Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Brandon Roux, is every day casual Friday?

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Lickalime

Brandon Roux, is every day casual Friday?

Post by Lickalime » Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:17 pm

Yes he is reporting from home and yes it's gotta suck to suit up, but come on Brandon Roux at least put in a tiny bit of effort.

He is doing the weather wearing a t-shirt and open plaid shirt. He looks like he stopped grilling and went on air. His delivery is super sloppy too. At least Ben Bailey wears a shirt and tie. Roux just looks super unprofessional.

km1125

Re: Brandon Roux, is every day casual Friday?

Post by km1125 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:08 pm

Probably because none of his professional clothes fit anymore. He might be going to a mumu soon. I think he's picked up more Covid lbs than anyone else on screen.

Tman

Post by Tman » Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:36 am

I find his physical gestures and vocal delivery very uncomfortable to watch .

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:07 am

The local stations did a really crappy job covering the flooding in real time yesterday morning. Little mention of which roadways were under water. M-59 between Mound Rd and Utica Rd was CLOSED; not sure if I heard more than a single mention when I was watching. Also, Woodward Ave. relatively close to my house was a gigantic lake.

My EAS emergency alert via Verizon for the flash flood warning never came even though my entire community and all communities adjacent to me were under the warning.

Lickalime

Post by Lickalime » Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:55 pm

Tman wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:36 am
Ah, so it's not just me who finds his delivery awkward. The other day I described Roux as the Bernie Smilovitz of weather. He's that bad.

Ben Bailey I can watch all day. Even Andrew Humphries (they might not get the forecast right ever, but their delivery is much better and they at least sound like they know what they're talking about)

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:07 am

Lickalime wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:55 pm
Tman wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:36 am
Ah, so it's not just me who finds his delivery awkward. The other day I described Roux as the Bernie Smilovitz of weather. He's that bad.

Ben Bailey I can watch all day. Even Andrew Humphries (they might not get the forecast right ever, but their delivery is much better and they at least sound like they know what they're talking about)
It is a bizarre experience to watch Brandon, with his weirdly tilted head and his vocal delivery in which he sounds like he is squeezing words out of a toothpaste tube. His obvious weight gain makes it even more awkward.

LouPerry

Post by LouPerry » Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:38 pm

When he came to town he was schooled on how to dress - guess he forgot. Really isn't hi fault, it's WDIV management letting him get away with small market presentation.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:58 pm

LouPerry wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:38 pm
When he came to town he was schooled on how to dress - guess he forgot. Really isn't hi fault, it's WDIV management letting him get away with small market presentation.
To quote Ray Ramano's father, "Holy Crap, I thought you died."

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

MrMitch

Post by MrMitch » Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:12 pm

Isn't in time for all the anchors to be back in the studio? It's been long enough to figure out how to keep people 6 feet apart.

jsf

Post by jsf » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:45 am

They can't be back in studio it's part of showing how much they truly care about each other and how much they care about the virus.(Sic)

Lickalime

Post by Lickalime » Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:19 pm

LouPerry wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:38 pm
Small market presentation? More like high school.

When I was at Specs Howard and studying Communication at Lawrence Tech, one major item stressed to us was dressing professionally. If we weren't dressed properly we would lose points. Can't be that hard to throw on a shirt and tie.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:37 am

I told my wife about this thread since she watches every morning. So she started paying attention. Today he had a tie on. I wonder if somebody checked out this thread.
:rollin

I no longer directly engage trolls

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic