All accepted new registrations through 11:59p ET on October 3 have been activated. Accepted new registrations in the queue are activated on a weekly basis each Saturday. Terms of use are available here: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/ucp.php?mode=terms

Thank you!

Amash for President...?

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
Doktor No
Posts: 67
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:01 pm

Re: Amash for President...?

Unread post by Doktor No »

He bailed. Evidently he finally figured out Betsy and the Ada House group don't like him anymore. No Cash, No Splash.
MasterB
Posts: 1599
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:59 pm
Location: Kalamazoo

Re: Amash for President...?

Unread post by MasterB »

I thought Justin Amash was a shoo-in to win the Libertarian Party nomination for president he had no shot at winning president. Better to run for congress to see if he can win as an independent but maybe his star power is starting to go down.
Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.
TeleCine
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2004 7:35 pm

Re: Amash for President...?

Unread post by TeleCine »

audiophile
Posts: 9557
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 9:21 pm
Location: Between 88 and 108 MHz.

Re: Amash for President...?

Unread post by audiophile »

Somewhat, but he is not the only owner.

Also a friend of mine said that if your state position but your lose the vote, you are not hypocritical if you no longer hold to your outvoted position.
Psalm 139:13 ~ For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb.

Jeremiah 1:5 ~ "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you;

Exodus 20:13 ~ “You shall not murder."
TeleCine
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2004 7:35 pm

Re: Amash for President...?

Unread post by TeleCine »

In May, Amash voted against the TRUTH Act, which sought to increase transparency around the PPP and the companies that received assistance. The bill, which failed to achieve the supermajority House Democrats needed to pass it under an accelerated procedure for consideration they chose to use, would have required the SBA to release many of the same details that it ended up releasing earlier this week without a congressional mandate after being pressured to do so by media outlets and members of Congress.
RedRamage
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon May 09, 2005 2:48 pm

Re: Amash for President...?

Unread post by RedRamage »

FWIW, this seems to like the anti-Gary Peters ad where Peters supposedly is invested in companies that have outsourced jobs. As someone who leans conservative, I hate this ad. I suspect that pretty much anyone who had a mutual fund probably has investments in a company that has outsourced jobs.

Amash is a minority owner in this company and I strongly suspect that he wasn't consulted on the decision to apply for the loan. However, as Audiophile states above, even if he was, this is currently the law of the land and he shouldn't penalize his company by not taking advantage of options even if he things those advantages shouldn't have been put out there.

I kinda think it's a dumb rule in baseball that if the catcher drops strike three you can run to first base. I don't understand why that rule should exist. It makes zero sense to me. But that doesn't mean I don't want any Tiger running is arse off to 1st if the opposing catcher fumbles the ball on strike three.

Now, his not voting in favor of the TRUTH Act is more troubling to me. I'd like to know his reasoning on it.
Post Reply