Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Channel 7 mornings for the non win

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Deleted User 14896

Re: Channel 7 mornings for the non win

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:10 pm

Lucky615 wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:11 am
Even with all the tech issues on channel 7 I still prefer it over Fox 2 and those idiots they call personalities and skip Local 4 they always were terrible. And the women on channel 7 are attractive so much easier to watch.
I agree. It seems the folks at 2 that have been "confined to quarters" since the lockdowns (don't mind calling it that) are getting a bit stir crazy.

696lover

Post by 696lover » Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:37 am

They brought in Brian Able and Amera David (the coupon reporter) to anchor this morning. I ended up turning it off. They did okay reading stories, but it was so bad.

They kept doing a 4 way split screen of them to do the banter, and neither of them could do it. The traffic girl was just standing there with a forced grin and the weather guy was staring off to the side of the lens, and those two were just so lame.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:45 am

696lover wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:37 am
They brought in Brian Able and Amera David (the coupon reporter) to anchor this morning. I ended up turning it off. They did okay reading stories, but it was so bad.

They kept doing a 4 way split screen of them to do the banter, and neither of them could do it. The traffic girl was just standing there with a forced grin and the weather guy was staring off to the side of the lens, and those two were just so lame.
Brian Able has an awful lisp and Amira David has no business near a camera...

696lover

Post by 696lover » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:38 am

She should be way better, she was an anchor for the Russian state English Language propaganda channel, and she is okay at reading the voice overs for the consumer stories from the Scripps mothership in Denver, but not great.

Plus, why do they pay a consumer and also an event/advertising reporter? Put Jennifer Wilson on both--at least she can act excited about the cleaning power of the new turbo detergent

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:55 am

696lover wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:38 am
She should be way better, she was an anchor for the Russian state English Language propaganda channel, and she is okay at reading the voice overs for the consumer stories from the Scripps mothership in Denver, but not great.

Plus, why do they pay a consumer and also an event/advertising reporter? Put Jennifer Wilson on both--at least she can act excited about the cleaning power of the new turbo detergent
RT was desperate for talent I think...

696lover

Post by 696lover » Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:24 am

Ameera David is coanchoring again. I flipped it over to 4 when it got annoying. Is she sick or something? They had her in a blue tint but even with that she looked horrible.

And she is not a very good anchor, anyway, but she looks really bad

rushbuzz1013

Post by rushbuzz1013 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:21 am

696lover wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:24 am
Ameera David is coanchoring again. I flipped it over to 4 when it got annoying. Is she sick or something? They had her in a blue tint but even with that she looked horrible.

And she is not a very good anchor, anyway, but she looks really bad
I respectfully disagree. She is actually pretty attractive, though she absolutely should consult with a TV hair stylist (it was a bit of a mess even before the pandemic). Lighting these days is the discretion of whomever turns on a switch....it could be much better. That would really help her, too.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:14 pm

I'm not getting the Ameera David dissing. I don't have any problem watching her deliver the news stories. I'd like to see if she could actually put together a story end-to-end, but don't have any problem with her delivery as an anchor. Maybe I'm missing something as I don't watch 7 as much as some others.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:04 pm

km1125 wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:14 pm
I'm not getting the Ameera David dissing. I don't have any problem watching her deliver the news stories. I'd like to see if she could actually put together a story end-to-end, but don't have any problem with her delivery as an anchor. Maybe I'm missing something as I don't watch 7 as much as some others.
Maybe I’m old fashioned and an asshole but if you stumble, halt and fumble more than a few times a week and you aren’t volunteering at a community access station you need a new hobby.

696lover

Post by 696lover » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:23 am

Tuned in again this morning. Something is wrong. They have her on lower resolution then the weather guy working from home. Everyone else is high def

I hope it is not serious

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:28 am

696lover wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:23 am
Tuned in again this morning. Something is wrong. They have her on lower resolution then the weather guy working from home. Everyone else is high def

I hope it is not serious
Is it just me? Or have the folks at home looked better than they did when this lockdown started?
I always thought of Hally Vogel as kind of a Frump Girl. Then I seen her at home and thought she actually looks pretty good.
Same with Monica Gayle. In the studio, she looks like she's got a lot of miles on her. From home, she don't look bad at all.
Maybe all three stations should re-consider their lighting or something in the studios as folks come back in.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:38 am

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:28 am
696lover wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:23 am

I hope it is not serious
Is it just me? Or have the folks at home looked better than they did when this lockdown started?
I always thought of Hally Vogel as kind of a Frump Girl. Then I seen her at home and thought she actually looks pretty good.
Same with Monica Gayle. In the studio, she looks like she's got a lot of miles on her. From home, she don't look bad at all.
Maybe all three stations should re-consider their lighting or something in the studios as folks come back in.
I have been thinking the same thing. Now I'm wondering if it's because none of them are really in HD anymore, but lighting could be a big part of it too. Some of them should never go back to the studio but should continue broadcasting or reporting from their home location.

696lover

Post by 696lover » Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:56 am

After having checked out 2's morning weekend show I decide it is time for 7 again.

A long segment comes on about Covid waivers for businesses. Keenan Smith is reading the standup part, and there is a long segment with a lawyer giving legal advice about them.

Except I look up the lawyer, and he is licensed in Maryland, not Michigan. Did no one tell the news guys that states have different laws?

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:51 am

696lover wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:56 am
After having checked out 2's morning weekend show I decide it is time for 7 again.

A long segment comes on about Covid waivers for businesses. Keenan Smith is reading the standup part, and there is a long segment with a lawyer giving legal advice about them.

Except I look up the lawyer, and he is licensed in Maryland, not Michigan. Did no one tell the news guys that states have different laws?
Probably something Scripps put together to be used by any station that wants to.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:50 pm

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:51 am
696lover wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:56 am

Probably something Scripps put together to be used by any station that wants to.
Exactly... WMUR in Baltimore in this case.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic