Acceptable registrations in the queue through October 17 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

The "New" Mike Valenti Show on 97.1

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
User avatar
lidoshuffle
Posts: 106
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:58 pm

The "New" Mike Valenti Show on 97.1

Post by lidoshuffle » Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:32 pm

I always have been a Valenti fan, but apparently he has changed his show, to the "Doom & Gloom" show, as he has for the last few weeks have been telling us how college football will not happen, if you send your kids to school in Sep, they will immediately be infected with Covid-19 and won't make it home that evening, and he basically wants MI to shut down again, claims we all can't sit still for six weeks, I thought we did in March thru late May, only to witness the economy bomb, people losing their jobs permanently, businesses shutting down forever...and I though that turd Jeff Riger was the most doom & gloom radio voice in Detroit....



Matt
Posts: 2717
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:18 pm
Location: Ann Arbor

Re: The "New" Mike Valenti Show on 97.1

Post by Matt » Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:35 pm

He's a fucking loser. Why do people listen to him?



User avatar
MWmetalhead
Site Admin
Posts: 4375
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:23 am

Re: The "New" Mike Valenti Show on 97.1

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:17 pm

I agree with his prediction of no Division I football season.


Rock 95.5 in Chicago is the worst sounding major market rock station in the history of corporate radio.

jsf
Posts: 140
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:06 am
Location: Livonia, MI

Re: The "New" Mike Valenti Show on 97.1

Post by jsf » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:03 pm

I'm tired of his rant's,when he starts blaming the President for the Covid virus I just turn off the radio. He thinks he has to be contraversial to be listened too,so wrong.



Matt
Posts: 2717
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:18 pm
Location: Ann Arbor

Re: The "New" Mike Valenti Show on 97.1

Post by Matt » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:06 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:17 pm
I agree with his prediction of no Division I football season.
Could go either way. Today I'm optimistic and think it will happen. 10 games, conference only, and starting late September.



Neckbeard
Posts: 195
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:00 pm

Re: The "New" Mike Valenti Show on 97.1

Post by Neckbeard » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:40 pm

No way in hell will there be a college football season. COVID-19 is spreading like wildfire and the only reason people don't know or acknowledge it right now is because restrictions were lifted.



armchair pd
Posts: 206
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2004 5:46 pm
Location: B.F.E.

Re: The "New" Mike Valenti Show on 97.1

Post by armchair pd » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:58 pm

He and Stern have totally given in to the hysteria. Sad in a way.

Both are great talents....

That I can no longer listen to.



Matt
Posts: 2717
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:18 pm
Location: Ann Arbor

Re: The "New" Mike Valenti Show on 97.1

Post by Matt » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:00 pm

Neckbeard wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:40 pm
No way in hell will there be a college football season. COVID-19 is spreading like wildfire and the only reason people don't know or acknowledge it right now is because restrictions were lifted.
Pipe down, Nancy. Herd immunity is likely developing. Hospitals are not overwhelmed.



Neckbeard
Posts: 195
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:00 pm

Re: The "New" Mike Valenti Show on 97.1

Post by Neckbeard » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:23 pm

Matt wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:00 pm
Neckbeard wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:40 pm
No way in hell will there be a college football season. COVID-19 is spreading like wildfire and the only reason people don't know or acknowledge it right now is because restrictions were lifted.
Pipe down, Nancy. Herd immunity is likely developing. Hospitals are not overwhelmed.
That's why reported cases are climbing in the US, eh? When your metric is "hospitals aren't overwhelmed yet" you have a pretty dim design for a goalpost.

That season will not happen. Period.



Matt
Posts: 2717
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:18 pm
Location: Ann Arbor

Re: The "New" Mike Valenti Show on 97.1

Post by Matt » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:26 pm

Neckbeard wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:23 pm
Matt wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:00 pm
Neckbeard wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:40 pm
No way in hell will there be a college football season. COVID-19 is spreading like wildfire and the only reason people don't know or acknowledge it right now is because restrictions were lifted.
Pipe down, Nancy. Herd immunity is likely developing. Hospitals are not overwhelmed.
That's why reported cases are climbing in the US, eh? When your metric is "hospitals aren't overwhelmed yet" you have a pretty dim design for a goalpost.

That season will not happen. Period.
We'll see. I hope you're wrong.

We never came near to overwhelming hospitals. There is some encouraging news on vaccines today, but we are very much in the learning to live with it phase.



Bobbert
Posts: 337
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:13 pm

Re: The "New" Mike Valenti Show on 97.1

Post by Bobbert » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:43 pm

At the beginning of the year, I decided to stop listening to Valenti, for all the reasons that have been mentioned many times here (contrived anger, small range of topics, etc.). On my long drive home from work, I decided to just bounce back and forth between WTKA, WDFN, and 1270. Between those stations, there was a wide variety of general sports talk with less of the melodramatic controversy on which Valenti seems to thrive. I was glad I made the switch, and then the virus hit...



JLesinski
Posts: 275
Joined: Sat May 25, 2019 11:43 pm

Re: The "New" Mike Valenti Show on 97.1

Post by JLesinski » Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:33 pm

Cases are increasing yet the death rate is steady or dropping. Wonder why we rarely hear about that?

U.S. Coronavirus Cases Are Rising Sharply, but Deaths Are Still Down
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/03/heal ... sting.html



Gertner
Posts: 48
Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:27 am

Re: The "New" Mike Valenti Show on 97.1

Post by Gertner » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:58 pm

Matt wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:00 pm
Neckbeard wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:40 pm
No way in hell will there be a college football season. COVID-19 is spreading like wildfire and the only reason people don't know or acknowledge it right now is because restrictions were lifted.
Pipe down, Nancy. Herd immunity is likely developing. Hospitals are not overwhelmed.
Sorry mongoloid, no evidence of herd Immunity



riggs
Posts: 54
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 11:04 am

Re: The "New" Mike Valenti Show on 97.1

Post by riggs » Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:43 pm

jsf wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:03 pm
I'm tired of his rant's,when he starts blaming the President for the Covid virus I just turn off the radio. He thinks he has to be contraversial to be listened too,so wrong.
Well maybe if the President had actually done something instead of lie and try to cast blame on everyone but him, we could be further along.

Not his fault it got here, but it is his fault it wasn't dealt with properly. He's a fucking sociopath and he should be called out at every turn.

Oh, and he's a fucking racist too.


Sidney sit down, relax, have a sandwich, drink a glass of milk, do some fucking thing

JLesinski
Posts: 275
Joined: Sat May 25, 2019 11:43 pm

Re: The "New" Mike Valenti Show on 97.1

Post by JLesinski » Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:55 am

Doom and gloom Mike is tough to listen to.

He and Jamie, by far, are still the cream of that crop though.



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic