Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Whitmer's husband pulls a "do you know who I am?"

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Calvert DeForest

Re: Whitmer's husband pulls a "do you know who I am?"

Post by Calvert DeForest » Wed May 27, 2020 8:17 am

Effective leaders lead by example. This is anything but effective leadership.

I do not anticipate a second wave of the virus, but in the unlikely event there is, the governor's and her husband's behavior may in fact put even more people at risk. This demonstration of hubress will result in people basically disregarding anything she puts forth. Should there be a second wave and further action is needed, people will be much less likely to listen to a governor with zero credibility. I liken it to the boy who cried wolf one time too many. If the wolf comes back, who will listen?

Had our governor handled this in a rational, responsible manner and displayed a true example of leadership, we would not only be in a much better position now, but I think we would have been more prepared for a second wave should it materialize down the road. As it is, her lack of credibility and personal responsibility has rendered her innefective as a leader, thus making it less likely people will give her the time of day in any potential future crisis. This could end up having the opposite effect of keeping people safe should the need arise. She had a chance to do this right by exhibiting real leadership, and she blew it big time!

Shortwave is the ORIGINAL satellite radio.

Matt

Re: Whitmer's husband pulls a "do you know who I am?"

Post by Matt » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:26 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 8:56 pm
Matt wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 8:17 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 8:11 pm
Bryce wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 8:04 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 7:59 pm
Another aside, Bryce...as the biggest "dog guy" on this site (which I mean as a heartfelt compliment), doesn't it say something about this jackass that he is the one president in modern times who doesn't have a dog? Fuck, even Nixon had Checkers.
As a resident of the City Of New York, I'm glad he doesn't/didn't have a dog. Living in Manhattan would be a miserable existence for most dogs.
I'm guessing there are thousands of happy and loved dogs in NYC. And with his fortune the dog would have had a very nice life, especially when he moved to the White House. But you can see he just doesn't have that compassion for what a dog brings to a soul. That's my point.
What is worse: a politician not having a dog or a politician having a dog and naming it Kevin?
:lol Is that Whitmers dogs name? Actually, I have no problem with people names for dogs. Ive always had rescues...my first was called "Pippen" and we changed her name to Emma. Jack WAS a Jack so we had to keep that. My current dog is Luna (see pic) and that fits her too.

Guessing you got a Labradoodle named Bo? Jalen? Harbaugh?!?

This you'll appreciate...my sister who went to UM...currently has a dog named Bursley, her first dorm she lived in.
No dogs here. I have nothing against dogs and just got off a four month dog watching assignment, but we travel a lot and once upon a time were gone most of the day. I've never heard of someone naming a dog after a dorm - I wonder if she enjoyed living there in real time.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic