Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

56% say they are better off today than 4 years ago

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
audiophile

Re: 56% say they are better off today than 4 years ago

Post by audiophile » Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:58 am

He begs for 50 cents?

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:10 am

Matt,

Don't even try to play in the Demographics / Sociographics sandbox. Some of my data costs more than your mortgage. At least use 2019 Census data.
According to a Pew study released last fall, the median income of middle-class American households is $74,015, based on Census data from 2016, the latest available. (Pew defines middle class as two-thirds to twice the U.S. median household income, adjusted for household size.)

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:22 am

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:10 am
Matt,

Don't even try to play in the Demographics / Sociographics sandbox. Some of my data costs more than your mortgage. At least use 2019 Census data.
According to a Pew study released last fall, the median income of middle-class American households is $74,015, based on Census data from 2016, the latest available. (Pew defines middle class as two-thirds to twice the U.S. median household income, adjusted for household size.)
Learn to read before heaping on the condescension.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:21 am

TC Talks wrote:

Note it say's HOUSEHOLDS, not individuals.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:49 am

It also says 2016.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:02 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Matt,

Liberal elite here, folks!
TC Talks wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:49 am
It also says 2016.
The LATEST data available, you illiterate fuck.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:40 pm

Complete Census population data really only comes out every 10 years. I should know I download it for free and then import - it takes me all day to do the entire country.

There are trends that come out but it's not really recognized officially because the sampling rate is lower.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:33 pm

The liberal elitism runs strong in this one...... my goodness

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:47 pm

audiophile wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:40 pm
Complete Census population data really only comes out every 10 years. I should know I download it for free and then import - it takes me all day to do the entire country.

There are trends that come out but it's not really recognized officially because the sampling rate is lower.
Speaking of the Census, Dump did not allow for extensions on collecting data past September 30th. Most Census data is incomplete as a result. The teams were hampered going door to door. Sounds like no big deal but a lot of local funding is going to be reduced. It's sad.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

zzand

Post by zzand » Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:49 pm

The deadline is the deadline, no reason to extend it. The bureau knew how long it had and with both mail in and on line there is no reason other than being a lazy slug for not turning your information in.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:51 pm

zzand wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:49 pm
The deadline is the deadline, no reason to extend it. The bureau knew how long it had and with both mail in and on line there is no reason other than being a lazy slug for not turning your information in.
They have to go door to door to get information too. The point was hurting blue states. It’s been extended before.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:56 pm

It could have easily been extended to December. It absolutely was about hurting minority communities.

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:02 pm

I had three come to my door. I think they were pretty thorough.

Once was to ask about my neighbor - that wasn't home.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:09 pm

That's you in outer suburbia, but you need to consider how low the response rate was in places like Flint or Detroit proper. Lot of walking to cover.

If my family has dealt with aftermath of COVID and rampant unemployment, I am not going to be worried about a Census form. A lot of people in Detroit have to 2-3 jobs for their families to survive when they do find them. They aren't going to be home at 3 PM when a Census employee comes knocking. So, multiple visits are required.
Last edited by MotorCityRadioFreak on Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Audacity sucks.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:51 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:09 pm
That's you in outer suburbia, but you need to consider how low the response rate was in places like Flint or Detroit proper. Lot of walking to cover.

If my family has dealt with aftermath of COVID and rampant unemployment, I am not going to be worried about a Census forum. A lot of people in Detroit have to 2-3 jobs for their families to survive when they do find them. They aren't going to be home at 3 PM when a Census employee comes knocking. So, multiple visits are required.
It’s even worse on Indian reservations and in areas with heavy immigrant and illegal populations that must be counted too.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic