Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

McCanada

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
WC8KCY

Re: McCanada

Post by WC8KCY » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:46 pm

Stopped at the Lake City, MI McD's Thursday and also got a maple leaf bag. Sadly, poutine had not been added to the menu.

No mention of Scott's Chicken Villa on the KFC bags I've recently received.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:55 pm

Scott's Chicken Villa is a Toronto thing. We don't have it around here.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

WC8KCY

Post by WC8KCY » Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:04 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:55 pm
Scott's Chicken Villa is a Toronto thing. It isn't on the bags here either.
We had Scott's Chicken Villa KFCs in Sault Sainte Marie (ON)...used to go to the one on Trunk Road, which is still there--but apparently no longer part of the Scott's empire.

They were infamous for their awful French fries, which we suspected were McCain Super Fries reheated in a microwave oven. The chicken was light-years better than from the KFC in Sault, MI, however.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:53 am

I think that they oversaturated with franchises. I was working for a cloud-based business for a while, and I would go out to Timmy's just to get out of the house while working. Well, I started noticing more opening up, and thought I would check them out. They would have stupid problems like not having the full menu, no Wi-Fi, etc. I'm not gonna just use my phone as a hotspot. Plus they would often be trashed. Garbage everywhere, torn seats, all that. I miss the nights when I would be there all night, plugging away. With corona a thing now, only an idiot would be sitting in one of these places for hours.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:07 pm

In Canada they just keep building more Tims. They are on almost on ever corner. At some busy intersections there are two, to catch the traffic going both directions.

In our town, there might be 15 to 20 McD. There are well over 100 Tims and they are still building, while Starbucks are closing down.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

RayQix

Post by RayQix » Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:22 am

The last three McD’s visits had the Maple Leaf on the bag.

All three in Michigan: South Haven, Livonia, and last nite from Novi.

Something is going on if the bags have to be smuggled across the border.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic