Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Whitmer: "Do what I say, not what I do"

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Rate This

Re: Whitmer: "Do what I say, not what I do"

Post by Rate This » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:55 pm

zzand wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:33 pm
There are lots of jobs available. Not just entry level either. In my area trades like welders are in high demand, the Honda and GM plant are both hiring along with damn near every restaurant and store.
How many people are welders that can be hired NOW and not in however long it takes to learn and be certified for that? My guess is not many...

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:27 pm

Rate This wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:55 pm
How many people are welders that can be hired NOW and not in however long it takes to learn and be certified for that? My guess is not many...
To tell ya the truth, and I think those who have worked in a plant may agree with me, welding would not take long to learn enough to dazzle and baffle your way into a good job. First load up on YouTube videos, then go to a weld shop and offer to work there and learn in exchange for sweeping and cleaning the shop for free.

Same with driving a forklift. Watch a few YouTube videos about operating and safety, and find a shop with a forklift.
Offer to work for free as a shop hand in exchange for learning how to move pallets and boxes and stuff.
Dazzle and baffle yourself into a better paying job driving a forklift somewhere else.

My very first job after high school was the assembly line at GM. I had worked since I was 15 with a wheelbarrow and a pitchfork and broom cleaning a machine shop in Southfield. So I knew how to drive a forklift. When I got out of school, all my friends were flipping burgers. I'm 3 months out of high school and making more money than my dad.
The job I had at GM had nothing to do with forklifts, but knowing how to drive one is what got my foot in the door.

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:44 pm

Liberal Protest and the Corona passes you by like you are bulletproof, anything else and it is the curse of Death.

hanson

Post by hanson » Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:54 pm

G G wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:41 pm
+1!!!!!!!!!!!
Well, well, the king of hipocracy speaks

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:26 pm

The men in the front row should be wearing masks and are total imbeciles for not doing so.

If health issues prevent them from wearing masks, they sure as hell shouldn't be kneeling shoulder-to-shoulder with other individuals.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:49 pm

Mr.Transistor wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:44 pm

Liberal Protest and the Corona passes you by like you are bulletproof, anything else and it is the curse of Death.
That's Bishop Ellis on the right and Reverend Rideout on the left. Completely irresponsible especially because Bishop Ellis is the pastor of Greater Grace Temple, the biggest church in Detroit.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic