Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Burger King old logo

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
matt1

Burger King old logo

Post by matt1 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:49 pm

Burger King brings back the "OLD" logo (which was in late 1994) back. Story here: https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/burg ... g-for-2021

MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: Burger King old logo

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:53 pm

That logo reminds me of when my parents (and by default our family) were boycotting Burger King due to their support of Planned Parenthood. BK was the forbidden food from when I was in 3rd to 9th grades, so 1993 to around 1999.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

kager

Post by kager » Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:34 am

matt1 wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:49 pm
Burger King brings back the "OLD" logo (which was in late 1994) back. Story here: https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/burg ... g-for-2021
Great! I was not a fan of the 'bubble button' the logo had become. Guess this means the landscape along the side of the road in some cities will be changing slightly in the near future (closer to what it was during the 'Grunge' era.)
That logo reminds me of when my parents (and by default our family) were boycotting Burger King [snip]. BK was the forbidden food from when I was in 3rd to 9th grades, so 1993 to around 1999.
That had to be tough on a youngster!

Hopefully, it didn't mean having to eat at the 'Home of the McRib', instead. The absence of sh1t on a bun in a diet can make one healthier.

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:14 pm

It meant not eating Burger King on a class field trip several times and being embarrassed that I couldn't have lunch.

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:55 pm

I love that logo!

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:26 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:14 pm
It meant not eating Burger King on a class field trip several times and being embarrassed that I couldn't have lunch.
I'm not being snarky, honest.
But unless one of your parents was a chaperone on the trip, why would you not just eat the BK with the rest of the kids?

kager

Post by kager » Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:08 am

Gotcha... sorry.

Unless the field trip's purpose was to learn how fast-food was cooked, was a one-off/novelty, or the stop was a school/class 'reward' for something, I find it interesting that an educational institution would make BK the only way to have lunch. Regional or generational differences, perhaps.

We were always instructed to bring a sack lunch (or one was provided for you if you were on the 'hot lunch' program) for any field trip taken. I don't ever remember a side trip to a fast food dump during a field trip...

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:43 am

Fast food options in this part of the country flat out suck.

I am extremely jealous of the great state of Texas, which has Whataburger and Taco Cabana.

Burger King was awesome until the early/mid 90's. Decent for another 5 to 10 years after that. The turning point was a horrendous new recipe for their french fries. For several years, they were nearly inedible. I think the recipe has changed 2 or 3 more time since then. The fries are now OK but not as good as those offered by McDonalds or Wendy's.

I need to try the A&W Drive-In in Berkley one of these days.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:40 am

Subway's fairly recent new logo is terrible, IMO. Their 1969 and 2002 logos were the best ones, IMO. The new ones in 2015 and 2016 are so bland and washed-out looking.

Deleted User 15475

Post by Deleted User 15475 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:49 am

Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:53 pm
That logo reminds me of when my parents (and by default our family) were boycotting Burger King due to their support of Planned Parenthood. BK was the forbidden food from when I was in 3rd to 9th grades, so 1993 to around 1999.
I'm sorry that happened to you.

I eat BK's Chicken sandwiches often, however there Hamburgers I'm not so found of. Chick-fil-a is always much too crowded. I agree that BK's fries were awful at one point, they seem better now.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:31 pm

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:26 am
I'm not being snarky, honest.
But unless one of your parents was a chaperone on the trip, why would you not just eat the BK with the rest of the kids?
At that point in my life(around 4th or 5th grade), I held to my parents' point of view and didn't want to upset them.
kager wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:08 am
Gotcha... sorry.

Unless the field trip's purpose was to learn how fast-food was cooked, was a one-off/novelty, or the stop was a school/class 'reward' for something, I find it interesting that an educational institution would make BK the only way to have lunch. Regional or generational differences, perhaps.

We were always instructed to bring a sack lunch (or one was provided for you if you were on the 'hot lunch' program) for any field trip taken. I don't ever remember a side trip to a fast food dump during a field trip...
It was a private Christian school, and it's where one of the moms wanted to stop before we went to the Macomb Symphony up at the Macomb Community College main campus. My friends were in that car. Each mom who drove in his/her car asked the kids where they wanted to go or made the choice themselves.

MW, yes, Texas has Whataburger, but their pizza sucks down there. Then again, they have Mexican food that is authentic. I am also very partial to Cheddar's Scratch Kitchen down there. Very big menu and a great Phil!y Cheese Steak sandwich served with either fries or macaroni. You will want the macaroni. It tastes homemade.

Chick Fila is homophobic and won't ever see a dime from me. It was good when I had it in the 90s but very expensive.
Last edited by MotorCityRadioFreak on Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Audacity sucks.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:19 pm

Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:31 pm

Chick Fila is homophobic and won't ever see a dime from me. It was good when I had it in the 90s but very expensive.

I didn't know that about them

One thing I like about them is they close on Sunday to give their staff the day off. I'm not religious in any sense of the word. I'm an atheist. But I see Sunday as a special day families should have together, whether or not they practice a religion..

The kids they hire there seem more polite and a lot sharper than the McD or Wendy's staff. They don't ask you to repeat your order three times and then still get it wrong.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:32 am

A fast food thread. The one time bidet can actually add insight to a topic and he is silent.

The censorship king from out of state.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:52 am

MW, yes, Texas has Whataburger, but their pizza sucks down there. Then again, they have Mexican food that is authentic. I am also very partial to Cheddar's Scratch Kitchen down there. Very big menu and a great Phil!y Cheese Steak sandwich served with either fries or macaroni. You will want the macaroni. It tastes homemade.
Ya know - that is one thing I overlooked regarding our region: the fast options up here are mediocre but we do have some damn good homegrown pizza joints!

kager

Post by kager » Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:56 am

New logo or old, I just wish there was a way (aside from not traveling) to not see it littering the side of our roads. It doesn't belong there! >:

Reminds me of this:
Honeyman wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:32 am
A fast food thread. The one time bidet can actually add insight to a topic and he is silent.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic