Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 6 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Amy Coney Barrett...

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Rate This

Re: Amy Coney Barrett...

Post by Rate This » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:41 pm

audiophile wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:18 pm
Rate This wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:46 pm
audiophile wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:45 pm
If senate and president are the same party, the 17/19 of the nominations go through in an election year. If they are different, then only 2/10 go through.

That’s not the point. That’s also not what the Republicans said in 2016. This thing about which party controls what branch is brand new. They simply said “not in an election year”. Well guess what this is?

Cruz’s grandstanding in that speech was window dressing on what he even knows is hypocrisy. But he’s as unprincipled as Lindsay Graham so it’s ok.
Is Cruz facts of 17/19 same party vs 2/10 different parties incorrect?
It’s irrelevant. The Republicans made their bed in 2016 without mentioning any of what Cruz said. They simply made the argument “not until the people vote.”.. no mentions of senate vs. presidential control by party or anything the average person doesn’t understand. Cruz is adding this in 4 years later to try to clean up the hypocrisy and make it look ok.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:57 pm

Tacit admission that Cruz is correct.

McConnell might be speaker, but he doesn't represent everyone.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:02 pm

audiophile wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:57 pm
Tacit admission that Cruz is correct.

McConnell might be speaker, but he doesn't represent everyone.
I don’t know if Cruz is correct or not. My point is that it’s irrelevant information. The senate runs on precedents... they have violated a precedent they themselves set by doing this in this way.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:05 pm

Rate This wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:54 pm
Bryce wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:40 pm
Rate This wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:38 pm
Bryce wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:09 pm
The partisan hack Democrats should be embarrassed by the first day of those hearings. It had nothing to do with confirming a Supreme Court Justice and everything to do with one long DNC campaign comercial.
Did you expect much else? They can’t stop the nomination... about all they can do is protest the process and the odiously hypocritical way it’s being done.
Stop with the "hypocrite" shit. There is nothing hypocritical about it. We went over this before.
No... the Republicans sat on ours for 9 fucking months and said “let’s have an election”... now they are rushing this through in 44 days because there is an election upcoming and an Obamacare case and they want her seated to rule on both even if she should recuse herself in the event of an election case.
Lindsay Graham himself, the fucking committee chairman is on tape saying if it comes up in an election year we’ll wait for the election. That’s in the dictionary as the definition of hypocrisy considering he’s ramming it through now. It’s got him nailed dead to rights. Too bad.

As for her performance... she is incredibly weak at carrying herself in those hearings. It’s actually quite sad. She’s a walking rubber stamp.
Who is ours? Were you a member of the failed Obama administration? You need to regain your composure. If you were as convinced as you let on that "your" team (tm the nerds that give you your opinion) was going to win, you wouldn't be this unhinged.

ACB is doing well facing insane, childish dems. Hirono asked her if she ever raped anybody.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

**This space lives rent-free in BMW's head**

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:16 pm

Matt wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:05 pm
Rate This wrote:
Bryce wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Bryce wrote:
The partisan hack Democrats should be embarrassed by the first day of those hearings. It had nothing to do with confirming a Supreme Court Justice and everything to do with one long DNC campaign comercial.
Did you expect much else? They can’t stop the nomination... about all they can do is protest the process and the odiously hypocritical way it’s being done.
Stop with the "hypocrite" shit. There is nothing hypocritical about it. We went over this before.
No... the Republicans sat on ours for 9 fucking months and said “let’s have an election”... now they are rushing this through in 44 days because there is an election upcoming and an Obamacare case and they want her seated to rule on both even if she should recuse herself in the event of an election case.
Lindsay Graham himself, the fucking committee chairman is on tape saying if it comes up in an election year we’ll wait for the election. That’s in the dictionary as the definition of hypocrisy considering he’s ramming it through now. It’s got him nailed dead to rights. Too bad.

As for her performance... she is incredibly weak at carrying herself in those hearings. It’s actually quite sad. She’s a walking rubber stamp.
Who is ours? Were you a member of the failed Obama administration? You need to regain your composure. If you were as convinced as you let on that "your" team (tm the nerds that give you your opinion) was going to win, you wouldn't be this unhinged.

ACB is doing well facing insane, childish dems. Hirono asked her if she ever raped anybody.
I’ll see that and raise you a well thought out study on Republicans and authoritarianism and tribalism.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/business ... QgVZgO46Rq

The country is polarized. I say “my side” in reference to the fact that I identify on the Democratic side of the aisle and our side put up a nominee and got nowhere. You are on the Republican side of the aisle. Your side blocked it. Now your side is ramming one through in less time blatantly defying a precedent they set 4 years ago. That’s where the sides thing comes from. Your comment about Hirono reeks of that which you are criticizing me for. You can reply and I’ll go slower if it still doesn’t make sense. You need extra help and I can respect that.

UP906

Post by UP906 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:21 pm

RT is watching the tide recede on his little revolution and is now becoming snarky and bitter.

Sad.
Thread Killer

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:23 pm

UP906 wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:21 pm
RT is watching the tide recede on his little revolution and is now becoming snarky and bitter.

Sad.
I’m watching the tide recede on your little revolution. There is simply no evidence for a Republican win in 3 weeks. We’ve got plenty of water over here... we have the benefit of not having a boat anchor of a failing campaign to slow us down.

UP906

Post by UP906 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:25 pm

Heh... you are in for a big surprise kid.
Thread Killer

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:30 pm

I watched that segment. Hirono is a nut.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:35 pm

UP906 wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:25 pm
Heh... you are in for a big surprise kid.
Heh... dream on pal...

UP906

Post by UP906 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:37 pm

Good one.
Thread Killer

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:57 pm

Mr.Transistor wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:42 pm
If you could have only one- Amy Coney Barrett confirmed for lifetime appt or Trump for next 4 years what would you choose? One choice only- I'll take ACB
I will take Amy Coney Barrett any day over Trump. Oveturning Roe v. Wade is the only thing the Republican Party has to ensure Evangelicals are motivated to vote Republican. They don't want to lose that advantage by actually overturning it.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:01 pm

Rate This wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:16 pm
Matt wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:05 pm
Rate This wrote:
Bryce wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Bryce wrote:

I’ll see that and raise you a well thought out study on Republicans and authoritarianism and tribalism.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/business ... QgVZgO46Rq

The country is polarized. I say “my side” in reference to the fact that I identify on the Democratic side of the aisle and our side put up a nominee and got nowhere. You are on the Republican side of the aisle. Your side blocked it. Now your side is ramming one through in less time blatantly defying a precedent they set 4 years ago. That’s where the sides thing comes from. Your comment about Hirono reeks of that which you are criticizing me for. You can reply and I’ll go slower if it still doesn’t make sense. You need extra help and I can respect that.
I acknowledge that we're a polarized nation, perhaps irreparably. I reject the notion of teams or sides. I vote for the best candidate, and have only voted straight party once, and this is the 11th even year election I have voted in. In 2002, I voted Republican across the board after the Democrats threw a shit fit over President Bush's win.

The Republicans did Garland a favor by not putting him through a humiliating process for him to get voted down. Hirono's question about rape/assault was abhorrent.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

**This space lives rent-free in BMW's head**

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:07 pm

I have never and probably will never ever vote straight ticket. It's because Macomb County Democrats really aren't all that different than Macomb Republicans at the county level. It's a game about spotting the corrupt politician. Add to this the fact that we have people like Andy Levin around who think he can run on uncle's name. The libertarian in that Congressional race was a Butkovich type, so I ended up voting for the working class party candidate.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

zzand

Post by zzand » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:21 pm

"Hirono's question about rape/assault was abhorrent."I would have refused to even honor that dumb ass question with anything more than an eyeroll and then said do you have a serious question?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic