Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

More Brilliance From the Middle Class

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Turkeytop

More Brilliance From the Middle Class

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:34 pm

Setting off fireworks in tinder dry California starts wildfire. Nice move assholes.

What the Hell is a gender reveal party? Didn't they used to call that "coming out of the closet?"
Gender-reveal party culprit in massive California wildfire: officials

A firework at a gender-reveal party triggered a wildfire in southern California that’s scorched more than 7,000 acres and forced hundreds of residents to flee their homes, local fire officials said.

The fire was caused by a “smoke-generating pyrotechnic device” used at a party Saturday morning in El Dorado Ranch Park in Yucaipa, about 140 kilometres east of Los Angeles, the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection (Cal Fire) said on Sunday.

“The fire spread from the park to the north on to Yucaipa Ridge that separates Mountain Home Village and Forest Falls from the City of Yucaipa,” Cal Fire officials said in a press release.

“With the dry conditions and critical fire weather, it doesn’t take much to start a wildfire. Those responsible for starting fires due to negligence or illegal activity can be held financially and criminally responsible,” the statement said.

The fire has since destroyed 7,050 acres and prompted several cities to issue evacuations orders. More than 500 people have been deployed to fight the fire, along with 60 fire engines and four helicopters, according to the Cal Fire website.

As of Monday, only five per cent of the blaze has been contained, the website also stated.

California has seen 900 wildfires since Aug. 15, many of them started by an intense series of thousands of lightning strikes. The blazes have burned more than 1.5 million acres and there have been eight deaths blamed on the fires and nearly 3,300 structures destroyed.

This is not the first time a gender-reveal party has prompted a fire.

In April 2017, a gender-reveal stunt caused a fire Green Valley, Ariz., which torched nearly 47,000 acres and caused more than $8 million in damage.

Dennis Dickey, 37, of Tucson, pleaded guilty in September to a misdemeanour charge in connection with the Sawmill Fire. The off-duty border patrol agent said he was trying to surprise his family with the gender of his wife’s unborn child.

In October 2019, a 56-year-old woman in Iowa died after a gender-reveal announcement resulted in an explosion. The investigation found the woman was struck by a flying piece of debris from the explosion.

Authorities say the family was “experimenting with different types of explosive material” in order to create something that would capture attention on social media.
https://globalnews.ca/news/7320113/gend ... alifornia/

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Rate This

Re: More Brilliance From the Middle Class

Post by Rate This » Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:03 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:34 pm
Setting off fireworks in tinder dry California starts wildfire. Nice move assholes.

What the Hell is a gender reveal party? Didn't they used to call that "coming out of the closet?"
Gender-reveal party culprit in massive California wildfire: officials

A firework at a gender-reveal party triggered a wildfire in southern California that’s scorched more than 7,000 acres and forced hundreds of residents to flee their homes, local fire officials said.

The fire was caused by a “smoke-generating pyrotechnic device” used at a party Saturday morning in El Dorado Ranch Park in Yucaipa, about 140 kilometres east of Los Angeles, the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection (Cal Fire) said on Sunday.

“The fire spread from the park to the north on to Yucaipa Ridge that separates Mountain Home Village and Forest Falls from the City of Yucaipa,” Cal Fire officials said in a press release.

“With the dry conditions and critical fire weather, it doesn’t take much to start a wildfire. Those responsible for starting fires due to negligence or illegal activity can be held financially and criminally responsible,” the statement said.

The fire has since destroyed 7,050 acres and prompted several cities to issue evacuations orders. More than 500 people have been deployed to fight the fire, along with 60 fire engines and four helicopters, according to the Cal Fire website.

As of Monday, only five per cent of the blaze has been contained, the website also stated.

California has seen 900 wildfires since Aug. 15, many of them started by an intense series of thousands of lightning strikes. The blazes have burned more than 1.5 million acres and there have been eight deaths blamed on the fires and nearly 3,300 structures destroyed.

This is not the first time a gender-reveal party has prompted a fire.

In April 2017, a gender-reveal stunt caused a fire Green Valley, Ariz., which torched nearly 47,000 acres and caused more than $8 million in damage.

Dennis Dickey, 37, of Tucson, pleaded guilty in September to a misdemeanour charge in connection with the Sawmill Fire. The off-duty border patrol agent said he was trying to surprise his family with the gender of his wife’s unborn child.

In October 2019, a 56-year-old woman in Iowa died after a gender-reveal announcement resulted in an explosion. The investigation found the woman was struck by a flying piece of debris from the explosion.

Authorities say the family was “experimenting with different types of explosive material” in order to create something that would capture attention on social media.
https://globalnews.ca/news/7320113/gend ... alifornia/
Mom and dad have a party and do something clever to reveal whether it’s a boy or a girl. Just remember humans will do anything to have a party.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:07 pm

Rate This wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:03 pm

Mom and dad have a party and do something clever to reveal whether it’s a boy or a girl. Just remember humans will do anything to have a party.

Oh. And all their middle class friends are just holding their breath from the suspense of not knowing.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:23 am

Now that they've lost their homes, I wonder how they and all their middle class friends are enjoying life at the homeless shelter.
Last edited by Turkeytop on Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:32 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:23 am
Now that they've all lost their homes, I wonder how all their middle class friends are enjoying life at the homeless shelter.
Already redecorating.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:33 am

I hope they were able to take with them some of their clothing with the brand labels on the outside, The other residents at the shelter could then recognize their middle class status.

The brand name sunglasses will be kind of useless with all the smoke in the air. But they can still wear them on the top of their head, like they often do.

UP906

Post by UP906 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:02 pm

Jealousy is an ugly look. The fact that you are so bitter that you will make fun of these people's unfortunate situation is revealing.

Good thing your opinions aren't worth a pint of piss.

Thread Killer

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:32 pm

UP906 wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:02 pm
Jealousy is an ugly look. The fact that you are so bitter that you will make fun of these people's unfortunate situation is revealing.

Good thing your opinions aren't worth a pint of piss.
Yes it's really unfortunate that these middle class liberals feel so self important they have to set off fireworks to announce to the awaiting world, the gender of their fetus.

tigerwings

Post by tigerwings » Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:57 pm

Not everyone in California is liberal (just seems like like it). This area is east of the inland empire, and state reps are by republicans.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:21 pm

tigerwings wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:57 pm
Not everyone in California is liberal (just seems like like it). This area is east of the inland empire, and state reps are by republicans.
Anybody as dumb as that couple has to be liberal.

UP906

Post by UP906 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:28 pm

Canadian immigrants no doubt.

Thread Killer

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:10 pm

UP906 wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:28 pm
Canadian immigrants no doubt.
The story didn't mention that detail.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:18 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:21 pm
tigerwings wrote:
It’s a pretty popular thing among middle class professionals... they could just as easily have been Christian conservatives... it’s an excuse to have a party is all.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:42 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:18 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:21 pm
tigerwings wrote:
It’s a pretty popular thing among middle class professionals... they could just as easily have been Christian conservatives... it’s an excuse to have a party is all.

Christian conservatives partying? I thought they would be against that kind of thing.

Oh right. I forgot about the Falwells.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:49 am

If a ban on outdoor fires, fireworks, etc. was in effect at the time, the perpetrators should be prosecuted and forced to pay restitution.

I agree with Turkeytop; these people are complete assholes.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic