Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Road commissioner uses N-word

Miss the posts from your favorite flame artist or troll who added little to no value to the Buzzboard? Read 'em here!
lovinlife101

Road commissioner uses N-word

Post by lovinlife101 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:07 pm

It’ll be interesting to see how this plays out.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/ ... 310762001/

lovinlife101

Re: Road commissioner uses N-word

Post by lovinlife101 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:12 pm

And for the record, I disagree with the commissioner.

I do not believe it’s the fault of the niggers in Detroit. I point all the blame at the dumb Dems.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:07 am

Yet, when black people say “nigger,” you have no problem with it.

Interesting.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:45 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:10 am
It's the context.

African Americans use it as an irreverent colloquialism.

Pieces of human garbage such as the man in Leelanau County spew the term as a vicious insult.
No question the commissioner meant it as a derogatory term, but there is favoritism, inconsistency, and hypocrisy regarding who is being judged by saying it.

Most black people are given a pass who say it in any context.

Most white people are judged ferociously for using it in any context, just ask the former owner of Papa Johns.

But when Bill Cosby criticized blacks for using the term, blacks called Bill Cosby “white.” Now that’s insulting. Granted, Cosby was drugging and raping women at the time, but most people didn’t know that.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:44 am

TC Talks wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:39 am
This farmer was an overly entitled white man who needed to re-learn his place in the world.

From my observation, many farmers who employ migrant workers are quite racist. Some friends opened a JFON office because of the abuses that were occuring in Leelanau County.

The only rare thing about this guy is that he opened his mouth and didn't keep his deplorable behavior to himself. Now the county will likely go through ABAR training, and it's about time.
Why did you point out the man’s race? Why does it matter?

Those who employ non-whites are the most non-racists of the bunch. What have you done for them? Oh, that’s right, nothing. You would advocate for them to be unemployed.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:32 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:52 am
JFON was actually invited by the larger farms. See, Americans won't pay a living wage to farm workers, so there is a big demand for migrant labor. If an area develops a reputation for being hostile, no more labor. This happened 6 years ago in our region, fruit rotted on the trees or went uncollected.

Migrant workers are very hard workers but they demand good living conditions, access to healthcare and market wages. JFON is an added protection that makes our area more desirable.

Shitty employers just struggle if they can't take care of those who make their business functional.

Ask the Taco Bell, Denny's and McDonalds in our area. They also have had to cut hours because of their poor reputation.
You think minimum wage is a living wage?

:rollin :rollin :rollin

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:34 am

Bryce wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:20 pm
So could one of you lefties come up with a list of words, that when used, are an offense worthy of firing?

Would cocksucker make the list? How about Cracker? White boy? Whitey? Faggot? If I ask you to clean the floor Spic and Span? If I order a Negroni at the bar, should I be fired? If I buy a can of beans with frijoles negro on the label, am I getting fired? If I decide to act niggardly and tell people, shall I be fired?

If I put my finger in a dike? I guess I better not buy a pouch of Red Man chew. Blo-Pops will probably get me in trouble too, cross those of my list. The list of possibilities go on and on.

Will one of you lefties, for the love of God come up with a list so we know what the hell is OK and what isn't?

Try as I might I can't find a "right" to not be offended. Racist or not.
No words should ever be illegal.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic