Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

John James Linked to Militia Terrorists

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MotorCityRadioFreak

John James Linked to Militia Terrorists

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:21 pm

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

TC Shuts Up

Re: John James Linked to Militia Terrorists

Post by TC Shuts Up » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:32 am

That's ridicurous.

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:34 am

I read the link you posted.
So someone donated some money to James campaign.
And you put a headline that implies James is in kahoots with them.
I don't see it.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:10 am

Only $1000?

Chinese have been buying off politicians for a while:

https://www.nationalreview.com/2017/07/ ... ownplayed/

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:09 am

Boy, the Russians are lucky, Trump is just handing things over for free.

Michigan Republican Senate candidate John James received campaign contributions and was photographed with the organizer of the rally where conspirators accused of planning to kidnap Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer allegedly plotted with a militia to recruit more members.

James, along with Vice President Mike Pence, was photographed with Ryan D. Kelley, a Grand Rapids real estate agent who heads the American Patriot Council, in since-deleted social media images reviewed by Salon. President Donald Trump was also pictured with Kelley in a photo posted to his Facebook profile.

Kelley was the organizer of the "Well-Regulated Militia" rally at the Michigan capitol in June. The FBI alleged in court documents that the leader of the group who plotted the attack on Whitmer met with militia leader Ty Garbin and a confidential source at the rally to discuss a plan and recruit more members.

Federal Election Commission records also show that Kelley has donated thousands to James' campaign.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:18 am

I'm confused.

Are you saying he's linked to actual terrorists, or are you linking all militia-affiliated members as terrorists??

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:23 pm

km1125 wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:18 am
I'm confused.

Are you saying he's linked to actual terrorists, or are you linking all militia-affiliated members as terrorists??
John James is linked to the terrorist cell that threatened Whitmer. He has no problems receiving their support and enjoying their company.

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:56 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:23 pm
John James is linked to the terrorist cell that threatened Whitmer. He has no problems receiving their support and enjoying their company.
I still don't see it. By saying "linked", you are saying he is actively participating or supporting their actions.
All they did was donate some money to them. It's truly not the same thing.

And I've been pondering something else that's been thrown at James.
The attack ads about he wants to abolish Obamacare. So the attack ads say it's from something called Talking Points.
So I googled what Talking Points is. It's a blog. Just like this blog. And just like this blog, it has a search function.
So I searched "John James". Two articles about him came up on this Talking Points website.
One was a few years old talking about him thinking of running against Peters or Stevens or Slotkin.
The other talked about him deleting social media postings when he made up his mind what to run for.
I didn't see anything about Obamacare. Maybe I missed it.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:06 pm

km1125 wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:18 am
I'm confused.

Did you even read the article?? Exactly how is he "linked" to the terrorist cell, other than being a male and living in Michigan??

The rally referenced in the article was a pro-law enforcement, and generically supported militias. If there were a few folks there that used the opportunity to recruit folks, that has no bearing on James or the Rally organizers. They also could have recruited folks at the local Kroger, but does that make all Krogers bad??

The group in the plot was an anti-police, anti-government group. Quoting from a linked article about the rally: "We coordinated the entire rally with Michigan State Police [and] thanked them publicly for their service. To suggest our rally was a meeting place to discuss a plot against the [governor] is grossly inaccurate."

Also from a linked article:
“The American Patriot Council in no way condones violence as a form of political action. As the public is well aware, any actions taken by the American Patriot Council have been legal and lawful,” the council said in a statement. "While we hold the view that many public officials are guilty of a litany of crimes, and it has been our goal to hold these officials criminally responsible, we must do so lawfully."

You are clearly just trying to slander him and slander militias.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:19 pm

Once he finds a cute conservative girl he will be a John James supporter.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:06 pm

audiophile wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:19 pm
Once he finds a cute conservative girl he will be a John James supporter.
Ridiculous.

Audacity sucks.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:12 pm

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:56 pm
I still don't see it. By saying "linked", you are saying he is actively participating or supporting their actions.
All they did was donate some money to them. It's truly not the same thing.

And I've been pondering something else that's been thrown at James.
The attack ads about he wants to abolish Obamacare. So the attack ads say it's from something called Talking Points.
So I googled what Talking Points is. It's a blog. Just like this blog. And just like this blog, it has a search function.
So I searched "John James". Two articles about him came up on this Talking Points website.
One was a few years old talking about him thinking of running against Peters or Stevens or Slotkin.
The other talked about him deleting social media postings when he made up his mind what to run for.
I didn't see anything about Obamacare. Maybe I missed it.
https://youtu.be/T7HpSiAI6No

Audacity sucks.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:12 pm

Wrong John James isn't linked to the terrorists I call BS since that is fake news and story well.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:35 pm

MasterB wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:12 pm
Wrong John James isn't linked to the terrorists I call BS since that is fake news and story well.
I suspect they were gonna vote for the guy. They were gonna vote for Trump. There’s even video now of one of them donning a MAGA hat. James didn’t exactly say “hey this sucks let’s refrain from this” did he? If so I missed it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic