Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Little Free Library

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Turkeytop

Little Free Library

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:28 pm

-
-
-
You've probably all seen these. There are a couple in our neighbourhood. You can take a book or leave a book. It's all free.

Now, in Canada, there's a growing movement. to regulate the content of these little libraries. "To make them better reflect the diversity within our communities."

Cant have just books written by straight white men. They want the libraries to be representative of variety of races and genders. :barf

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Rate This

Re: Little Free Library

Post by Rate This » Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:07 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:28 pm
-
-
-
You've probably all seen these. There are a couple in our neighbourhood. You can take a book or leave a book. It's all free.

Now, in Canada, there's a growing movement. to regulate the content of these little libraries. "To make them better reflect the diversity within our communities."

Cant have just books written by straight white men. They want the libraries to be representative of variety of races and genders. :barf
Just get with the times and get one online or as a file and listen to it.. you can have Mein Kampf in 60 languages if you want...

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:33 pm

I just look for the old John D MacDonald novels. MacDonald would check the box for dead white men

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:49 pm

In Sterling Heights, several teenage hooligans destroyed these in their city. Problem solved. (sarcasm)

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:54 pm

I've never taken a book from one. Just haven't seen anything that interested me. But I've donated lots of books. The next time I donate, will I have to get it approved by the political correctness cops?

The ones around here are locked up now due to the pandemic.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic