Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 29 at 11:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

USA Coronavirus Response Minus Trump

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
screen glare

USA Coronavirus Response Minus Trump

Post by screen glare » Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:52 am

Do you ever wonder how The USA would be better right now if a different president had been at the helm when we first began hearing about a new killer virus in China?

What if we’d had a president who believed in science, and the “worst case scenario” of a pandemic - which science was offering for his/her consideration. And immediately - the president began preparing for the worst. Quietly ordering an inventory taken of all items and personnel needed to hospitalize at least a million people nationwide?

When the president learned of shortages in those supplies - PPE, vents, beds, tests, tracers - which scientists were predicting would be necessary - steps were then taken to buy, or manufacture, or line up whatever was not on hand.

The idea here - is - what if we’d begun preparing very early on? In every way pandemic experts advised for a worst case scenario.

And when scientists advised that a clear, well-coordinated federal response was a better health guard than a state-by-state patchwork response - the president’s Coronavirus planning team began devising what such a federal response would look like. Including advising the president about The Defense Production Act. And of course learning - early on - every way The CDC was prepared/not prepared to contain/curtail a new killer virus. One that could become pandemic in size and scope.

Also - playing out how such a health crisis would likely effect the economy, schools, LTC facilities, prisons, large meat processing factories, buying our groceries, shopping for all goods and services, driving, flying, recreation, houses of worship, working outside our homes, entertainment venues and production including pro sports, concerts, tv/movie industries, high tech, funeral industry, etc.

What if? Maybe we’d lead the world in fewest cases and/or deaths per capita. And once that happened we could safely start to reopen. Without having to re-lock down.

What if we had had that president? Instead of a man nearly every one mistrusts - and regards as selfish, unstable, and dangerous.

Deleted User 15342

Re: USA Coronavirus Response Minus Trump

Post by Deleted User 15342 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:37 am

Like what if Biden was President during this pandemic. He wouldn’t remember why we’re in lockdown or that he put the country in lockdown, he can’t even remember what happened 5 minutes ago. There’s a lot of what if’s in your opening statement. Now who would you suggest would’ve been able to handle this situation better.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:06 am

Lucky615 wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:37 am
Like what if Biden was President during this pandemic. He wouldn’t remember why we’re in lockdown or that he put the country in lockdown, he can’t even remember what happened 5 minutes ago. There’s a lot of what if’s in your opening statement. Now who would you suggest would’ve been able to handle this situation better.
Anybody. Thin air. Dora the explorer. Anybody. The rest of your premise is complete and utter bullshit.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:51 am

Trump hasn't taken away freedoms and he as mostly did the right things despite having a big mouth. He rapidly locked down the country to China despite WHO telling him not to. He procured medical supplies through the defense production act, offered expedited experimental medical treatments, provided rapidly deployed Covid treatment facilities and working with the medical industry to provide testing and vaccines. He also signed bills for enhanced unemployment benefits and loans. The volume of ventilators that was ordered will never be used, but we will have them for the future. What did he do wrong? He got into it with White House reporters. What flaws did this crisis expose? Relying on China for medical supplies is not in the national interest. Trump was right on this position from the start of his presidency.

I would give A- for things he did.
I would give D- for things he said. (I would Pence an A- for things he said and did.)

The governor of this once great state and AG Nessel has taken away many rights, was very inconsistent, almost bankrupted the state, and didn't properly protect the most vulnerable (people in nursing homes) and really had offered no real solutions other than shut it down. Even now they have no solutions other than social distancing. Event the reopen plans are inconsistent. Almost no one is wearing masks.

I would give D for things she did.
I would give C for things she said.
Last edited by audiophile on Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:59 am, edited 3 times in total.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:56 am

audiophile wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:51 am
Trump hasn't taken away freedoms and he as mostly did the right things despite having a big mouth. He rapidly locked down the country to China despite WHO telling him not to. He procured medical supplies through the defense production act, offered expedited experimental medical treatments, provided rapidly deployed Covid treatment facilities and working with the medical industry to provide testing and vaccines. The volume of ventilators that was ordered will never be used, but we will have them for the future. What did he do wrong? He got into it with White House reporters. What flaws did this crisis expose? Relying on China for medical supplies is not in the national interest. Trump was right on this position from the start of his presidency.

I would give D- for things he said. (I would Pence an A- for things he said and did.)

The governor of this once great state and AG Nessel has taken away many rights, almost bankrupted the state, and didn't properly protect the most vulnerable (people in nursing homes) and really had offered no real solutions other than shut it down. Even now they have no solutions other than social distancing.

I would give D- for things she did.
He did nothing for an entire month. The month of February to be precise. It took him way too long to invoke the defense production act and his touting of unproven treatments was irresponsible. Some of the other stuff like fast tracking a vaccine is something any child of five would have done. When push comes to shove he’s all bark and no bite and he isn’t much of a leader to boot.

Whitmer isn’t doing much different than most of the other governors in terms of social distancing and reopening. Some of your redder states that opened faster and didn’t see as bad of a spike the first go around are now seeing record hospitalizations (Arizona) and cases (Florida). Overall 22 states are seeing virus cases rise and not all of it is attributable to testing.
Last edited by Rate This on Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:01 am

When other states pass Michigan in percentage of deaths the we can start maybe examining if they did it right or wrong. Maybe many of us in Michigan already had it.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:05 am

audiophile wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:01 am
When other states pass Michigan in percentage of deaths the we can start maybe examining if they did it right or wrong. Maybe many of us in Michigan already had it.
The fact the case numbers are rising outside of what testing can account for in those lax states is a red flag. I highly doubt most of us have already had it. If our numbers don’t spike after reopening but there’s continue to then that is a clear sign our model worked better. They don’t need to pass us in number of deaths... all that’s needed is for them to be grappling with issues from their spikes for a while and us to continue moving along as we have been to see the difference.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:08 am

The only person I know that died from had heart problems and COPD. No one else in his household got sick and they took no precautions. They were joking with him a week prior that maybe he had corona virus. I suspect they all had it they just never experienced any significant symptoms.

Likewise RT you probably had it.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:29 am

audiophile wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:08 am
The only person I know that died from had heart problems and COPD. No one else in his household got sick and they took no precautions. They were joking with him a week prior that maybe he had corona virus. I suspect they all had it they just never experienced any significant symptoms.

Likewise RT you probably had it.
As a matter of fact I suspect I did in early February... horrible headache and a bit of a cough for a couple days. Then it went away.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:41 am

If you are non-smoker, not a hermit, not overweight, not on BP medicine and otherwise good health you just might think it was another common bug. There is always exceptions, I suppose, especially those that never knew that they had an underlying health condition.
Last edited by audiophile on Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:52 am, edited 6 times in total.

Deleted User 15342

Post by Deleted User 15342 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:41 am

audiophile wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:51 am
Trump hasn't taken away freedoms and he as mostly did the right things despite having a big mouth. He rapidly locked down the country to China despite WHO telling him not to. He procured medical supplies through the defense production act, offered expedited experimental medical treatments, provided rapidly deployed Covid treatment facilities and working with the medical industry to provide testing and vaccines. He also signed bills for enhanced unemployment benefits and loans. The volume of ventilators that was ordered will never be used, but we will have them for the future. What did he do wrong? He got into it with White House reporters. What flaws did this crisis expose? Relying on China for medical supplies is not in the national interest. Trump was right on this position from the start of his presidency.

The governor of this once great state and AG Nessel has taken away many rights, was very inconsistent, almost bankrupted the state, and didn't properly protect the most vulnerable (people in nursing homes) and really had offered no real solutions other than shut it down. Even now they have no solutions other than social distancing. Event the reopen plans are inconsistent. Almost no one is wearing masks.

I would give D for things she did.
I totally agree 100 percent.

Deleted User 15335

Post by Deleted User 15335 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:58 am

its all hoax and I prove it I do the risky but I never catch it. I dont use hydroxiclorokin I dont use bleach. I dont wear gloves and I dont wear a mast. everybody around me distances but I dont. I dont catch it becaus its a hoax

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:07 am

patriot wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:58 am
its all hoax and I prove it I do the risky but I never catch it. I dont use hydroxiclorokin I dont use bleach. I dont wear gloves and I dont wear a mast. everybody around me distances but I dont. I dont catch it becaus its a hoax
Maybe you haven’t got it because you are wearing your mast out on the ocean?

Deleted User 15342

Post by Deleted User 15342 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:28 pm

Rate This wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:06 am
Lucky615 wrote:
Anybody. Thin air. Dora the explorer. Anybody. The rest of your premise is complete and utter bullshit.
It’s obvious you had no real answers as to who could do a better job during this pandemic. A typical blame Trump individual. Complete and utter bullshit.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:49 pm

Lucky615 wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:28 pm
Rate This wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:06 am
Lucky615 wrote:
It’s obvious you had no real answers as to who could do a better job during this pandemic. A typical blame Trump individual. Complete and utter bullshit.
I gave an answer. If you want somebody specific.. Biden.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic