Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Governor Whitmer strengthens Executive Order on masks

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Deleted User 4520

Governor Whitmer strengthens Executive Order on masks

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:22 pm

https://www.wlns.com/news/governor-whit ... txRq1s9slc

This new order clarifies that businesses may not assume that an unmasked customer cannot medically tolerate a face covering, though they can accept a customer’s verbal representation to that effect.

Bryce

Re: Governor Whitmer strengthens Executive Order on masks

Post by Bryce » Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:14 pm

Plus the order say's...
Wearing masks inside polling places not required

Maybe I should open a nightclub and call it "The Polling Place.". Because evidently according to her "science" Covid-19 can't be spread at a polling place.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:38 pm

Bryce wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:14 pm
Plus the order say's...
Wearing masks inside polling places not required

Maybe I should open a nightclub and call it "The Polling Place.". Because evidently according to her "science" Covid-19 can't be spread at a polling place.
A wide variety of “voting booths” available to suit all your needs...

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:10 pm

So here's my question.
Someone says they can't wear a mask. Fine.

Should the store say:
"Tough Titties. No matter what your problem may be, you strolling the aisles maskless makes everyone else uncomfortable. So bye bye".

Just because Whitmer says it's allowed doesn't mean the store can't legally still say "Do a U-turn. See ya". It's private property. If one maskless person causes others to exit stage left, what other option does a store have?
Last edited by Deleted User 14896 on Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:14 pm

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:10 pm
So here's my question.

Could or should the store say:
"Tough Titties. No matter what your problem may be, you strolling the aisles maskless makes everyone else uncomfortable. So bye bye"?

Just because Whitmer says it's allowed doesn't mean the store can't still say "Do a U-turn. See ya". It's private property. If one maskless person causes everyone else exit stage left, what other option does a store have?
I see a suit under the people with disabilities act in a scenario like that.
Frankly, if you can't wear a mask for 20 minutes in today's environment, stay home and get your stuff delivered.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

hanson

Post by hanson » Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:19 pm

Bryce wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:14 pm
Mike Oxlong wrote:
So here's my question.

"Tough Titties. No matter what your problem may be, you strolling the aisles maskless makes everyone else uncomfortable. So bye bye"?

Just because Whitmer says it's allowed doesn't mean the store can't still say "Do a U-turn. See ya". It's private property. If one maskless person causes everyone else exit stage left, what other option does a store have?
Frankly, if you can't wear a mask for 20 minutes in today's environment, stay home and get your stuff delivered.
Exactly. Business owners do have the right to control who enters their stores. No shirt, no shoes, no mask, no service.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:38 pm

Bryce wrote:
I don't believe there's anything in the Americans with Disabilities Act that would help them.
The ADA is all about physical access.

I'm a bit familiar with the ADA. Did you know that a business with less than 3 public floors does not have to provide any accommodation for the physically disabled? No lift, no ramp, no elevator, nothing. Of course they all do anyway.

And you may also find this interesting. Places of worship are exempt from the ADA. No matter how big the building is.
But of course, all churches do their best to accommodate, no matter how small they are.

hanson

Post by hanson » Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:05 pm

https://www.mlive.com/public-interest/2 ... jnalRjNls4

More info from an M-live article making a case for masks.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:23 pm

hanson wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:19 pm
Bryce wrote:
Mike Oxlong wrote:
So here's my question.

Exactly. Business owners do have the right to control who enters their stores. No shirt, no shoes, no mask, no service.
Until they do it to the wrong minority person. Then it's all about the -ism rather than any science about the masks.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:30 pm

So WHEN IN THE HELL are we going to go back to the way laws are SUPPOSED to be passed? A governor's powers aren't limitless and endless.

hanson

Post by hanson » Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:49 pm

bmw wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:30 pm
So WHEN IN THE HELL are we going to go back to the way laws are SUPPOSED to be passed? A governor's powers aren't limitless and endless.
Are you kidding me? We are in the middle of a pandemic. The legislature would never agree to anything the governor wants, no matter how valid and necessary. They oppose everything she does. She doesn't want to end up like snyder, the target of lawsuits claiming dereliction of duty. BTW, we will never return to the good ole days.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:15 pm

Whether the legislature would go along with her isn't the point. Emergency powers don't last forever. Just because we're still in the middle of a pandemic doesn't necessarily mean that time is of the essence in everything she's doing. Masks - for example - the government has had PLENTY of time to properly debate this issue and pass appropriate sunset legislation.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:41 pm

hanson wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:49 pm
bmw wrote:
Are you kidding me? We are in the middle of a pandemic. The legislature would never agree to anything the governor wants, no matter how valid and necessary. They oppose everything she does. She doesn't want to end up like snyder, the target of lawsuits claiming dereliction of duty. BTW, we will never return to the good ole days.
I refuse to use the word pandemic. It's hype.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:41 pm

audiophile wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:41 pm
hanson wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:49 pm
bmw wrote:
I refuse to use the word pandemic. It's hype.
Hype? It’s what’s happening...

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:56 pm

Don't think an increase of 18% over the normal death rate is a pandemic.

It's hype.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic