Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Scott Winters Joins Parler and asks others to follow

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
jesusjenny

Scott Winters Joins Parler and asks others to follow

Post by jesusjenny » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:19 pm

Uh - I'm no genius, but being a current member of the media and then going on your facebook page asking people to follow you on parler (which has been banned by apple, google and amazon) may not exactly be the best career move, let alone makes you look like a fool. Just my opinion. His facebook over the last few months has become more and more extreme and political. He does not appear well.

Learned years ago in this business - unless you're Limbaugh or Beck who makes a living out of inciting political hate speech - you should probably keep your trap shut. All to lose and little to gain.

TC Talks

Re: Scott Winters Joins Parler and asks others to follow

Post by TC Talks » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:28 pm

It was actually just shut down

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

G G

Post by G G » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:03 pm

jesusjenny wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:19 pm
Uh - I'm no genius, but being a current member of the media and then going on your facebook page asking people to follow you on parler (which has been banned by apple, google and amazon) may not exactly be the best career move, let alone makes you look like a fool. Just my opinion. His facebook over the last few months has become more and more extreme and political. He does not appear well.

Learned years ago in this business - unless you're Limbaugh or Beck who makes a living out of inciting political hate speech - you should probably keep your trap shut. All to lose and little to gain.
Hey how about you shut your trap. Scotty can post whatever he wants to on social media and he doesn't have to cowtow to you leftists who want to shut him down.

Donald Trump was and is the best president this country has ever had. And he will return to glory as our leader again.

G G

Post by G G » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:07 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:28 pm
It was actually just shut down
Still up for the time being and will be back soon. I've emailed John to offer him some assistance. You libs are gonna rue the day you began tampering with free speech. These services are quickly figuring out how to solve the problems caused by your deplatforming antics and soon, there won't be any dependence on AWS, Cloudflare, or other services. Then you won't have a leg to stand on when you try this in the future.

Donald Trump was and is the best president this country has ever had. And he will return to glory as our leader again.

jesusjenny

Post by jesusjenny » Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:34 pm

Dude. Thanks for turning this thread into a crazy political rant in a matter of a few hours - Just what we need more of. :barf I'm not advocating drug use but some medication or meditation would do you a world of good. You missed my point entirely. The point of this post was not a political screed (which you turned it into) but merely pointing out being a member of the media one may want to careful about what do and say (And ask others to do) in public. This would be true for any controversial organization. If he was promoting NAMBLA or Jews for Jesus would you have gone just as nuts? And congrats to you for "helping" Parler - feel better about yourself now?

G G

Post by G G » Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:46 pm

Only a lib could compare NAMbLA to Parler and not see the irrational nature of their argument.

The liberal is incapable of understanding the role of viable social media platforms that support free and open speech. Their tactics to delegitimize it are clear, but in its case, completely disgusting.

handbanana

Post by handbanana » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:20 am

Ah well, Rick always said Scott was an idiot. Turns out he was more than right and is likely disappointed in what Rick has become.

jesusjenny

Post by jesusjenny » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:32 am

I'm not a "Lib" or Liberal - whatever you think that is. Nice Try though. Thanks for missing my point (again) and continuing your political screed. The original point of this thread was about media personalities taking hyper-political positions - for better or worse. Can we stay on topic about broadcasting/radio please?

Reese K Rickards

Post by Reese K Rickards » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:47 pm

I have known Scott for at least twenty years. I have never known him to take a radical political position,

This is why several weeks ago i asked people to "Man Up' and admit their true identities. who ever Jesus Jenny is has suggested Scott is somehow affiliated with the Trumpanzees who stormed the capital last week. I wrote Scott last night and he told me,

"'My post just said: "For those who may be jumping over to Parler, I'm on there as well. Look for me @ScottWinters." I made a similar post back when I joined Instagram, Snapchat, MeWe, and Twitter and no one had any issue with that! Also, if one looks into my profile, I joined Parler months ago and haven't really even used it, but just wanted to see what it was all about. Shame on me for wanting to be informed and up-to-date with new additions to social media."

Perhaps Jesus Jenny needs a refresher course on McCarthyism?

If I Heart GR really wanted to save money, it would sublet two of it's three floors at 77 Monroe Center.

jesusjenny

Post by jesusjenny » Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:40 pm

So if I join the Nazi Party or the KKK to "Observe the latest in social happenings" - no one would have no problem with that as I might just be "getting a taste" and seeing what's out there? I'm not saying Scott is a terrible person or even believes in all what's on there - but the OPTICS would certainly imply that anyone who joins a social media platforms that have literally just been banned by several privately held companies because of their content isn't just doing it for Fun or Curiousity. Whether or not he believes in all of that or not isn't the point - the point is it LOOKS like he does, and as a member or the media I would imagine he will be looked at under a different microscope - which in this case he has. He knows that as does any member of the media. I can't speak for Scott, but did he put that up expecting people just to ignore it or applaud it? He knew it was controversial. People are talking about it, paying attention to it and sharing their thoughts because Scott is more known.

So what if I said:

Hey Everyone - there is a KKK Rally on Thursday - I'm not inviting you - but Look for me if you are coming!

how's is that not an invite?

Peace!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:03 pm

Hey Reese,

I worked with Scott back in the late 80s and into the 90s. So I got you beat by about 10 years. Back then he was just a happy-go-lucky broadcasting sidekick for Rick who certainly had a cloud of racist friends from his home town. But even so, things have certainly changed for hot talk hosts haven't they?

Parler has absolutely no purpose but to provide a social platform for white supremacists and Nazis. That's why it was developed. So either Scott is completely naive or he's trying to harness the favor of people in Greenville and Ottawa County who are the white supremacist types.

Remember Glenn Beck? He was thrown off radio...
Here he was 20 years ago...
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AJkxBLgd5Hs

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

tannersboat

Post by tannersboat » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:49 am

Scott's facebook posts have become increasingly slanted over the past year. I quietly unfriended during his latest rant about news coverage during the insurrection. Apparently an anchor was being 'mean' in discussing the rioters.

Also using parler is an obvious dog whistle to the Proud Boys crowd, that's why it was pulled from app stores and it's servers were taken offline for TOS violations. Pretending it's anything else is deliberately obtuse.

Quite frankly I'm glad that so many closeted bigots (and those that are okay with them) are showing who they are. It makes it much easier to decide who to spend money with and support with my ad dollars.

jesusjenny

Post by jesusjenny » Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:30 am

I noticed the same thing. The one that got me was about driving to Indiana to get a Burger and a Beer. Dude - there are Hundreds if not thousands of restaurants that could use the support locally for take out etc and you feel like you have to drive to Indiana so you can sit in a bar for an hour? Fun fact: You can STILL get Burgers and Beers here! Ever heard of takeout or a party store?

G G

Post by G G » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:14 pm

The liberal jesusjenny is back to spew more hate. She is an example of how they want to create symbols that their kind cannot tolerate out of social media platforms. This is how they de-platform on a mass scale. They push people into a corner and remove their only platforms they have left.

I will promise you this. This strategy will only make us stronger and we will not let you libs take this country away from us.

Autoblemike

Post by Autoblemike » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:58 pm

I think the silencing of conservatives is down right terrible. And the labeling that you all do needs to stop! These conservatives are not extreme... and this is down right scary. Everyone should be against this, yet your still attacking normal Americans.

Jesus Jenny, you are fooling yourself.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic