Registrations in the queue through August 2 at 8:45a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

97.1

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
User avatar
MWmetalhead
Site Admin
Posts: 4071
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:23 am

Re: 97.1

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:59 am

I see. So when the baseball season was postponed, Shep evidently decided to return to his morning show. Thanks for the info.


Caroline Beasley is ruining WRIF. What a bitch!!!

Sgt. Sackto
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 5:17 pm

Re: 97.1

Post by Sgt. Sackto » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:28 pm

New low? Mike Valenti making fun of old people as I write this even saying "the old people don't even realize they are being trolled." Just classy radio a the way around.



User avatar
lidoshuffle
Posts: 99
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:58 pm

Re: 97.1

Post by lidoshuffle » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:33 pm

Yup, bad post on my part, thanks for all the wake up calls...my sincere apologies
Last edited by lidoshuffle on Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.



JLesinski
Posts: 228
Joined: Sat May 25, 2019 11:43 pm

Re: 97.1

Post by JLesinski » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:21 pm

lidoshuffle wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:33 pm
They will have to eventually replace Jamie on the mornings, the way the on-air people have spoken about him recently, it looks as if Jamie is succumbing to the cancer he has, it sounded like an eulogy Tuesday and Wed morning about him....no mention that he is beating it, no mentions of any optimistic prognosis or any treatment is working...
I hope thats not the case. He always seemed like a decent guy.



Mega Hertz
Posts: 1106
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:09 pm
Location: Brighton

Re: 97.1

Post by Mega Hertz » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:42 pm

lidoshuffle wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:33 pm
They will have to eventually replace Jamie on the mornings, the way the on-air people have spoken about him recently, it looks as if Jamie is succumbing to the cancer he has, it sounded like an eulogy Tuesday and Wed morning about him....no mention that he is beating it, no mentions of any optimistic prognosis or any treatment is working...
I hope you're wrong. I really do. I know he catches shit about being "vanilla" but he really is a great guy. When he was with Greater Media we'd always sit and shoot the shit about what was happening in sports. He has kids, man. I hope and pray he beats this. Godspeed.


"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

joe60
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:22 am

Re: 97.1

Post by joe60 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:00 pm

lidoshuffle wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:33 pm
They will have to eventually replace Jamie on the mornings, the way the on-air people have spoken about him recently, it looks as if Jamie is succumbing to the cancer he has, it sounded like an eulogy Tuesday and Wed morning about him....no mention that he is beating it, no mentions of any optimistic prognosis or any treatment is working...
I think this is a terrible and badly timed post. The guy is fighting for his life and for all you know might read this board



bennietheblade
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:23 pm

Re: 97.1

Post by bennietheblade » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:15 am

100% agree with joe60. What an unnecessary post. Show some respect.



User avatar
lidoshuffle
Posts: 99
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:58 pm

Re: 97.1

Post by lidoshuffle » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:56 am

bennietheblade wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:15 am
100% agree with joe60. What an unnecessary post. Show some respect.
Agreed, I should have worded it differently, I am just repeating what I have heard from the 97.1 on air voices and none of them sound optimistic...



selurzam
Posts: 54
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:52 pm

Re: 97.1

Post by selurzam » Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:10 pm

I heard 2 local douches this afternoon (Saturday). Never heard them before. It was horrid.



Daenerys
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri May 31, 2019 12:09 pm

Re: 97.1

Post by Daenerys » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:46 pm

lidoshuffle wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:56 am
bennietheblade wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:15 am
100% agree with joe60. What an unnecessary post. Show some respect.
Agreed, I should have worded it differently, I am just repeating what I have heard from the 97.1 on air voices and none of them sound optimistic...
Heard that Jamie passed away this evening. Hope I heard wrong.



Matt
Posts: 2085
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:18 pm
Location: Ann Arbor

Re: 97.1

Post by Matt » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:14 pm

Daenerys wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:46 pm
lidoshuffle wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:56 am
bennietheblade wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:15 am
100% agree with joe60. What an unnecessary post. Show some respect.
Agreed, I should have worded it differently, I am just repeating what I have heard from the 97.1 on air voices and none of them sound optimistic...
Heard that Jamie passed away this evening. Hope I heard wrong.
Unfortunately, I don't think you have: https://mobile.twitter.com/bobwojnowski ... 9076856838



Mega Hertz
Posts: 1106
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:09 pm
Location: Brighton

Re: 97.1

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:41 pm

Dan Leach posted something very heartfelt a little while ago, too. I've got a bad feeling about this. Thinking of his family right now.


"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Matt
Posts: 2085
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:18 pm
Location: Ann Arbor

Re: 97.1

Post by Matt » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:50 pm




non-anon bob
Posts: 128
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:41 pm
Location: South Lyon

Re: 97.1

Post by non-anon bob » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:52 pm

BREAKING NEWS: 08/01/20 9:50pm: RIP, Jamie https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A ... Q5oxnCs7HA


...and NOW, Ladies & Gentlemen...The Next Poster!
...CKLW, the Motor City...

RadioDork1
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:08 pm

Re: 97.1

Post by RadioDork1 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:54 pm

R.I.P. Condolences to his family and friends



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic