Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Yet, another one.

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
sinklair

Re: Yet, another one.

Post by sinklair » Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:09 am

R: your post has nothing to do with the Flint-Saginaw TV market

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:27 am

Because the Young Turks isn’t local

DAC

Post by DAC » Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:59 am

sinklair wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:09 am
R: your post has nothing to do with the Flint-Saginaw TV market
That's kind of the way the board has swung the last 6 or 7 years. If you go back 10 years or so, you'd see people who are "in the know" actually identifying themselves and saying interesting things. I guess change is inevitable. Now it's a bunch of cloak and dagger stuff, lots of posts designed just to rile people up, etc. Meh.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:02 pm

TYT is based out of California. It’s on their website. Pretty easy to find out, actually.
I don’t care who finds them.. or Fox News.. or Bedell Broadcasting. Find an appropriate outlet if you want to discuss TYT. This is a forum for local (Flint-Saginaw) TV and radio stations. It’s far too often turning into persons with political grievances and homophobic rants from Lovin.

DAC

Post by DAC » Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:12 am

sinklair wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:02 pm
TYT is based out of California. It’s on their website. Pretty easy to find out, actually.
I don’t care who finds them.. or Fox News.. or Bedell Broadcasting. Find an appropriate outlet if you want to discuss TYT. This is a forum for local (Flint-Saginaw) TV and radio stations. It’s far too often turning into persons with political grievances and homophobic rants from Lovin.
This is the most refreshing thing I've heard in here in years.

Dudley

Post by Dudley » Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:10 pm

Hey Stink, Hardly any of your newscasts have local news. Most of it is shit off the Pathfire!

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:48 pm

Hey Dudley,

Holy sh*t. Thanks for pointing that out for me. I’ve only pointed that out between 10 and 125 times.

That’s what you get when you’re chronically understaffed, when you pay far below the market wages and when you have no leadership.

Most of our producers, photographers and reporters are just out of College. I can remember a time when you had to go to a small market like Allen’s, Lansing or Traverse City to cut your teeth in the business before moving up in market size. That’s no longer the case.

I had a colleague that was told by a news director to go to a smaller market and to make her mistakes there before applying in Flint. But the current In Over Her Head News Director at 25-66 does practically no recruiting, has no relationships with J-Schools and then blames others about the quality of candidates she gets. Of course, it’s never her fault.

But if you keep cutting positions, and you have to fill up the time somehow, out comes the Sinclair Must Runs and CNN packages.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic