Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Thousands of Covid cases a day - is Whitmer responsible?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Thousands of Covid cases a day - is Whitmer responsible?

Post by bmw » Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:48 am

Just curious - for all you pro-big government types out there who blame Trump for his handling of the Coronavirus early on...

We're now seeing a record number of daily new Coronavirus cases in Michigan. The ramping up started shortly after Governor Whitmer's numerous executive orders will overturned. I said when that happened that she had nobody but herself to blame for that and that her actions ultimately led to mass confusion in the state and a lot of people now just plain ignoring her. So the question is, when is she going to take responsibility for her actions and when is our local media going to criticize her for the Coronavirus now being sharply on the rise?

km1125

Re: Thousands of Covid cases a day - is Whitmer responsible?

Post by km1125 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:17 pm

We're testing TWICE as many folks daily now than we were just a couple months ago... so even if the actual infection rate was identical we'd be seeing an "increase in cases".

The infection rate is increasing a bit though. I just wish they would be honest with the numbers instead of playing with them as propaganda.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:21 pm

bmw wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:48 am
Just curious - for all you pro-big government types out there who blame Trump for his handling of the Coronavirus early on...

We're now seeing a record number of daily new Coronavirus cases in Michigan. The ramping up started shortly after Governor Whitmer's numerous executive orders will overturned. I said when that happened that she had nobody but herself to blame for that and that her actions ultimately led to mass confusion in the state and a lot of people now just plain ignoring her. So the question is, when is she going to take responsibility for her actions and when is our local media going to criticize her for the Coronavirus now being sharply on the rise?
Why don’t we blame the clowns that sued to have this overturned? She was stopping it until then. Afterwords all hell broke loose and she’s powerless to do anything about it. I don’t see the Republican legislature scrambling to fill the void either.

Your logic here is absolute garbage.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:58 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:21 pm
Why don’t we blame the clowns that sued to have this overturned? She was stopping it until then.
Because what she did was UNCONSTITUTIONAL. That's why. The Constitution doesn't cease to exist during a pandemic.
Afterwords all hell broke loose and she’s powerless to do anything about it.
She created her own mess.
I don’t see the Republican legislature scrambling to fill the void either.
Why should they? Whitmer wants nothing to do with them and will just veto anything they do.
How so? Your logic requires me to accept that violating the Constitutional is not only acceptable, but commendable.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:24 pm

bmw wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:58 pm
Rate This wrote:
Why don’t we blame the clowns that sued to have this overturned? She was stopping it until then.
Because what she did was UNCONSTITUTIONAL. That's why. The Constitution doesn't cease to exist during a pandemic.
Afterwords all hell broke loose and she’s powerless to do anything about it.
She created her own mess.
I don’t see the Republican legislature scrambling to fill the void either.
Why should they? Whitmer wants nothing to do with them and will just veto anything they do.
How so? Your logic requires me to accept that violating the Constitutional is not only acceptable, but commendable.
Its also worthwhile that this is spiking everywhere, but anyone that says Whitmer didn't poison the proverbial well with her unconstitutional, sometimes petty actions is delusional.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:30 pm

Rate This wrote:
bmw wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:48 am

Why don’t we blame the clowns that sued to have this overturned? She was stopping it until then. Afterwords all hell broke loose and she’s powerless to do anything about it. I don’t see the Republican legislature scrambling to fill the void either.

You were already blaming the Michigan Supreme court no matter what when they ended the EO's. I believe that there was going to be a spike no matter what with the cool weather coming and maybe a little bit of COVID fatigue as well etc.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:40 am

No doubt these cases fall squarely on the MI Supreme Court fucking everything up. They encouraged people to destroy the work Whiter did, and they went right ahead and did so.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:34 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:40 am
No doubt these cases fall squarely on the MI Supreme Court fucking everything up. They encouraged people to destroy the work Whiter did, and they went right ahead and did so.
This is just not true.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:47 am

If you choke someone to death to prevent them from getting Covid, is that a good thing or not?

Afterall, you did prevent them from getting a "deadly" disease!!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:10 am

km1125 wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:47 am
If you choke someone to death to prevent them from getting Covid, is that a good thing or not?

Afterall, you did prevent them from getting a "deadly" disease!!
You go first.... and tell us what the pros and cons are... somebody’s got to give us the inside scoop on this...

Getoffmylawn

Post by Getoffmylawn » Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:14 pm

R Bedell wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:41 am
So the question is, when is she going to take responsibility for her actions and when is our local media going to criticize her for the Coronavirus now being sharply on the rise?
NEVER. The Democrats and the Swamp Media never take responsibility. They ALWAYS blame others for their piss poor decisions.
You might want to take it down a notch on that one. Last time I checked, the Republicans haven't exactly been jumping up to take responsibility whenever they shit the bed. Please keep in mind, this is not meant to be a defense of the Democrats. Politics 101 for whatever party/affiliation you align with says that when things go wrong, it's the other guys' fault.

Getoffmylawn

Post by Getoffmylawn » Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:32 pm

R Bedell wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:45 pm
You might want to take it down a notch on that one.
Uh...........I don't think so.
I'm shocked.

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:52 pm

R Bedell wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:42 am
:lol :lol :lol
Stopping it? Whitmer couldn't even stop a runaway shopping cart. The best job for Whitmer would be in the public defenders office. :lol

"Pretty soon, every kid in America will wish he were me"

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:45 am

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:20 am

Colonel Flagg wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:52 pm
R Bedell wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:42 am
:lol :lol :lol
Stopping it? Whitmer couldn't even stop a runaway shopping cart. The best job for Whitmer would be in the public defenders office. :lol
:rollin

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic