Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Do BLM even to Blacks?

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
option1

Re: Do BLM even to Blacks?

Post by option1 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:36 am

Hey libidoshuffle,

Grammar nazi joe?! C’mon Dude, that post is an abomination. And since I’m 99.9% sure you have no clue what abomination means, in this case its shameful. In literary terms you can understand its...wait for it...A piece of shit. A second grade English teacher woulda’ flunked your illiterate ass on the spot if you turned in something with as many grammatical faux pas, (so you understand faux pas means fuck ups), as that turd of a paragraph.

Now if you are seven years old like that paragraph indicates, please accept my apologies.

lidoshuffle

Post by lidoshuffle » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:11 pm

option1 wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:36 am
Hey libidoshuffle,

Grammar nazi joe?! C’mon Dude, that post is an abomination. And since I’m 99.9% sure you have no clue what abomination means, in this case its shameful. In literary terms you can understand its...wait for it...A piece of shit. A second grade English teacher woulda’ flunked your illiterate ass on the spot if you turned in something with as many grammatical faux pas, (so you understand faux pas means fuck ups), as that turd of a paragraph.

Now if you are seven years old like that paragraph indicates, please accept my apologies.
"woulda'"...??? FU skippy....you don't like my posts, you have an option to block me, I got better threads to read then "I am so much smarter than everyone else in here guy" replies...

88keys

Post by 88keys » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:18 pm

Maybe I can help with this. First time poster, long time lurker.

I'm black, early 40's, grew up broke in the hood (48224) and got out.

I understand how the BLM movement got so big. When people are angry, opportunists can seize the anger of the crowd, point their finger at something or someone and unleash the hurt and anger of the mob at whatever or whoever the leaders perceive to be enemies. Quite simply, hurt people, hurt people.

That being said I think the whole thing is focused in the wrong direction. It's easy to march around with signs and yell at the cops, blame whitey and throw stones at real or imaginary enemies. That's an easy way to say you're trying to make a difference. If black lives really matter, go protest outside the drug house on the East side. Go protest the parents that don't go to their kids parent teacher conference to make sure the kids are learning. Go protest the gang bangers that kill each other. I mean if black lives really matter, wouldn't you go to the source of where/why/how black lives are being taken? We kill each other with guns and drugs way more than cops kill us.

Unless what you're telling me is black lives only matter if that life were taken by a white person. If that's the case, well then it's bullcrap.

You ever get so mad you just wanna scream and kick things and throw your cell phone across the room and be like Elvis and shoot the TV? Those things don't solve anything, but it sure feels good doing it. I think the BLM movement is similar. Those people are angry and scared and they want some things to change, but as a community we have to first get that change has to start in your own home.

696lover

Post by 696lover » Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:41 am

WXYZ really dancing this morning around the road rage in Troy with the machete, and all the armed standoffs in the D. Want the views but don't want the pastors mad

option1

Post by option1 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:59 pm

This thread has evolved into some of the most ignorant shit I’ve ever seen on this board.

Dude said “1,000 black babies are slaughtered every day and white people celebrate it?” WTF planet do you live on? You are scary Bro.

Then 88keys claims to be African American. You’re a lying piece of shit and just a weird mother fucker.

I do have a solution for you guys though. Instead of spewing hatred and ignorance about racism in America, let me recommend a book to you. “So you want to talk about race” by Ljeoma Oluo. It’s an easy read and very informative.

Sadly, you have a lot of hate in your heart. And despite the fact that I called you out on your ignorance, I kinda’ feel sorry for you and the people that think like you. There’s so much more to life than hate my man. Utilize that negative energy in a more positive manner. See a therapist (just kidding lol). Naw Dude really just chill. You’ll be aight. Just stay the fuck away from me.

armchair pd

Post by armchair pd » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:50 pm

option1 wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:59 pm
This thread has evolved into some of the most ignorant shit I’ve ever seen on this board.
And that's saying a lot. The bar was already low.

innate-in-you

Post by innate-in-you » Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:09 pm

88keys wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:18 pm
Maybe I can help with this. First time poster, long time lurker.

I'm black, early 40's, grew up broke in the hood (48224) and got out.

I understand how the BLM movement got so big. When people are angry, opportunists can seize the anger of the crowd, point their finger at something or someone and unleash the hurt and anger of the mob at whatever or whoever the leaders perceive to be enemies. Quite simply, hurt people, hurt people.

That being said I think the whole thing is focused in the wrong direction. It's easy to march around with signs and yell at the cops, blame whitey and throw stones at real or imaginary enemies. That's an easy way to say you're trying to make a difference. If black lives really matter, go protest outside the drug house on the East side. Go protest the parents that don't go to their kids parent teacher conference to make sure the kids are learning. Go protest the gang bangers that kill each other. I mean if black lives really matter, wouldn't you go to the source of where/why/how black lives are being taken? We kill each other with guns and drugs way more than cops kill us.

Unless what you're telling me is black lives only matter if that life were taken by a white person. If that's the case, well then it's bullcrap.

You ever get so mad you just wanna scream and kick things and throw your cell phone across the room and be like Elvis and shoot the TV? Those things don't solve anything, but it sure feels good doing it. I think the BLM movement is similar. Those people are angry and scared and they want some things to change, but as a community we have to first get that change has to start in your own home.
Small World

I lived in 48224 from November 1969 to October 1989.

Getoffmylawn

Post by Getoffmylawn » Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:19 pm

option1 wrote:
I do have a solution for you guys though. Instead of spewing hatred and ignorance about racism in America, let me recommend a book to you. “So you want to talk about race” by Ljeoma Oluo. It’s an easy read and very informative.

Sadly, you have a lot of hate in your heart. And despite the fact that I called you out on your ignorance, I kinda’ feel sorry for you and the people that think like you. There’s so much more to life than hate my man. Utilize that negative energy in a more positive manner. See a therapist (just kidding lol). Naw Dude really just chill. You’ll be aight. Just stay the fuck away from me.
The mistake you made (and one that I have made myself in the past) is trying to respond in a reasonable manner. Reason, intelligence, and any semblance of common sense left this thread several exits back. Everything posted by this troll is based simply on getting people to respond to something that sounds outrageous. If he wants to wallow in that kind of ugliness (whether or not he even believes it), just ignore it and move on.

If I may quote the great Strother Martin from Cool Hand Luke:
"What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Some men, you just can't reach.
So you get what we had here last week -- which is the way he wants it.
Well, he gets it.
And I don't like it anymore than you men."

You are absolutely right, though. It's a shame that someone would deliberately choose to live this way.

88keys

Post by 88keys » Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:24 pm

option1 wrote:

Dude said “1,000 black babies are slaughtered every day and white people celebrate it?” WTF planet do you live on? You are scary Bro.

Then 88keys claims to be African American. You’re a lying piece of shit and just a weird mother fucker.

Nothing I said was weird or a lie. It's really no reason to call me names. I just offered my opinion on an opinion posting site. It's not my intent to troll, shock or piss anyone off. Just my take on it from a black male, born and raised in Detroit.

That being said, I have to agree with Getoffmylawn. This whole thread was hijacked by a troll whose sole purpose is to get strangers on the internet to yell at him.

RayQix

Post by RayQix » Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:06 am

It’s opinion..... and I think MW allows that.

Do I agree with it? No.

The “us and them” view is old and outdated long ago. Too bad some folks don’t get past what was.

All lives matter. I don’t like the BLM movement only because then it specializes one specific group, which is not really a good idea. Why only black? Why only white? Why only “anything”?!?

I see a comment online around the second week of September usually that goes like this:

“I miss 9/12/01....Everyone was United and everyone was nice to each other.”

Until we realize that everyone matters.... it’s still wrong to single-out anyone negatively.

We work together.... we build a better society.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mattdtown

Post by mattdtown » Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:09 am

If this is a professional forum for BROADCASTERS AND BROADCAST PROFESSIONALS, why has this turned into a racist back slap?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:10 pm

mattdtown wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:09 am
If this is a professional forum for BROADCASTERS AND BROADCAST PROFESSIONALS, why has this turned into a racist back slap?
Because we have a forum owner who doesn’t care.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:50 pm

mattdtown wrote:
Maybe it's time for a poll.
Of the folks that post at least 3 times a week, who is actually a broadcaster or broadcast professional?

As for me, I got nothing to do with broadcasting in any way shape or form. I never really had the impression that this is a "professional" forum. I always considered Buzzboard as just another internet blog. Folks of all backgrounds commenting on politics, and what they see and hear on the TV and radio. More of a viewers blog. Perhaps I've been mistaken.

But to all, am I wrong thinking everyone takes what's posted here too seriously? Am I wrong thinking way too many of you get way to excited about some anonymous poster saying off the wall stuff? With the exception of one person that recently had to file a police report, I don't know the name, phone number, or address of anyone on here. And I know from the report they don't work in broadcasting either. So that makes at least 2 of us.

I myself look at Buzzboard for the grins and giggles. The more absurd the post, the bigger and longer lasting the grin. I don't get upset over any of it. If someone flames something I said, it literally goes in one ear and out the other. I've forgotten about it 7.2 seconds after I read it. And I think everyone should do the same.
Last edited by Deleted User 14896 on Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:41 pm

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:50 pm
mattdtown wrote:
I myself look at Buzzboard for the grins and giggles. The more absurd the post, the bigger and longer lasting the grin. I don't get upset over any of it. If someone flames something I said, it literally goes in one ear and out the other. I've forgotten about it 7.2 seconds after I read it. And I think everyone should do the same.
I try to take the same approach. If you respond to a flame, you've only empowered the flamer because you've:
  • Provoked them to say something else.
  • Given them the satisfaction of knowing that you read their flame.

Getoffmylawn

Post by Getoffmylawn » Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:29 am

Bobbert wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:41 pm

I try to take the same approach. If you respond to a flame, you've only empowered the flamer because you've:
  • Provoked them to say something else.
  • Given them the satisfaction of knowing that you read their flame.
Amen. I once mistakenly engaged a certain resident troll, pointing out the cowardice behind the posts and wondering what possible appeal there could be in acting like an asshole just for the sake of acting like an asshole. Obviously, that was an effort in futility. Now I am just a casual (mostly) lurker who has learned that once I see certain names in a thread, I stay away.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic