Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 12 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

MI Supreme Court finds 1945 Emergency Powers Act Unconstitutional

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: MI Supreme Court finds 1945 Emergency Powers Act Unconstitutional

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:02 pm

Matt wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:56 pm
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:52 pm
As an aside, horrible journalism to not mention who on the MI Supreme Court voted for and against this measure.
The intelligent members voted to overturn, and the partisan hacks voted in favor of the tyrant.
Rate This wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:47 pm
Matt wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:38 pm
Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:35 pm
Total bullshit. These partisan hacks need to wakeup. We are in a fucking pandemic. Vote McCormack and Welch.
I agree that Whitmer’s overreach was total bullshit, and luckily, so did the court! Lee Chatfield has already tweeted that it is time to work cooperatively.
Which means don’t wear a mask and go full bore into opening because we have done this for long enough. Got it.

I don’t trust the legislature to be reasonable... they haven’t shown that ability in the past, I have no reason to believe they’ll suddenly start.

Oh and 1-2... but they got the one that counts.
Road funding was done in 2015 or 2016. If you traveled at all this summer, you would have seen all the projects in process. The legislature and the state at large HATED Karen's 45 cent, highest gas tax in the country.
We have a Supreme Court election coming up. The public deserves names.

The Republicans failed to develop any counter measure to fix the roads. They are not what they should be. The Michigan Senate and House deny Whitmer's plan because they are selfish and want to deny her legacy. She is by far the best governor of my lifetime(since 1983).

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:06 pm

Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:02 pm
Matt wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:56 pm
Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:52 pm
As an aside, horrible journalism to not mention who on the MI Supreme Court voted for and against this measure.
The intelligent members voted to overturn, and the partisan hacks voted in favor of the tyrant.
Rate This wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:47 pm
Matt wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:38 pm
Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:35 pm
Total bullshit. These partisan hacks need to wakeup. We are in a fucking pandemic. Vote McCormack and Welch.
I agree that Whitmer’s overreach was total bullshit, and luckily, so did the court! Lee Chatfield has already tweeted that it is time to work cooperatively.
Which means don’t wear a mask and go full bore into opening because we have done this for long enough. Got it.

I don’t trust the legislature to be reasonable... they haven’t shown that ability in the past, I have no reason to believe they’ll suddenly start.

Oh and 1-2... but they got the one that counts.
Road funding was done in 2015 or 2016. If you traveled at all this summer, you would have seen all the projects in process. The legislature and the state at large HATED Karen's 45 cent, highest gas tax in the country.
We have a Supreme Court election coming up. The public deserves names.

The Republicans failed to develop any counter measure to fix the roads. They are not what they should be. The Michigan Senate and House deny Whitmer's plan because they are selfish and want to deny her legacy. She is by far the best governor of my lifetime(since 1983).
She's easily the worst, worse than even Granholm. I actually meant to quote your road comment - must have been going too quickly on my phone. McCormack was definitely in the tyrant's corner and must be voted out. Its safe to say Bernstein and Cavanagh were both on the partisan hack side.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:17 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:15 pm
SHE GOT WHIT-CANNED!!!

IT’S A LEGAL SMACKDOWN!!!

She said it was a “slim-majority” ruling!

NOPE! UNANIMOUS, BITCH!!!
It was a 4-3 vote, idiot. Did you bother to read the fucking article?

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:35 pm

Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:17 pm
lovinlife101 wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:15 pm
SHE GOT WHIT-CANNED!!!

IT’S A LEGAL SMACKDOWN!!!

She said it was a “slim-majority” ruling!

NOPE! UNANIMOUS, BITCH!!!
It was a 4-3 vote, idiot. Did you bother to read the fucking article?
45 was 4-3, but the more recent was 7-0. In the appeals court, she won 2-1 and claimed a "great" victory.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:50 pm

On the road projects note - I have noticed more work than usual in my neck of the woods this past season.

14 Mile, 13 Mile and 12 Mile Rd have all had work of some nature (some of it quite significant).

The I-75 rebuild is past the halfway point, but that work is mostly being funded with private dollars, not state money. The road builder will basically earn an annuity on its work.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:11 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:50 pm
On the road projects note - I have noticed more work than usual in my neck of the woods this past season.

14 Mile, 13 Mile and 12 Mile Rd have all had work of some nature (some of it quite significant).

The I-75 rebuild is past the halfway point, but that work is mostly being funded with private dollars, not state money. The road builder will basically earn an annuity on its work.
Speaking of this area, did you hear about the shooting at Texas Roadhouse?

Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:31 am

lovinlife101 wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:59 am
She’s going to be stripped of her powers!

STRIPPED I SAY!!!

Stripped naked, cleanly shaven, oiled up, with nowhere to go! And you can’t do a damn thing about it!

:rollin :rollin :rollin

How do ya like that, you dumb Dems?!
She's claiming the rulings doesn't go into effect for 21 (now 20) days! In reality, this is day 156 of NOT being valid.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:56 am

Speaking of this area, did you hear about the shooting at Texas Roadhouse?
Indeed. All over the local news last night. Very little info about the guy the FBI was targeting (who shot at agents only to be fatally wounded in retaliatory gun fire). The lack of transparency is concerning to me.

That is a busy shopping center; I am sure there is video footage. Unlike local & state police agencies, the FBI probably ordered all local businesses to withhold the tape and threated prosecution should it be released to the public.

I am not a big fan of the FBI's tactics, generally speaking.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:10 pm

And here right on cue to prove my point of why Whitmer didn’t work with the legislature... these people are stupid. Mike Shirkey says there’s no support for mask mandates... Let’s do things on Trumpublican terms I guess. Meetings virtually to avoid spread? Not sure we’ll keep that up. School? No idea (I bet we reopen full bore) Capacity limits Indoors? Who knows (but again probably not). Much of this may not happen again. We will be doing things like Florida soon. For the love of god somebody vote these fucking RINOS out.

Idiots.
https://amp.detroitnews.com/amp/3608588 ... ssion=true

Getoffmylawn

Post by Getoffmylawn » Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:51 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:38 am
Matt wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:31 am
lovinlife101 wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:59 am
She’s going to be stripped of her powers!

STRIPPED I SAY!!!

Stripped naked, cleanly shaven, oiled up, with nowhere to go! And you can’t do a damn thing about it!

:rollin :rollin :rollin

How do ya like that, you dumb Dems?!
She's claiming the rulings doesn't go into effect for 21 (now 20) days! In reality, this is day 156 of NOT being valid.
She’s claiming a lot of things, but she’s 100% wrong!!!

Imagine that, a politician who interprets (makes up) her own meaning of a ruling that goes against her.

STRIP HER!!!

STRIP HER NEKKID!!!

NEXT, SHAVE HER!!! 🪒

STRIP HER OF ALL HER DIGNITY!!!
You are getting way too excited at the thought of her being naked.

Oh well. I guess their are stranger fetishes out there.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:27 am

The 1945 law was unconstitutional she abused her powers I believe there would've been comprised from the legislator & Bitchmer give and take just my opinion.
Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:42 am

Rate This wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:10 pm
And here right on cue to prove my point of why Whitmer didn’t work with the legislature... these people are stupid. Mike Shirkey says there’s no support for mask mandates... Let’s do things on Trumpublican terms I guess. Meetings virtually to avoid spread? Not sure we’ll keep that up. School? No idea (I bet we reopen full bore) Capacity limits Indoors? Who knows (but again probably not). Much of this may not happen again. We will be doing things like Florida soon. For the love of god somebody vote these fucking RINOS out.

Idiots.
Work on your anger issues, authoritarian.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:12 am

Matt wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:42 am
Rate This wrote:

Idiots.
Work on being an actual conservative or Republican you RINO. You fervently support Trump. He and his ilk are not conservatives or Republicans, certainly not in any sense of the word we’ve seen before.

UP906

Post by UP906 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:17 am

RT... would you consider John McCain to be a "real Republican"?
Thread Killer

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:23 am

Rate This wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:12 am
Matt wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:42 am
Rate This wrote:

Idiots.
Work on being an actual conservative or Republican you RINO. You fervently support Trump. He and his ilk are not conservatives or Republicans, certainly not in any sense of the word we’ve seen before.
You have no idea what you're talking about, as per usual.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic