Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

So long, and thanks for all the fish...

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Deleted User 12047

So long, and thanks for all the fish...

Post by Deleted User 12047 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:10 pm

After a lot of thought and consideration, I’ve decided to delete my account here on the Buzzboard and stop participating. I’m not sure what happens to old posts once an account is deleted, so I will wait until Friday (8/4) to allow all of you who wish to comment (or rant, or cuss, or whatever) and I will do my best to read all of them before then. But this is my last ever post.

First, thanks for MW for taking the time and effort to do this. It has been a good method of relaying information about “the business” (which is my business, I’m a radio professional) here in Michigan and across the country. I know this is not free and you need to protect yourself, but c’mon with the H-U-G-E thing, don’t you think that’s over?

Second, while I’m giving up the opportunity to read about my business, I feel it’s necessary to get away from this particular part. of the Buzzboard. The Political Potpourri could and maybe at one time actually served a purpose in encouraging vibrant political discussions and debates. But today, in my mind, it’s jumped that shark and become a bathroom wall full of insults, slams, lies and cheap shots. Oh, I know I was warned this was not for the “intellectually weak” - it’s not the ridicule that bothers me, it’s the lack of the ability to actually make a valid presentation.. it’s depressing that almost every thread degenerates into name callings and memes with no attempt to support your view with actual facts or intelligent discussion.

Here’s my beef - on November 4th, no matter who you vote for and what you believe, all those people who voted the other way and believe the opposite will still be here. And will still advocate for their beliefs and ideas. It was the biggest mistake President Obama made in January 2013 - I can just imagine sneaking a Winston and thinking “Hey, I won this thing, I’ll just sit back and watch everything I want to happen happen.” It is so far one of the mistakes President Trump makes almost daily “Hey I’m in charge, do what I say or I’ll take my ball and go home”. And I’m sure it’s the same mistake President Elect 46 will make the same mistake 4 months or 4 years from now. The two most successful Presidents in my lifetime were Ronald Reagan and Bill Clinton. Both were bold enough to know that nothing happens without some support from the “other side” and both went out of their way to curry the favor of the party not in power. (Google and read the history of the relationship between President Reagan and House Speaker Tip O’Neill to see why you can’t compare the current President to Dutch.)

We live in a country where getting elected is more important that actually accomplishing anything. And to get elected, it’s better to insult and demean your competition to a level that doesn’t encourage them to work with you after election day. So nothing gets done.. NOTHING! (I could get into how I blame the two party system in America and we need to allow more parties to participate, but I’m tired.).

So, R Bedell, audiophile, TurkeyTop and screenglare, you can all argue with each other (and yourselves, as I believe most people here have more than one screen name - I do) from now on. Matt, TC Talks, Rate This and Mike Oxlong I admire your loyalty to your chosen positions (and lovinlife101, I really admire your passion to save babies, but question whether you do more than just yell about it thru your keyboard.) I might peek in Nov 5th to see how you’ve reacted to the results (if we have any) or Jan 20th (as Nancy Pelosi takes over due to the total breakdown of America’s election system). Have a great life...

EDIT - Since I promised this was my last post, I thought that an edit wouldn’t be breaking that promise -

audiophile - I chose screen names at random (except for LL101) so apologies for the slight
G G - thanks for the validation
Lester - The Nightfly was not his best, but still pretty good Donald Fagen. “what a glorious time to be free”.. And I’m really envious of that mic.
Last edited by Deleted User 12047 on Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

audiophile

Re: So long, and thanks for all the fish...

Post by audiophile » Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:35 pm

I do not have multiple screen names.

I don't think we ever had a bad discussion with each other, either.

I don't block anyone. I consider all viewpoints.

I am curious why you think I don't I have positions, LOL.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

G G

Post by G G » Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:40 pm

had to leave for a while as well. The libs here are unhinged social justice warriors who have no idea how the real world works. So they become indoctrinated and after awhile, educating them becomes tiresome.

Donald Trump was and is the best president this country has ever had. And he will return to glory as our leader again.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:02 pm

I might peek in Nov 5th to see how you’ve reacted to the results (if we have any) or Jan 20th (as Nancy Pelosi takes over due to the total breakdown of America’s election system). Have a great life...
The ultimate plot twist. :wink:

Safe travels through the mortal coil.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:52 pm

Radio Sucks wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:10 pm
After a lot of thought and consideration, I’ve decided to delete my account here on the Buzzboard and stop participating. I’m not sure what happens to old posts once an account is deleted, so I will wait until Friday (8/4) to allow all of you who wish to comment (or rant, or cuss, or whatever) and I will do my best to read all of them before then. But this is my last ever post.

First, thanks for MW for taking the time and effort to do this. It has been a good method of relaying information about “the business” (which is my business, I’m a radio professional) here in Michigan and across the country. I know this is not free and you need to protect yourself, but c’mon with the H-U-G-E thing, don’t you think that’s over?

Second, while I’m giving up the opportunity to read about my business, I feel it’s necessary to get away from this particular part. of the Buzzboard. The Political Potpourri could and maybe at one time actually served a purpose in encouraging vibrant political discussions and debates. But today, in my mind, it’s jumped that shark and become a bathroom wall full of insults, slams, lies and cheap shots. Oh, I know I was warned this was not for the “intellectually weak” - it’s not the ridicule that bothers me, it’s the lack of the ability to actually make a valid presentation.. it’s depressing that almost every thread degenerates into name callings and memes with no attempt to support your view with actual facts or intelligent discussion.

Here’s my beef - on November 4th, no matter who you vote for and what you believe, all those people who voted the other way and believe the opposite will still be here. And will still advocate for their beliefs and ideas. It was the biggest mistake President Obama made in January 2013 - I can just imagine sneaking a Winston and thinking “Hey, I won this thing, I’ll just sit back and watch everything I want to happen happen.” It is so far one of the mistakes President Trump makes almost daily “Hey I’m in charge, do what I say or I’ll take my ball and go home”. And I’m sure it’s the same mistake President Elect 46 will make the same mistake 4 months or 4 years from now. The two most successful Presidents in my lifetime were Ronald Reagan and Bill Clinton. Both were bold enough to know that nothing happens without some support from the “other side” and both went out of their way to curry the favor of the party not in power. (Google and read the history of the relationship between President Reagan and House Speaker Tip O’Neill to see why you can’t compare the current President to Dutch.)

We live in a country where getting elected is more important that actually accomplishing anything. And to get elected, it’s better to insult and demean your competition to a level that doesn’t encourage them to work with you after election day. So nothing gets done.. NOTHING! (I could get into how I blame the two party system in America and we need to allow more parties to participate, but I’m tired.).

So, R Bedell, audiophile, TurkeyTop and screenglare, you can all argue with each other (and yourselves, as I believe most people here have more than one screen name - I do) from now on. Matt, TC Talks, Rate This and Mike Oxlong I admire your loyalty to your chosen positions (and lovinlife101, I really admire your passion to save babies, but question whether you do more than just yell about it thru your keyboard.) I might peek in Nov 5th to see how you’ve reacted to the results (if we have any) or Jan 20th (as Nancy Pelosi takes over due to the total breakdown of America’s election system). Have a great life...

EDIT - Since I promised this was my last post, I thought that an edit wouldn’t be breaking that promise -

audiophile - I chose screen names at random (except for LL101) so apologies for the slight
G G - thanks for the validation
Lester - The Nightfly was not his best, but still pretty good Donald Fagen. “what a glorious time to be free”.. And I’m really envious of that mic.
I just came back here, but I wish you the best even though we interacted very little. I share your feelings that this has become a shit board. We had trolls here 10 years ago, but they now run the asylum.

A lot of legit posters left but are Facebook friends with me. Once COVID peters out, I will likely leave.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:38 pm

Pretty much right there with you RS. Posted something similar a few weeks ago and got vilified.

There is no discourse anymore because of the trolls. You dont have to name anyone...bedell, lucky, gg, UP...bring nothing to the site but insults and dumb memes. There are intelligent folks here on the "other side", but they are pretty much drowned out, which leads to what we got. MW doesn't give a shit, and most of the Trump guys refuse to speak an ill word about these idiots, sans Matt, so it has deteriorated to this.

I'm off to my mountain cabin for a week or so in a couple days and will definitely not even check this dumb site for a while.and very well might join you in not posting, at least in this forum.

Take care and good luck!

The censorship king from out of state.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:53 pm

I'm posting this here. Now watch. The next post after this will be someone attacking me and calling me a name.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:21 pm

So you're leaving because of Bidet's memes??? You've also mentioned that you have another account - are you deleting that too? What is said other account? TCSU? I'm still trying to find out who that is...

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:26 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:53 pm
I'm posting this here. Now watch. The next post after this will be someone attacking me and calling me a name.
So I was wrong. :razz

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:27 pm

You're a good dude, TT.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

hanson

Post by hanson » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:56 am

G G wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:40 pm
had to leave for a while as well. The libs here are unhinged social justice warriors who have no idea how the real world works. So they become indoctrinated and after awhile, educating them becomes tiresome.

looks like you are coming unglued, asshole

Deleted User 12047

Post by Deleted User 12047 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:14 pm

The past week of posts on this forum have done nothing but confirm my decision to drop out of this board. We will all still be here on Nov 5th, and the 10th, and Jan 20th... “can’t we all just get along?” It seems the answer is no. Take care...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic