Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Michigan going BACK INTO LOCKDOWN

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Michigan going BACK INTO LOCKDOWN

Post by bmw » Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:22 pm

Just what our frail economy needs.

Effective Monday and for 3 weeks:
Everyone must work from home unless impossible to do so
Restrictions on indoor construction (workers per square foot)
All high schools will be remote
No dine-in service for bars or restaurants
https://www.uppermichiganssource.com/20 ... trictions/

zzand

Re: Michigan going BACK INTO LOCKDOWN

Post by zzand » Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:34 pm

I suspect other states will also being going in this direction. Chicago is in a stay at home type order as of today, Ohio and Kentucky are also considering it and even though he has only mentioned it once the Indiana Governor has to be pondering a stay at home directive as cases climb daily. I heard a radio interview on WLW with a doctor that brought up one interesting point. Cases do not equal sick people. She said cases mean the test detected enough COVID to be positive but it can't measure if it is enough to cause sickness, interesting information...

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:42 pm

bmw wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:22 pm
Just what our frail economy needs.

Effective Monday and for 3 weeks:
Everyone must work from home unless impossible to do so
Restrictions on indoor construction (workers per square foot)
All high schools will be remote
No dine-in service for bars or restaurants
https://www.uppermichiganssource.com/20 ... trictions/
Fuck this shit.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:45 pm

I just checked with our health department and we have received no such order from the state.

It may be announced tomorrow, but it would not go into effect immediately it would be a few days.

That being said, our most recent joint operation committee meeting included a representative from the governor's office who alluded to the fact that we need to be ready to make some adjustments.

if the fragile economy cannot figure out how to operate in the pandemic that part of the fragile economy is going to go away.

Every one of my clients has figured out how to adjust, change is a constant in business and this is certainly a big and difficult change but it has nothing to do with the reality of keeping those all important customers from dying.

I honestly get tired of business owners whining. Some people just weren't cut out for that type of work and should go get a job somewhere else. I've told customers to their face that very thing and it's just kind of a reality of business ownership.

Restaurants are going to close and a franchise who knows how to operate a delivery and carry out business will replace that restaurant.

There are businesses that simply require people congregating in large groups in order to operate. Current owners may go away but I guarantee you demand will be considerable once the risk goes down. A new operator will come about and start that business right back up.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:07 pm

The Cuck Talks wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:45 pm
I honestly get tired of business owners whining. Some people just weren't cut out for that type of work and should go get a job somewhere else. I've told customers to their face that very thing and it's just kind of a reality of business ownership.

Restaurants are going to close and a franchise who knows how to operate a delivery and carry out business will replace that restaurant.
This clown is advocating for local places to be replaced by chains. Pathetic.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:10 pm

zzand wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:34 pm
I suspect other states will also being going in this direction. Chicago is in a stay at home type order as of today, Ohio and Kentucky are also considering it and even though he has only mentioned it once the Indiana Governor has to be pondering a stay at home directive as cases climb daily. I heard a radio interview on WLW with a doctor that brought up one interesting point. Cases do not equal sick people. She said cases mean the test detected enough COVID to be positive but it can't measure if it is enough to cause sickness, interesting information...
To be effective, we really need to improve the whole testing mechanism.

We test more, but what are we really learning? How many of those tests are accurate? Elon Musk just got FOUR tests - two came back positive and two came back negative!! Does he have it or not?? A friend just went to the ER because of obvious symptoms with breathing, loss of taste, smell, etc... initial test was postive so they started treating him. Next day (still serious symptoms) test was negative. Do they still think he has COVID or not? Because of the obvious symptoms they are still treating him as if he does.

Of the ~90 percent of folks that get a negative test daily, how many are really sick and continuing to spread the virus?

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:12 pm

Matt wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:07 pm
The Cuck Talks wrote:

Not only that, but can you imagine the time lag between when the failing business close up shop and anybody else comes in to replace them? What happens during that time? How many of the established businesses with long-term employees were paying minimum wage? What do you think those chains are going to pay when they start from scratch?

zzand

Post by zzand » Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:14 pm

That is one of the problems. The rapid test, according to some medical folk, is almost entirely useless as it has a failure rate close to 70 percent. No test is totally reliable and no one seems overly worried about that.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:34 pm

zzand wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:14 pm
That is one of the problems. The rapid test, according to some medical folk, is almost entirely useless as it has a failure rate close to 70 percent. No test is totally reliable and no one seems overly worried about that.
Rapid testing fails to the positive. So if you're cleared from a rapid test you're not likely to have covid. If you test positive then they treat you like a positive case until a 24 our test can be completed.

We've been conducting rapid tests for several months now and it is a good tool. it is certainly much more accurate than it was when it first came out. Every month they seem to get better.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:35 pm

Matt wrote:
The Cuck Talks wrote:

Hey Matt, how much business consulting do you do? how many years have you been a small business owner?

None? Pathetic that you even think you can comment on these matters.

― Noam Chomsky

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:43 pm

TC Talks wrote:
I just checked with our health department and we have received no such order from the state.

It may be announced tomorrow, but it would not go into effect immediately it would be a few days.

That being said, our most recent joint operation committee meeting included a representative from the governor's office who alluded to the fact that we need to be ready to make some adjustments.

if the fragile economy cannot figure out how to operate in the pandemic that part of the fragile economy is going to go away.

Every one of my clients has figured out how to adjust, change is a constant in business and this is certainly a big and difficult change but it has nothing to do with the reality of keeping those all important customers from dying.

There are businesses that simply require people congregating in large groups in order to operate. Current owners may go away but I guarantee you demand will be considerable once the risk goes down. A new operator will come about and start that business right back up.
You are so out of the loop:

LANSING, MICH. Today, Governor Gretchen Whitmer, Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) Chief Medical Executive Dr. Joneigh Khaldun, and MDHHS Director Robert Gordon will provide an update regarding COVID-19 and make an announcement regarding the continued efforts to slow the spread of the virus.

WHO: Governor Gretchen Whitmer
MDHHS Chief Medical Executive Dr. Joneigh Khaldun
MDHHS Director Robert Gordon

WHAT: Press Conference

WHEN: Sunday, November 15th at 6:00 PM

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:51 pm

Cool, now I'm in the loop. The health department notifies us when there's actually something to communicate.

― Noam Chomsky

zzand

Post by zzand » Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:23 pm

Beat me to it Audio...From TC Ticker...

BREAKING: Multiple sources are reporting Governor Gretchen Whitmer will announce new COVID-19 restrictions in Michigan tonight. The governor is scheduled to give a press briefing at 6pm. Whitmer hinted Thursday that new state restrictions could be coming given the record number of coronavirus cases and hospitalizations occurring in Michigan.

Deleted User 4520

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:43 pm

Stores need to start cracking down on non mask wearers. But they don't wanna lose a sale... it's like they're placing more profit above public safety.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:55 pm

The Cuck Talks wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:35 pm
Matt wrote:
The Cuck Talks wrote:

Hey Matt, how much business consulting do you do? how many years have you been a small business owner?

None? Pathetic that you even think you can comment on these matters.
The only thing more obnoxious than your unique combination of arrogance and ignorance is your severe inability to comprehend anything you read. I very clearly pointed out that you are pathetic for hoping chains replace local restaurants. I don't care what you do, probably poorly, for your career.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic