Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

VP Debate

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
audiophile

Re: VP Debate

Post by audiophile » Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:23 pm

Great response from Pence.

Harris is a dope because she inhaled.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:20 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:37 pm
Pence OWNED the woman who is mostly Asian and barely black.

Pence to Harris: “When you talk about accepting the outcome of the election…your party has spent the last three and a half years trying to overturn the results of the last election."

OWNED!!! PURELY OWNED!!!
Whats the chant? "Pigs in a blanket fry them like bacon?" Pence certainly did that to Kamala the cop.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:28 pm

:lol

Keep on grasping that last thin straw, douchebags!

This is gonna be a fucking landslide....

The censorship king from out of state.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:36 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:28 pm

Just like 4 years ago, right?

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:43 pm

Matt wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:36 pm
Honeyman wrote:

....just like I said...keep grasping for straws! :lol

Maybe Michigan will beat OSU too! :rollin

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:56 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:43 pm
Matt wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:36 pm
Honeyman wrote:

....just like I said...keep grasping for straws! :lol

Maybe Michigan will beat OSU too! :rollin
I've given up the expectation of beating that "school" after I thought 2018 was the year.

I also honestly have no idea what will happen in the election. It certainly appears to be an uphill battle for Trump, but it was last time too. The first time I thought there was a possibility of a Trump win last time was the day before the election when Hillary had Obama campaigning in Ann Arbor on her behalf.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:57 pm

Trump's approval rating remains at an RCP average of 44.5 - basically right where it was when he took office, and higher than where it has been for most of his presidency, and virtually unmoved since his Coronavirus diagnosis.

Moreover, he hasn't scored lower than a 40 on any of the last 28 consecutive polls.

At this point, I would say Biden has more ground to lose than does Trump.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:04 pm

Not a betting man, but I have Biden around 276 in the electoral college as of now.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:13 pm

2 things

People hated Hilary (rightly so) and there is no near the animosity for Biden.

Trump had no record to run on. Most people see what a disaster he is after 4 years, and will vote accordingly.

You can disagree, but those are simply the basic facts that will matter.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:17 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:13 pm
2 things

People hated Hilary (rightly so) and there is no near the animosity for Biden.

Trump had no record to run on. Most people see what a disaster he is after 4 years, and will vote accordingly.

You can disagree, but those are simply the basic facts that will matter.
People don't hate Biden, but they also are not enthusiastic about him. I think his campaign is not as confident in the outcome as some in the media are. I get 3-4 texts per day from his campaign or PACs supporting him. Can't seem to get off of that list, unfortunately.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:21 pm

I get nonstop calls from John James and Trump from (231) and (989) area codes. My guess is someone is making calls from Petoskey's(TC Shuts Up) basement.

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:22 pm

Matt wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:17 pm
. I get 3-4 texts per day from his campaign or PACs supporting him. Can't seem to get off of that list, unfortunately.

I've been working on Election campaigns since year dot. They're sending those to you because your name is on their list of likely supporters.

Just give in and get on the bandwagon. :lol

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:28 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:22 pm
Matt wrote:
. I get 3-4 texts per day from his campaign or PACs supporting him. Can't seem to get off of that list, unfortunately.

I've been working on Election campaigns since year dot. They're sending those to you because your name is on their list of likely supporters.

Don't they take someone off a list when it's clear they made a mistake?
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:21 pm
I get nonstop calls from John James and Trump from (231) and (989) area codes. My guess is someone is making calls from Petoskey's(TC Shuts Up) basement.
Calls or texts? I got calls just before the primary on behalf of an awful city council candidate.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:29 pm

I don't care if it is the Pope; No one should be harassed if they are on the do not call list. And yes, I realize that it is not illegal now, but it should be. I got 5 calls today(2 from Florida) on the damn elections. I have already voted and donated to my candidates. They need to fuck off. Stick to emails.

Audacity sucks.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:31 pm

Matt wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:28 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:22 pm
Matt wrote:

Don't they take someone off a list when it's clear they made a mistake?
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:21 pm
Calls or texts? I got calls just before the primary on behalf of an awful city council candidate.
I got a few texts earlier in the week, one from Biden and one from John James. These are calls on my landline. Yes, I still have a landline.

Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic