Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Beginning to think Fox 2 has a liberal agenda

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Deleted User 7620

Beginning to think Fox 2 has a liberal agenda

Post by Deleted User 7620 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:25 pm

It’s probably been there for a while, but it’s really obvious now, with all the BLM crap going around. All I’ve seen from them, is a lot of negative reporting with a lot of rhetoric. Furthermore, they are focusing more on the nonsense spewed by these protesters, without reporting the whole truth. While they did a great job with that incident of the Caucasian couple in Lake Orion by showing that the two black women provoked the whole situation, the fact that they are showing more from some in Detroit who spew rhetoric, instead of intervening people from Detroit who has sense, is concerning.

I could be looking at this wrong, but I feel that Fox 2 Detroit is more liberal slanted. I think it’s obvious with one on the morning crew I shall keep nameless, and a couple others. Charlie Langston is definitely more balanced, but others seem to try to cut him off. It’s just crazy.

Again, I could be wrong, and if I am, I apologize. But I think noticed this for a while now, definitely more so now.

I’m surprised Fox even allows this, since WJBK is owned by News Corp (Fox Television Stations).

What are your thoughts on this?

Deleted User 15342

Re: Beginning to think Fox 2 has a liberal agenda

Post by Deleted User 15342 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:33 pm

Wouldn’t surprise me. Fox 2 has always leaned left anyway.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:51 pm

There are definitely reporters on there that are way left. The do keep it fairly in check though, but every now and then it comes though. I can't think of any of their on-air staff that I'd guess is conservative, except maybe Dan Miller or even Hammer.

Today though, there was some idiot reporting from FOX2 on scene at the protests on 6 mile then later on 7 mile. He was clearly hoping that a wholescale riot would break out and kept making comparisons to 1967 to what was happening today. I'm not sure who he was, but clearly an idiot. They need to get him off the air. It was none of their normal reporters that I could recognize (by voice, they never had him on camera while I was watching).

Deleted User 15342

Post by Deleted User 15342 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:31 pm

km1125 wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:51 pm
There are definitely reporters on there that are way left. The do keep it fairly in check though, but every now and then it comes though. I can't think of any of their on-air staff that I'd guess is conservative, except maybe Dan Miller or even Hammer.

Today though, there was some idiot reporting from FOX2 on scene at the protests on 6 mile then later on 7 mile. He was clearly hoping that a wholescale riot would break out and kept making comparisons to 1967 to what was happening today. I'm not sure who he was, but clearly an idiot. They need to get him off the air. It was none of their normal reporters that I could recognize (by voice, they never had him on camera while I was watching).
The reporter was Randy Wimbley. And you’re correct an idiot reporter.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:23 pm

Lucky615 wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:31 pm
km1125 wrote:

He’s been around for awhile...

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:48 pm

Two recent things that jump out:

A report by Amy Andrews where she passionately talked about how government neglect of the black community has led to today's protests. Did she mean the same black community that has had trillions of dollars thrown to it since the mid 1960s?

The Let It Rip segment on the Lake Orion couple that included two black women on the panel making predictable comments, but no white women.

Tman

Post by Tman » Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:19 am

Noticed Huel seems to be carrying the torch the last 3 weeks . As far as the protest coverage all 3 stations helped fan the flame reporting that event . Hoping for a good disaster .

JLesinski

Post by JLesinski » Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:38 am

I didnt watch a ton but I was hoping for some interviews with the protestors after they found out the guy shot at police first. I purposely turned on channel 2 right at 10 to see if that would be mentioned. It was barely mentioned in passing. At least during the time I watched.

Deleted User 15342

Post by Deleted User 15342 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:31 am

Tman wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:19 am
Noticed Huel seems to be carrying the torch the last 3 weeks . As far as the protest coverage all 3 stations helped fan the flame reporting that event . Hoping for a good disaster .
Perkins is a liberal. The man doesn’t like white people, watch his attitude on that stupid “Let it Rip” the real Huel is revealed.

rushbuzz1013

Post by rushbuzz1013 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:41 am

I learned long ago there are real journalists and those who play journalists. The "If it bleeds, it leads" motto is alive and well in this market. BLM, murders, and protester spin stories are a ratings boon for those newsrooms who just like to play at journalism. It's easy to embellish if you have nothing else.

696lover

Post by 696lover » Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:48 am

Charlie LeDuff used to shade facts to help his side. Huel and Randy are pretty vocal about being in the tank for the left, but I don't know if they lie for their side. Amy is just desperate.

However, as far as falsifying facts to help fellow Blacks out, Andrea Islom at 7 for the win.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:33 am

Amy is an airhead.

A couple mornings ago around the 6:12 weather check, she commented it "was already in the 80s outside."

Alan tried covering for her; pretty pitiful to watch.

The true temp was only 71 (said so right on the screen in the logo bug), and many outlying areas were only in the mid to upper 60s.

I've never been impressed by Wimbley's reporting from the field; most of the reporters on TV in Grand Rapids (much smaller market) do at least as good of a job as he does.

Huel's feigned emotional pleas on Let It Rip have nauseated me for awhile.

jsf

Post by jsf » Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:53 am

I watched the news on Saturday morning and hardly a story about the shootings and follow up on protests. Not enough blood for a story I guess. I did see Chief Craig on channel 4 and the new morning guy asked if the police could have used less deadly force, the chief lit him up by saying the perp was shooting at the cops head what were they supposed to do. Channel 7 and 2 were mostly interested in the Palace implosion. I'm sure if the guy didn't have a gun we'd still be hearing about it. Most of these protesters should have been around in the 60's they would have had a field day, I think some of them just have nothing better to do and are looking to protest about something without thinking.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:13 pm

Lucky615 wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:31 pm
km1125 wrote:

I recognize the name, but I couldn't pick him out of a lineup.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:14 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:33 am
Huel's feigned emotional pleas on Let It Rip have nauseated me for awhile.
+1000 on that one. I like him as an anchor, but every time I see him on Let It Rip I lose a bit of respect for him. Soon he'll be at less than zero.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic