Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

SiriusXM’s Sonny Fox has passed away

A place to discuss programming, content sources & aggregator web sites, hardware, and all things related to emerging audio programming distribution technologies.
Big-D

SiriusXM’s Sonny Fox has passed away

Post by Big-D » Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:11 am

Sonny Fox, the host of Raw Dog Comedy on SiriusXM, passed away at his home in Florida on Friday at the age of 73. Fox grew up in the Grand Rapids area and fronted his own band called Jay Walker and the Jayhawkers. He started in radio in Saginaw, then worked in Toronto, Los Angeles, and Philadelphia before becoming a morning show mainstay in Florida from the 1970s to the 1990s.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/ ... 83440.html

Southpaws airs Saturday nights at 11:00 on Global Community Radio Channel 1; weekly on Pacifica Radio affiliates KCEI-FM 90.1, Taos, NM; KZGM-FM 88.1, Cabool, MO; WMTB-LP 96.7, St. Petersburg, FL. Available on Spreaker, Apple Podcasts, & Pandora.

originalzzmfmjock

Re: SiriusXM’s Sonny Fox has passed away

Post by originalzzmfmjock » Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:20 pm

Sonny Fox aka Jay Walker worked at WGRD Grand Rapids from 1968-70. First doing the morning show in '68 and moving to afternoons in '69. With his sidekick George Gump (kind of a Jim Shorts type charachter before there was a Jim Shorts)
He also was lead singer for the Jay Hawkers on their minor 1966 Michigan hit of To Have A Love (As Sweet As You). There was another group he was allegedly associated with the "Jay Walker Effort" and a song called "Paper Dolls", but when a friend of mine spoke with him a few years ago, he said he wasn't associated with that group. I never met the man, but listened to him a lot when he was on GRD. One of the hardest working and entertaining jocks ever to grace the airwaves in Grand Rapids. May he R.I.P.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic