Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

A Silver Lining

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
km1125

Re: A Silver Lining

Post by km1125 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:00 am

The "hate crime" thing is complete bullshit. Charge him with destruction of property but lets get rid of the mind control laws.

Sooooo, it's been a month since all the bikers met up in South Dakota. Have they started dropping like flies since none of them were wearing masks?

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:25 am

km1125 wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:00 am
The "hate crime" thing is complete bullshit. Charge him with destruction of property but lets get rid of the mind control laws.

Sooooo, it's been a month since all the bikers met up in South Dakota. Have they started dropping like flies since none of them were wearing masks?
Sturgis rally may have caused more than 250,000 new coronavirus cases, study finds

Economists researching the cost of a “superspreading event” estimate that the public health price tag of Sturgis could be more than $12.2 billion.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/st ... s-n1239577

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:45 am

R Bedell wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:30 am
NBC News may have tried an attempt to be non-biased but failed.

Calvert DeForest

Post by Calvert DeForest » Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:03 pm

I think it's a bit prejudice to assume that the actions of a few bad apples define a whole group. How many bikers just want to ride their Harley's and have no interest in stirring up shit? What about the biker groups that engage in charity and raise money for various worthwhile causes? We don't hear much about them, probably because they don't fit the Jack Nicholson Easy Rider image of the stereotypical rabbel-rousing biker. I was raised in an era where prejudice and stereotypes were things to overcome. Now it seems such things are back in vogue. I can't keep up!

Shortwave is the ORIGINAL satellite radio.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:56 pm

What about all the Harley riders, every one of them who disturb the entire neighbourhood with their noise? The Japanese have figured out how to make quiet machines. Harley could do it too. But the Harley owners want to be loud and obnoxious.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:11 pm

R Bedell wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:57 pm
Maybe because Harley's are for men, and the Jap bikes are for boys.
And they have to prove their manliness by being filthy, disgusting, loud and obnoxious.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:01 pm

R Bedell wrote:
I've been told, by a close female friend, that the vast majority of Corvette's and Harley's are sold to men with small penises.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:21 pm

Bryce wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:01 pm

I've been told, by a close female friend, that the vast majority of Corvette's and Harley's are sold to men with small penises.

Their insecurity feels even worse when they can't see their little weenie beneath the folds of their fat belly.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:56 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:56 pm
What about all the Harley riders, every one of them who disturb the entire neighbourhood with their noise? The Japanese have figured out how to make quiet machines. Harley could do it too. But the Harley owners want to be loud and obnoxious.
I think it's to keep deer away and let's cars know they are there.

Motorcycles are crude devices. Outmoded long ago.

My car gets better MPG and I can seat 5.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:39 pm

audiophile wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:56 pm

My car gets better MPG and I can seat 5.

Would you remove the muffler from your car, just to make it sound more manly?

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:39 am

After it fell off, I straight-piped it.

Actually when fell off I hardly could tell except the whistle of the turbo was quite noticeable.

The turbo smooths out the exhaust pulses.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:25 pm

Bidet wrote:
These Harley owners were very manly.

The waitress who dared defy the bikers

Hélène Brunet sits in a café with her back to the door, a gutsy move for someone on a public crusade against the Hells Angels and other ruthless biker gangs.

"I'm not intimidated," the 32-year-old waitress said. "How can you be afraid after you've had four bullets pumped into you? I came so close to death, nothing scares me any more."

Ms. Brunet limps and purplish bullet wounds scar her right leg. A little over a year ago, she was serving a pair of customers in a Montreal restaurant when a man burst in and opened fire.

Suddenly, Ms. Brunet became an unwilling participant in Quebec's treacherous biker wars. As the gunman started shooting, one of the customers grabbed her by the shoulders and turned her into his human shield, she said.

She fell to the ground and felt the searing heat of bullets rip through her body. Her tibia shattered. Blood began to pool around her.

"I thought it was all over," she said. "I was going to die."

But she survived and spent a month in hospital, much of it under 24-hour police guard. Then Ms. Brunet did what no one has done before: She set out to hold the criminal underworld accountable.

Since the shooting, Ms. Brunet has spoken out against biker gangs and filed a $500,000 lawsuit against Normand Descôteaux, the man she accuses of grabbing her. This week, at the annual meeting in Quebec City of the National Association of Professional Police, Ms. Brunet called for better protection for the victims of organized crime.

"You don't fire on innocent people," she said in an interview. "But these people are firing in our streets. They're firing in our restaurants. They're destroying our lives. There have already been victims and there are going to be more."

Most of the more than 160 people killed in biker hostilities in Quebec since 1994 had links to the criminal underworld.

But the battles have also killed or maimed more than 20 innocent victims, from an 11-year-old boy killed by car-bomb shrapnel to two prison guards ambushed on their way home. Last September, Journal de Montréal reporter Michel Auger was shot in a parking lot after writing an exposé on biker activity. He survived five bullets.

"The biker war is a problem for all society," he said. "People say it's not important because it's just criminals fighting criminals. But there are 20 of us who can say that that's simply not the case."

Ms. Brunet was dragged into the bloodbath while working at the Eggstra! restaurant in north-end Montreal. On July 7, 2000, at around 9:30 a.m., she spotted a rough-hewn customer slowly eating a fruit salad.

He was an unmistakable bacon-and-eggs man, she thought. She became suspicious and kept an eye on him. At another table, she says, a man sat alone: Mr. Descôteaux. He was joined by a man identified as Robert Savard, a loan shark and reputed confidant of Maurice (Mom) Boucher, the notorious biker kingpin.

Once Mr. Savard sat down, the man with the fruit salad picked up his cellphone, she recalls.

Soon, a brazen hit was under way in broad daylight in a crowded family-style restaurant.

A man appeared in the doorway and pulled on a pair of black gloves. He yanked on a facemask. He pulled out a gun.

"I said to myself, this is a joke," Ms. Brunet recalled. "This is something you see in the movies. Or in the United States. But not here."

Mr. Savard was fatally shot in the back of the head and slumped forward onto the table. Then, according to Ms. Brunet's claim, Mr. Descôteaux seized her from behind.

She said she tried to break free, but the two fell to the ground.

"I was used like an object. I was no more important than a table."

As she recovered in hospital, Ms. Brunet decided to attack the attackers. She contacted 10 lawyers before finding someone willing to represent her in her lawsuit. She receives worker's compensation and, between physiotherapy and psychotherapy sessions, she tries to publicize the insidious effects of the biker turf war.

"It's the principle. It's a question of justice. I have always believed you never hurt others," she said.

She speaks out in the media and wants to apply to become a police officer. After addressing the police group this week, she met Quebec Public Security Minister Serge Ménard and the Liberal public-security critic, MNA Jacques Dupuis.

"She's been the victim of the war between the Hells Angels and other groups, and she's an innocent victim," said Mr. Dupuis, a former Crown prosecutor. "She deserves her day in court, and she's got a lot of courage."

Mr. Descôteaux, who was also struck by five bullets in the armed attack, has sought a motion to dismiss Ms. Brunet's lawsuit. His lawyer, Michel Héroux, said yesterday that the contention that his client used the waitress as a human shield was "an invention of the police."

In a separate matter, Mr. Descôteaux faces 13 criminal charges including extortion, uttering death threats, charging criminal interest rates and possessing a prohibited weapon, a 9 mm Glock pistol. Contrary to Ms. Brunet's claim, Mr. Descôteaux is not a sympathizer of the Hells Angels, Mr. Héroux said.
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/na ... le1033103/

Montreal is 2462 KM from Niceville

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:20 pm

R Bedell wrote:
This biker is very manly. Kills doge with his own feet.

Report: Man arrested for sucker-punching victim

Wichita falls Police arrested a suspect after he allegedly sucker-punched a victim at a bar.

According to the affidavit;

On Thursday, shortly before midnight, police officers were sent to the Silver Dollar Saloon, located on Old Iowa Park Road, for an assault.

The victim told them an unknown male punched him several times in the face. A witness told the officers the victim had been talking to a female at the bar who was the girlfriend of a "biker.”

The victim was asked to leave numerous times by bikers but refused to leave. The witness said while the victim was sitting alone at the bar, a man known to him as Matthew Miser sucker-punched the victim in the face, knocking him to the ground.

The witness said he pulled Miser away from the victim before he fled the bar. The officers noted the victim's injuries but were unable to locate Miser.

A warrant was issued and police arrested and charged him with Assault Causing Bodily Injury. A witness described Miser as a frequent customer at the bar and said he has seen him on the news lately.

Miser made the news in June and July after he allegedly killed a dog in Iowa Park, and was charged with indecency with a child, bestiality.

According to court records filed Thursday, a Wichita County grand jury indicted Miser on one count of cruelty to a non-livestock animal in connection with an incident June 22 and two counts of fraudulent use or possession of identifying information in connection with incidents on May 11 and July 2 incident.

Miser is accused of killing a dog by kicking it in the abdomen, according to the animal cruelty indictment.

His bond was set at $20,000 by a judge.
https://www.timesrecordnews.com/story/n ... 830154002/

Wichitaw Falls is 846 miles from Niceville.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:54 pm

Some more encouraging news.
Missouri biker fest draws tens of thousands to Lake of Ozarks despite 'super spreader' concerns

The event has been compared to the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally in South Dakota last month

An estimated 125,000 people have come to Missouri’s Lake of the Ozarks over the past week to attend an annual biker festival that was held despite concerns the event could turn into a “super spreader” amid the coronavirus pandemic.

The 14th annual Bikefest Lake of the Ozarks spanned from Wednesday to Sunday in the popular Missouri resort area. Photos circulated online showed many maskless partygoers crowding bars and concert venues during one of the largest motorcycle rallies in the Midwest.

More than 300 bars and restaurants were involved in the festival, which also featured more than 50 live music and entertainment shows, according to the event's website.

Bikers traveled from as far away as North Carolina and Ohio to attend the festivities, KY3 reported. It comes after a similar event – the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally – attracted some 430,000 visitors to the small South Dakota town of just about 7,000 people.

A controversial report released by the Center for Health Economics & Policy Studies at San Diego State University categorized that biker rally as a “superspreader” event, estimating it was responsible for more than 260,000 coronavirus cases across the country. The report was rejected by city and state officials, who noted that it had not been peer-reviewed before its release.

In Missouri, Lake of the Ozarks Mayor Gerry Murawski told the Kansas City Star that despite the negative attention from some national media, local businesses, especially hotels and condo owners, welcomed the influx of tourists who rented out rooms to attend the fest.

“Somebody did a picture and we got some really bad press from TMZ and, you know, from all of the networks,” Murawski said. “For some reason after that, the floodgates opened… And I guess because of the national media, boy, we’re one of the winners in this COVID thing.”

Murawski said he meets with local health department officials once a week to monitor case numbers.

Missouri began lifting restrictions in June when there were just over 16,000 confirmed cases statewide. The state witnessed 1,795 new coronavirus cases as of Friday, the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services said in its latest update, raising the total number of cases statewide to at least 111,516. There have been at least 1,793 coronavirus-related deaths.
https://www.foxnews.com/us/missouri-lak ... us-sturgis

Lake of the Ozarks is 786 miles from Niceville.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:03 pm

Police: 1 shot and killed, 7 wounded at Iowa biker gathering

Associated Press SEPTEMBER 26, 2020 — 8:04PM

WATERLOO, Iowa — Gunfire erupted early Saturday at a gathering of motorcycle clubs in Iowa, killing one person and wounding seven others, authorities said.

About 100 people were at the gathering inside a building in Waterloo when there was "some kind of confrontation shortly after 3 a.m., Joel Fitzgerald, the police chief of the city about 90 miles (145 kilometers) northeast of Des Moines, said at a news conference.

Officers were nearby at a traffic stop when the shooting started, said Capt. Joe Leibold with the Waterloo Police Department. They arrived to find a chaotic scene, with people hurt and others fleeing the area, and they began administering aid as paramedics and firefighters pulled up.

“It was a pretty dynamic scene,” said Battalion Chief Ben Petersen with Waterloo Fire Rescue. “Coming into something like that, you are trying to size up the patients and triage the scene.”

Nearby police officers heard the gunfire and responded within seconds, Fitzgerald said. Eight people had gunshot wounds and one of them later died. Four other people were hurt by broken glass or other debris while fleeing.

The gathering wasn't authorized and investigators were trying to determine who leased the building, Fitzgerald said at a news conference. Investigators are still trying to determine whether there was more than one shooter and no arrests have been made in the shooting.

Leibold said police do not believe it was a random act and the public is not in danger.

Three people were arrested after officers responded to a disorderly conduct call outside the emergency room at MercyOne Waterloo Medical Center, where some of the victims were taken, the Waterloo-Cedar Falls Courier reported.
https://www.startribune.com/police-1-sh ... 572552061/

Waterloo is 1078 miles from Niceville.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic