Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Trump's Anonymous Federal Agents

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Trump's Anonymous Federal Agents

Post by TC Talks » Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:03 pm

Which conspiracy theory nuts kept spouting that the Liberals are going to have unnamed federal agents dragging people away for their unpopular opinions? That is exactly what Donald Trump is doing this week in the United States.

We will soon face a dilemma where local police will be protecting protesters from federal agents with no identification.

I can't wait when the tables are turned. I look forward to you being dragged out from your mom's basement kicking and screaming because of your unpopular opinions. Donald J Trump has set a precedent. You better start making friends with the ACLU, you'll need them.
The arrival of a more aggressive federal presence came after President Trump, who at one point called on states to “dominate” protesters, directed federal agencies to increase their presence to protect federal properties, including statues and monuments that have at times been the target of protesters. Mr. Trump said last week that he had sent personnel to Portland because “the locals couldn’t handle it.”

Gov. Kate Brown said in an interview that she believed that the protests were starting to ease before the federal officers waded into the scene. She said she had asked Mr. Wolf to keep federal agents off the streets but that he rejected the suggestion.

Mr. Wheeler, the mayor, said he got the same response. But he said he believed the unified local response could change the federal tactics and keep federal officers off the streets.

“I can’t recall a single instance where we have had federal, state and local officials all in alignment, saying the presence of federal troops in our city is harmful to our residents,” Mr. Wheeler said.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Bryce

Re: Trump's Anonymous Federal Agents

Post by Bryce » Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:10 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:03 pm
Which conspiracy theory nuts kept spouting that the Liberals are going to have unnamed federal agents dragging people away for their unpopular opinions? That is exactly what Donald Trump is doing this week in the United States.

We will soon face a dilemma where local police will be protecting protesters from federal agents with no identification.

I can't wait when the tables are turned. I look forward to you being dragged out from your mom's basement kicking and screaming because of your unpopular opinions. Donald J Trump has set a precedent. You better start making friends with the ACLU, you'll need them.
The arrival of a more aggressive federal presence came after President Trump, who at one point called on states to “dominate” protesters, directed federal agencies to increase their presence to protect federal properties, including statues and monuments that have at times been the target of protesters. Mr. Trump said last week that he had sent personnel to Portland because “the locals couldn’t handle it.”

Gov. Kate Brown said in an interview that she believed that the protests were starting to ease before the federal officers waded into the scene. She said she had asked Mr. Wolf to keep federal agents off the streets but that he rejected the suggestion.

Mr. Wheeler, the mayor, said he got the same response. But he said he believed the unified local response could change the federal tactics and keep federal officers off the streets.

“I can’t recall a single instance where we have had federal, state and local officials all in alignment, saying the presence of federal troops in our city is harmful to our residents,” Mr. Wheeler said.
You're looking at a tableau of reality, things of substance, of physical material: a monitor, a keyboard, a mouse. These things exist and have dimension.

Now this is TC Talks, age thirty-something, who also is real. He has flesh and blood, muscle and mind. But in just a moment we will see how thin a line separates that which we assume to be real with that manufactured inside of a mind.

Fed agencies use unmarked vehicles as the norm. They are arresting people committing federal crimes.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:11 pm

I didn't read where any have been arrested. I also didn't read where they were invited by any state leader. You like the Constitution, don't you Bryce?

I foresee Oregon State Police placing a fence around the two Federal buildings with all those anonymous fascist agents inside the fence. They really have no jurisdiction elsewhere in Portland.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:17 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:11 pm
I didn't read where any have been arrested. I also didn't read where they were invited by any state leader. You like the Constitution, don't you Bryce?
I'm not sure the federal government needs state permission to arrest or detain people who are committing federal crimes, destroying federal property, threatening federal law enforcement and supporting anarchist plans to overthrow the government.

As a matter of fact, under current law, someone suspected of terrorism can be held indefinitely. I would most certainly classify many taking part in the Petulance of Portland as terrorists.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:19 pm

TC Talks wrote:
I
I foresee Oregon State Police placing a fence around the two Federal buildings with all those anonymous fascist agents inside the fence.
Pretty sure you're on record saying walls and fences don't work....

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:25 pm

To establish a legal boundary they sure work. I'm glad to see that agents going after people for expressing their first amendment rights is something you are comfortable with. If this had been a Democrat can you imagine how many people would be losing their mind right now? I got to hand it to conservatives they know how to cry victim louder then the Democrats.

― Noam Chomsky

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:26 pm

Bryce wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:17 pm
TC Talks wrote:
I'm not sure the federal government needs state permission to arrest or detain people who are committing federal crimes, destroying federal property, threatening federal law enforcement and supporting anarchist plans to overthrow the government.

As a matter of fact, under current law, someone suspected of terrorism can be held indefinitely. I would most certainly classify many taking part in the Petulance of Portland as terrorists.
what we need is a fence to keep those federal agents on their federal property. And this is not terrorism, if it is then it won't be long before they start coming for some of the nut jobs you see posting on Facebook.

― Noam Chomsky

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:24 am

Bryce wrote:
TC Talks wrote:

They have been spotted doing this well away from there courthouse. It’s crystal clear the sovereignty of the state of Oregon is being violated.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:07 am

Rate This wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:24 am
Bryce wrote:
TC Talks wrote:

They have been spotted doing this well away from there courthouse. It’s crystal clear the sovereignty of the state of Oregon is being violated.
I can confirm that. The locations I've seen where people have been taken into custody have been a number of blocks away from the Federal Courthouse.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:00 am

So, I guess from your standpoint, if someone threatens to rob a bank, but manages to get several blocks away from that bank after they do so, they shouldn't be arrested?

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:00 am

TC Talks wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:25 pm
To establish a legal boundary they sure work. I'm glad to see that agents going after people for expressing their first amendment rights is something you are comfortable with.
Which part of the first amendment covers this?

After reading the first amendment again, I still don't understand which part covers this:

I just love how the same people who hate the constitution, try to lessen, weaken, change and outright destroy it and its intent when it stands in THEIR way, try to use it for protection when it suits their agenda.

Now, when it comes to expressing your first amendment rights, this is how it's done:
But if I remember correctly, these people were vermin, racist, dangerous, etc. Wonder how many buildings were destroyed, business's looted and people killed and injured during Tea Party demonstrations?
Last edited by Bryce on Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:56 am

R Bedell wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:02 am
I just love how the same people who hate the constitution, try to lessen, weaken, change and outright destroy it and its intent when it stands in THEIR way, try to use it for protection when it suits their agenda.
AMEN
At least you won't have anything to say when we take your guns. You certainly are comfortable with trampling on the rights of Citizens.
As for the secret police in Portland, they were grabbing peaceful protesters...

Last edited by TC Talks on Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

― Noam Chomsky

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:58 am

But if I remember correctly, these people were vermin, racist, dangerous, etc. Wonder how many buildings were destroyed, business's looted and people killed and injured during Tea Party demonstrations?
Where are the secret federal police? I don't see them, can you? Thank you for making my point.

Most importantly, how will moderate Republican swing voters view this situation?

― Noam Chomsky

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:10 am

TC Talks wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:58 am
Where are the secret federal police? I don't see them, can you? Thank you for making my point.

Most importantly, how will moderate Republican swing voters view this situation?
Don't be a simpleton.

Police arent needed if no crimes are being committed.

Again, can you point to looting, arson, and physical violence or tearing down landmarks taking place at ANY Tea Party demonstration?

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:20 am

TC Talks wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:25 pm
If this had been a Democrat can you imagine how many people would be losing their mind right now?
I don't recall too many people with their hair on fire when Obama assassinated an American citizen living over seas with a drone strike. Would you rather be detained or assassinated?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic