Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Bernie Sanders: Republicans Fear Retribution From Trump If They Congratulate Biden

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MotorCityRadioFreak

Bernie Sanders: Republicans Fear Retribution From Trump If They Congratulate Biden

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:31 pm

Bernie Sanders says he has spoken to several Republicans looking to congratulate Joe Biden. However, due to Trump's anger and uneasiness, they are afraid to come forward. They fear retribution from him and others on the alt right.

https://youtu.be/IW_kaKcIE0A

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Turkeytop

Re: Bernie Sanders: Republicans Fear Retribution From Trump If They Congratulate Biden

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:04 am

I've heard that Biden may be tapping Bernie for Labour Secretary. I can't think of a better choice.

Well, maybe one. But I'm not a US citizen.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: Bernie Sanders: Republicans Fear Retribution From Trump If They Congratulate Biden

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:07 am

It would be an excellent choice.

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:35 am

Bernie is the only candidate who even acknowledged the working class. But even he got it wrong. He says he wants to convert the working class to middle class. What makes him think we'll agree to undergo his conversion therapy?

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:20 am

You get far too concerned about this supposed class war. The goal is for $15 an hour which is what Biden has said he will fight for in addition to more fair labor policy. Personally, I feel that $15 is too much. I think $11-12 would be more appropriate personally, but I would much rather have taxes to go up for those making over $400K a year or more. Similar to how Eisenhower taxed the 1%. Trump had allowed far too many of them to have access to loopholes in the tax code.

Audacity sucks.

thatonedude

Post by thatonedude » Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:45 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:04 am
I've heard that Biden may be tapping Bernie for Labour Secretary. I can't think of a better choice.

Well, maybe one. But I'm not a US citizen.
I'm sure we can find a loophole for ya TT ;)

take this job and shove it

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:32 am

I've heard several Consultants from a Republican side that suggested Trump will try to get any Republican turn on out-of-office who doesn't completely support him lock step.

I think you will see things loosen up when Trump loses, however everyone knows he will still be around and trying to disrupt during Biden's entire presidency.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:22 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:20 am
....The goal is for $15 an hour which is what Biden has said he will fight for in addition to more fair labor policy. Personally, I feel that $15 is too much. I think $11-12 would be more appropriate personally ...
I won't say the same about outstate areas. But anyone living in Metro Detroit that is unable to find themselves a job making at least $15 deserves to stay working fast food.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:12 am

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:22 am
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:20 am
....The goal is for $15 an hour which is what Biden has said he will fight for in addition to more fair labor policy. Personally, I feel that $15 is too much. I think $11-12 would be more appropriate personally ...
I won't say the same about outstate areas. But anyone living in Metro Detroit that is unable to find themselves a job making at least $15 deserves to stay working fast food.
There are jobs available like that... but nowhere near what the market demand is...

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:16 am

Rate This wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:12 am
There are jobs available like that... but nowhere near what the market demand is...
DTE is currently, right now, hiring all able bodies. And they start at $25 an hour with great benefits.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:43 pm

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:16 am
Rate This wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:12 am
DTE is currently, right now, hiring all able bodies. And they start at $25 an hour with great benefits.
I worked there for 4 1/2 years, so let me debunk that.

That is simply not true. It is $14.25 an hour in the call center if you can get in with DTE proper. If it is with a contractor, it is $12.50 an hour. That is after passing several employment and personality tests that are required for both union and contractors.

The field workers start at $17 for ground/meter operations. So, the $25 is probably for the bucket truck guys, which not everybody can do.

Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic