Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Road commissioner uses N-word

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Re: Road commissioner uses N-word

Post by TC Talks » Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:53 pm

He quit, as all small minded subhuman racists do.

He also lost his contract with the Coop for his crops, and has been asked not to return to most businesses in the county. I heard he had to drive 22 minutes to fill his gas tank. Grumpy's told him to piss off.

He will continue to be punished by the citizens of the county for at least a year.

Three cheers for decency.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:10 am

It's the context.

African Americans use it as an irreverent colloquialism.

Pieces of human garbage such as the man in Leelanau County spew the term as a vicious insult.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:03 am

The way in which Papa John's founder was railroaded by his own board of directors was flat out sick and cruel.

There had to have been an ulterior motive, in my opinion.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:39 am

This farmer was an overly entitled white man who needed to re-learn his place in the world.

From my observation, many farmers who employ migrant workers are quite racist. Some friends opened a JFON office because of the abuses that were occuring in Leelanau County.

The only rare thing about this guy is that he opened his mouth and didn't keep his deplorable behavior to himself. Now the county will likely go through ABAR training, and it's about time.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:52 am

JFON was actually invited by the larger farms. See, Americans won't pay a living wage to farm workers, so there is a big demand for migrant labor. If an area develops a reputation for being hostile, no more labor. This happened 6 years ago in our region, fruit rotted on the trees or went uncollected.

Migrant workers are very hard workers but they demand good living conditions, access to healthcare and market wages. JFON is an added protection that makes our area more desirable.

Shitty employers just struggle if they can't take care of those who make their business functional.

Ask the Taco Bell, Denny's and McDonalds in our area. They also have had to cut hours because of their poor reputation.

― Noam Chomsky

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:58 pm

Mcdonald's starts at $12 here. They can't find anyone. Living wage is about $18, high school kids won't work for less than $15 usually.

Farm work is piece work, it can range from $10 - $22 depending on how well one can perform.

― Noam Chomsky

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:04 pm

Old Racist Tom will continue to pay for his stupidity... Our paper is calling for the community to continue to root out racism in public office. Tom is being made an example
Holding elected office comes with a bundle of sacrifices — time, stress and self interest to name a few.

Self interest is the one on display this week in Leelanau County. Tom Eckerle showed us all how not so serve the constituents who relied upon him to represent them while in office.

He reminded us that some people simply are unfit for office.

The experience also begs for introspection from us all. How we respond to those who casually seed conversations with racial slurs and other more covert racism matters.

Silence is support.
Record Eagle

― Noam Chomsky

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:20 pm

So could one of you lefties come up with a list of words, that when used, are an offense worthy of firing?

Would cocksucker make the list? How about Cracker? White boy? Whitey? Faggot? If I ask you to clean the floor Spic and Span? If I order a Negroni at the bar, should I be fired? If I buy a can of beans with frijoles negro on the label, am I getting fired? If I decide to act niggardly and tell people, shall I be fired?

If I put my finger in a dike? I guess I better not buy a pouch of Red Man chew. Blo-Pops will probably get me in trouble too, cross those of my list. The list of possibilities go on and on.

Will one of you lefties, for the love of God come up with a list so we know what the hell is OK and what isn't?

Try as I might I can't find a "right" to not be offended. Racist or not.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:42 pm

Since you are likely closer to death than most people. Knock yourself out and do what you choose. But just pay attention to what happens if you are honest to the world and not just a pack of largely hate-filled Trump supporters.

― Noam Chomsky

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:11 am

All the racists and homophobes here can go straight to hell. This board has really gotten to the bottom of the barrel.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:29 am

I haven't said much of anything here but since you brought it up 1 Kings 14:24 and Romans 1:26, 27 seem to be at odds with your new theology.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:46 am

audiophile wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:29 am
I haven't said much of anything here but since you brought it up 1 Kings 14:24 and Romans 1:26, 27 seem to be at odds with your new theology.
I boy here's where it gets fun...

John 13:34 and John 3:16 preach what YOU as a mortal man should be doing. These are in the New Testament which Christian followers of Jesus obey, yet here you are citing Kings.

ALSO in both, it is THE LORD who takes action not a mere hateful nit in rural Michigan. Your job is to love your fellow man, which you seems to chose not to do repeatedly.

― Noam Chomsky

Deleted User 24

Post by Deleted User 24 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:46 am

"Biblical scholar" is one of my favorite oxymorons.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:27 pm

Would cocksucker make the list? How about Cracker? White boy? Whitey? Faggot?
Are you suggesting the Leelanau County road commission member is anything other than a vile individual?

At my company, use of any racist or sexual identity insult in the workplace will get you fired in a heartbeat. I think most people have enough common sense to figure out which terms not to use in a professional setting.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:37 pm

audiophile wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:29 am
1 Kings 14:24 related to Jewish law.

For Romans, do an exegetical study on it, and you will find that Paul was referring to the pagans who used sex acts as a way to appease the Roman gods. Secondly, the word homosexual did not appear in the Bible until the 1940's.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic