Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Gary Pecker’s campaign in full panic-mode

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: Gary Pecker’s campaign in full panic-mode

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:27 pm

I have said before that John James scares me. Despite his idiotic stances typical of any Trumper, he does have some charisma. That's why I gave to Gary Peters' campaign.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:31 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:12 am
John James is a strong candidate; this is a rare instance where the Republican candidate has a very decent chance of winning election to the U.S. Senate from Michigan.

For a while, I by far saw more lawn signs from John James in my neighborhood than any other candidate running for office this election. However, within the last 30 days, the Oakland County Dems seem to have mobilized, as I've seen many signs for Biden/Harris and Peters go up. Now, I'd say it's 50/50 between signs for James versus those for Peters. Still, that's quite remarkable, since my neighborhood leans Dem (i.e. white professionals who listen to NPR, shop at Whole Foods, etc).

There are a number of folks who have James signs who do not have Trump signs. In contrast, nearly all the homes with Peters signs also have Biden signs.

This suggests to me, at least in my little corner of the world, that James actually stands a chance of garnering more votes than Trump in my precinct.

Oddly, I've seen zero signs for either of the two major party congressional candidates in my neck of the woods. Our State Senate seat was up for grabs two years ago, so that seat is off the grid for this year's election.

If the Republicans don't win this Senate race, it wouldn't surprise me if both Senate seats from Michigan remain in Dem hands for at least the next two decades.
You left Macomb County. I am happy for you. Good move.

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:20 pm

Thank you, MCRF. I have zero regrets relocating. However, I did have many enjoyable years in my old neighborhood.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:39 am

I haven't seen many yard signs for Peters or James only seen one Biden yard sign a H*** Trump sign the rest are just local races.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:23 am

I saw 2 Peters campaign signs today in north Warren on Common east of Hoover. I also saw 2 Trump signs on Common west of Hoover by the same two crotchety idiots that had them up in 16.

Audacity sucks.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:27 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:20 pm
Thank you, MCRF. I have zero regrets relocating. However, I did have many enjoyable years in my old neighborhood.
Hopefully, this city intends to reset mayoral term limits back to 3 terms like it had been since the 90s. The Ghanam machine snuck through the 5 mayoral term BS in the general primary in 2016. Tell your former neighbors to vote yes.

Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic