before they were made public, but you ALWAYS hear grumblings from cities like FLINT, so it's not unlike the old tale of the boy who cried wolf.

This move by Nessel is just more proof that the democrats are on a war path intent on destroying their opposition via "by any means necessary" and it won't bode good for the country or the state.
Let’s see what exactly he’s being charged with first shall we?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:53 pm

This seems to be about the most concise timeline for the Flint water crisis. Curt Guyettes report is longer, but very concise...

https://www.michigancapitolconfidential.com/22088

― Noam Chomsky

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:20 pm

A good article from that great right-wing bastion: MOTHER JONES:

https://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/ ... and-flint/

Finally: Experts Explain the Truth About Lead and Flint
KEVIN DRUM

Someone with real expertise in the field of lead poisoning has finally worked up the courage to tell the truth in public about the lead in Flint’s water:

Words are toxic, too. Labeling Flint’s children as “poisoned,” as many journalists and activists have done since the city’s water was found to be contaminated with lead in 2014, unjustly stigmatizes their generation.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention now considers a blood lead level in children of 5 micrograms per deciliter and higher to be a “reference level.” This measure is intended to identify children at higher risk and set off communitywide prevention activities. It does not suggest that a child needs medical treatment. In fact, the C.D.C. recommends medical treatment only for blood lead levels at or above 45 micrograms per deciliter. Not a single child in Flint tested this high. This was a surprise for several visiting celebrities, who requested a visit to the “lead ward” of Hurley Children’s Hospital.

We found that levels did increase after the water switched over in 2014, but only by a modest 0.11 micrograms per deciliter. A similar increase of 0.12 micrograms per deciliter occurred randomly in 2010-11. It is not possible, statistically speaking, to distinguish the increase that occurred at the height of the contamination crisis from other random variations over the previous decade.

It is therefore unfair and inaccurate to point a finger at Flint and repeatedly use the word “poisoned.” All it does is terrify the parents and community members here who truly believe there may be a “generation lost” in this city, when there is no scientific evidence to support this conclusion.

(read the rest at the link---it's pretty good)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic