Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Can we just put the Lions out of their misery?

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
bmw

Can we just put the Lions out of their misery?

Post by bmw » Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:23 pm

Seriously. Can we just disband the team?

24-6 lead blown in last year's opener.
23-6 lead blown today.

Honeyman

Re: Can we just put the Lions out of their misery?

Post by Honeyman » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:06 pm

Even for the Lie-downs, that was embarassing. Especially the dropped gimme TD at the end.

The censorship king from out of state.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:14 pm

Welcome back, bmw!

I just read the synopsis of today's game from Justin Rogers of the Detroit News.

I told my dad on the phone at halftime three things:
1) I'm watching zero of today's game (and probably most other Lions' games this season, for that matter);
2) We should've seen Ford Field completely empty and devoid of fans for a Lions home game many years sooner!
3) Watch the Lions blow the game late in the fourth quarter just like last year.

...and guess what happened! :)

SAME
OLD
LIONS!

How fitting that the Lions had a chance to regain in the lead in the closing seconds only to have a receiver drop a pass.

Judging from the stats, it appears the Lions as usual were pitiful on offense within opposing territory. How many times did they enter the red zone today only to come away with no points or 3 points?

I know it's early - but so far Swift appears to be yet another "stellar" early round draft pick by this putrid Lions organization.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:40 am

Sometimes I think that they are being paid to lose. Who makes money on that year after year?

Long ago I stopped watching because I knew they would probably lose.

But no, Lions are a protected species, so they can't be put out their misery.

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:13 am

I usually cuss and swear up a storm, this time I laughed my fool head off! :lol

Just to be fair, we did lose both our cornerbacks to injury (and our first rounder to previous injury) and our big free agent signing at linebacker to a head butt to the belly of a ref. :razz Arguably our best player (Golliday) was also sidelined. Still, a dropped pass for a winning TD in the closing seconds is just too, uh, Lionesque to brush off; and how many games can we expect old man Adrian Peterson to stay healthy?

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:44 pm

Like the trolls on this board, the best thing to do is watch them for entertainment purposes only with NO expectation of winning. It becomes comical. You will enjoy your Sundays much more.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:26 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:45 pm
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:44 pm
Like the trolls on this board, the best thing to do is watch them for entertainment purposes only with NO expectation of winning. It becomes comical. You will enjoy your Sundays much more.
Are you going to threaten a lawsuit to them too? The Fords have quite a bit of money. You'd lose.
So would you.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:34 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:58 pm
Rate This wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:26 pm
lovinlife101 wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:45 pm
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:44 pm
Are you going to threaten a lawsuit to them too? The Fords have quite a bit of money. You'd lose.
So would you.
I win at anything I try.
You’ve been on the cover of troll monthly 6 issues in a row... quite an honor.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:48 pm

McLovin’ has another thread where he talks about little boys a ton. I can’t wait until he gets caught on Predator Poachers of Michigan’s channel on YouTube.

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:03 pm

Another day. Another blown double-digit lead (albeit an early one).

Terrible clock management in the last 2 minutes of the first half.
Bad play calling.
Too many dumb penalties.
Terrible defense in the 3rd quarter.

Vintage Lions. Now 0-2.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:12 pm

On the bright side, they covered the spread! Weeeee

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:39 pm

Today's performance reeked so badly of incompetence, that Matt Patricia's name is currently trending on Twitter! LOL

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:53 pm

Ligers(Lions and Tigers)are known for the magic in always finding ways to lose.

Audacity sucks.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:02 am

Outside of the Lions just being the Lions, it was the untimely penalties of substitute left guard Aboushi and substitute cornerback Oruwariye that stymied any momentum we garnered in the first half. I was particularly disappointed in the latter's performance since I was always high on him as a cover corner prospect.

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

km1125

Post by km1125 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:47 pm

Has anyone done a financial analysis of how much is spent on the Lions and Tigers over, for example, the last 10 years.

Wonder how much we've spent (as a region) on these two teams and what other better resources could have used that money? Sure, most of the money comes from fans who are certainly allowed to spend their money as they choose but perhaps we should be looking at a bigger picture.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic